The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Puppies At Last!

sighthoundlover

Registered
Reaction score
Well today has been a bit of a nightmare. My greyhound was due to give birth last sunday, today i was getting woried as her legs were starting to get swollen and still no sign of pups, so i phoned my vet and he came out. First off scanned her to see if the pups were in distress, yes they were. They should of had 220 heartbeats per minute and they had only 150-180, so something had to be done. She was given an injection of oxytocin to start her off, hour later still no sign, so another injection, still no sign, hour later final injection. Still no sign, so at 3:45 off susie went to have a ceasarian section. Started operating at 4:00. Vets came out at 4:40 and told me my bitch has 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Healthy pups, would have been 13 but one died.

Then susie went downhill and heamoridged. She nearly died, i had to bring one of my lurchers down to give susie blood. All went well. In the meantime i had to bring pups home and give them to my lurcher bitch to look after as she had come into milk. I then had to collect susie at around 7:00 tonight. I have to give her an injection of painkillers tonight and she has to start a course of antibiotics tommorrow. So far my vet bill is £1300!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My vet has to come out on tuesday to check on pups and susie so that will be added on. But i am glad. My bitch and pups are now healthy and thriving.

Just thought i'd all give you something to read.

Glad that mum and pups are ok. :luck: for the future, look forward to pics when she feels a bit better. :thumbsup:

Lovely story other than the £1300, hope the pups and mother continue to thrive and do very well.

Sorry poor Susie had to go through that :( , so glad mum & pups are now well :thumbsup: Hope everything goes smoothly from now on :luck: :luck: Look forward to seeing the photos :thumbsup:

Glad to hear that mom and pups are doing good. Cant wait to see the pics!!! (w00t)

Poor mum :huggles: ....glad she is now doing well...shame you cant get insurance for the £1300

Cant wait to see pics of mum and her new babies :wub:

WOW what a time you've both had, glad to hear all is well :thumbsup: and 12 puppies (w00t) :wub: :wub:

Good luck to them and mum for a speedy recovery :luck: :luck: :luck:

Really glad mum and babies are ok...what a thing to go through...good luck with them all :luck:

what a time youve all had.

nice to hear that mum and pups are fine.

good luck for the future to you all. :cheers:

Thanks for all the great replys evryone. :)) Puppies and mum are all doing well, i think they have grown a little already! :D

Glad to hear Mum is now ok and 12 of the little darling pups :)

Run free Pup 13

Had vet out today to check on all and everything is well. Susie is going to be spayed next week. This is her second and last litter. :))

My gosh sighthoundlover! - where on earth are you going to put another 12!!!! (w00t)

that pile on your kitchen floor nearly touches the ceiling as it is :D

Am glad the dirty dozen and mum are doing well, sounds like it was all alarm bells ringing at your house - thank god for swift intervention.

but

WE SERIOUSLY NEEEEEEED PHOTOS !

there just don't seem to be enough puppies :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: on k9 at the minute :- "

glad she had puppies you are going to have your hands full with 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and what a big bill £1300 :blink: :blink:

:)

Back