The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Puppy Pics

jordanv

Registered
Reaction score
Have only managed to get a few pictures of Milo recently... he never stays still long enough.

He is like a little whirlwind through the house, his bed in the lounge suddenly fills up with shoes, door mats, baby toys, bags, etc etc when I turn my back for one minute it seems :lol:

I can't wait to take him for little walks, have had conflicting views though when they can go out after their last injection. Milo has his on Saturday. Do I wait a week, 10 days or 2 weeks??? Even the vets say different times. Is it best just to lead walk him or can he have a little free running too??

Vikki

Resized_Med___Milo_003.jpg

what a gorgeous pup :wub: I waited 7 days after my dogs last injections and waited until I had a sorta good recall :b before letting them off the leads for the first time,

I used an extendable lead until I knew they would come back to me, that way they got to have a bit of freedom but without the worry of getting lost/run over etc

good luck :luck:

What a cutie!! Looks like he likes his new 'big sister' too!

Everyone will say different about when to let them off the lead. Our dogs have always been let off virtually straight away - obviously in a safe open space and at a quiet time without loads of other dogs about. When they are very young, they will come back as they don't want to be too far away from you. If you leave it too long, they feel more confident and independant and can not be so keen to come back!!

Our dobermann came back fine when she was very young, then went through a naughty spell around 5monts when she thought she was big and grown up!!

Gorgeous pictures of Milo :wub: :wub: ... its usually a week after 2nd injection -- the immunity will have had time to build up by then, think I cheated by a couple of days with my pups (w00t)

Lovely pictures of Milo :wub: :wub:

I cheated too, we went out a few days early just to burn a bit of energy off.

Julie

Jeez, how much does he look like our Louie :D

Dsc02033.jpg

earsagain.jpg

Gorgeous pup :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
What a lovely pup :wub: he looks like butter would'nt melt :teehee:

We cheated a bit too I'm afraid, :b but they are still here to tell the tale (w00t)

He's the spitting image of Fletcher just a different colour. Hes a real beauty.

I have apparently got to wait 2 weeks after second jabs but my god, thats gonna take some doing......

I only turn my back for a second and look, he is on the sofa (he is not allowed by the way) and has the baby's comforter :rant: :rant:

Can't help laughing at him though :D

And and after photo of him sulking when I told him off. Obviously the lovely fluffy bed I bought him is not good enough... only for chewing that is!

Resized_Milo_1.jpg

Resized_Med___Milo_003.jpg

What a little sweetie!! :wub: :wub: I let Albie off the lead on his first walk but I was pretty sure he wouldn't go far and would stay with the other dogs. He left me and went straight up to dad, who was up ahead, and stayed by his feet till it was time to get back in the car! He hasn't changed and still likes to be in the lead. o:)

Practise recall going around the house and then let him off the first time you take him out. He will be a bit unsure of the outside world and will stay near you at first. Keep recalling him and he will get used to staying close to you. Well that's the theory anyway! (w00t)

Good luck whatever you decide! :thumbsup:

Hi vikki

I let monty off quite early on and was terrified that he would run away, but as other people have said he stayed pretty close to begin with. His recall is still not 100% (He is 4 months now)but he s always pretty good about staying nearby. I always give him a nice little treat before letting him off, just so he know s that i have a the good stuff and is more inclined to return - current favourite is a little tiny chunk of pepparami!!

As for injections, we were told one week after final injection, but cheated by a day or two as he was of full of beans.

good luck

Ruth

Back