The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Puppy ID help, please.

Harry12

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just bought this little guy from somebody today as they couldn't look after him.

We've been told he's circa 16 weeks old.

We now have 4 Dogs with this fella.

Can anybody please help ID the breed?

Many thanks.

Attachments

• 20240102_160814.jpg
    20240102_160814.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG-20240102-WA0021.jpg
    IMG-20240102-WA0021.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 28
Worryingly, he looks rather like an XL bully. What did the sellers tell you about his parentage?

That was my thought too - are you in the UK @Harry12 ? If so, Which country?

Hello Judy,

Many thanks for the reply.

We were told that he's a American Bully and is 16 to 18 week old, and this is the information we've received from the owner who bought it from the breeder.

I'm aware there's new laws in place (or imminent) regarding XL Bullies, so if this puppy is one, how do we stand as we plan on visiting the vets for a regular checkup soon.

Many thanks again.

That was my thought too - are you in the UK @Harry12 ? If so, Which country?

Hello Joanne,

We're in England, UK.

We plan on visiting a vet soon for a regular checkup, and was actually told he's an "American Bully" - so fingers crossed, he's not an XL Bullie.

Cheers again for the reply & links, Joanne.

As we only have a Puppy, it's difficult to match most of the characteristics/statistics of an XL Bully on the link to what we have, as the pup isn't adult yet - therefore not fully formed & mature.

I think I'm at the stage where I'm just going to have to hope for the best on our visit to the vets.

I just hope he doesn't get seized.

We certainly have the money to purchase public liability insurance, neutering, exemption certificate, etc'.

I think there are different rules in for pups..giving you longer to neuter etc ...it maybe worth talking to your local dog warden ....
He is gorgeous :D

Back