The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Puppy Pictures

Congratz again for Monty and Zaza, both are wonderful! :luck: :thumbsup: :wub:

This on move pic of Leia is excellent: she moves just perfect!

Height: I think it is not a big problem. To be honest I'm in trouble with my in-size (47 cm) girl, she is just to small. Whippets are bigger nowadays, and I think that size is just one of the aspects by whippets, and even not one of the most importants.

So I really love Your black litter, and wish all the bests for them!

Don't You have an up to date pic of 'Tante'? o:)

They all look lovely. Wish Monty was closer to here :) and Leia's movement is just superb :cheers:

Very nice, especially Leia. Why did she come back to you??

Thanks for the nice comments :)

dessie said:
Very nice, especially Leia.  Why did she come back to you??
She was sold as a pet (because she wasn't black) and her owners returned her because of changes in their life. She is a perfectly well behaved, albeit very spoilt, little girl.

Here a standing picture of her at 6 weeks:

CRW_9600_stripes.jpg

petrezselyem: 'small' in this litter would be 48-49 cm

Last edited by a moderator:
malin said:
Thanks for the nice comments :)
dessie said:
Very nice, especially Leia.  Why did she come back to you??
She was sold as a pet (because she wasn't black) and her owners returned her because of changes in their life. She is a perfectly well behaved, albeit very spoilt, little girl.

Here a standing picture of her at 6 weeks:

CRW_9600_stripes.jpg

Awww, bless her :wub: well she has grown into a very lovely young lady.

malin said:
Well, I think that the "trendy" size is over 52-53 cm by males and over 49-50 by females. If it was good or not, don't know but this looks like fact that cannot be gainsaid.

2 years ago in Tulln Euro Dog Show my Guszti's brother Arthur has been the smallest one in the Junior Class by males. He is over 55 cm!!!! Both the winner and the other competitors in his class have been taller than him! (he got 2nd excellent which is very nice result I think and he has been the first hungarian bred whippet who could reach that-here in Hungary the judges don't like him because he is "so big" :D :D )

The sire of Your nice black litter is an american dog so it is absolutely natural that the size approaches to the US standard size in the F1 generation. Return for it his children are very elegant.( I consider Beo to be a very good stud male. I know one of his children personally, she lives here in Hungary. I think that she is the best female in this region. She is bigger than 47 cm, too. ;) )

I do think that a sound, well bodyed "big" dog with excellent type, lines and elegant gait is much more better than an in-size whippet without these characteristics.

Wish my girl were a bit bigger! ;) ;)

For the other posters: sorry, not the boring size theme again! :))

petrezselyem: I just like 'em small!!! :D

I have a male at home and he is just slightly over 48 cm and for me that is just *perfect*. 12 months:

CRW_3953_wernher12m_500.jpg

Aww just look at that little brindles face :wub: :wub: :wub:

Beautiful pups :b

malin said:
I have a male at home and he is just slightly over 48 cm and for me that is just *perfect*. 12 months:

Malin he is just wonderful :wub: :wub:

What a nice boy! :wub: And IMHO, perfect size too. :- " I thought only mine are that small :D

Leia :wub: as well :thumbsup:

malin said:

Yes, I agree, he is an excellent male! Nice lines and angles. And in size, perfect! :wub: :thumbsup:

Ok, I didn't want to force my taste and opinion on You, sorry. :b

malin said:

He is lovely, but I just wonder is he is half white on his show side??? :)

Seraphina said:
malin said:

I was wondering what the other side looked like too! he is a very handsome dog, I like him :wub:

Seraphina said:
malin said:

As far as I remember he's not but he just has an unusual shaped marking which is rather attractive and adds to his charm! Hopefully Malin will post a pic of him face on

dessie said:
As far as I remember he's not but he just has an unusual shaped marking which is rather attractive and adds to his charm!  Hopefully Malin will post a pic of him face on
Thanks Dessie :D !

Here it comes: a full frontal pic... wonderful backdrop but unfortunately his friends didn't think it was worth the effort :rant: The girls are taller than him (when they are not trying to avoid a camera)

CRW_8113_500.jpg

What a super picture Malin! They are all lovely but Werner especially :wub:

Back