The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Post Op zomies

mdkel

Registered
Reaction score
Hey there,

Need some more advice :D
Zappa just got spayed yesterday . He slept the whole night, no signs of pain. Today woke up early, ate very well, drinking, played a little, most of the day he just slept. But now he's beginning to be he's normal self, witch means getting the zoomies and trying to play and run arond the house.
Any suggestions on how to calm him down? I do not own a crate ...

try taking him for walks... or even try mentally tiring him out with sniffing out treats ect...

Yap, that's what we've been doing, he's calmer now :D chewing helps too.

it seems to me he is in little pain, he whines now and then, not much, but does. I'm guessing this is normal?

Do you have a Kong for him? If so fill it with goodies (wet food, veg, yoghurt, a little peanut butter provided it contains no xylitol) and freeze it. It should keep him occupied for a good while, the act of lying licking out a Kong is incompatible with active movement.

Yap, that's what we've been doing, he's calmer now :D chewing helps too.

it seems to me he is in little pain, he whines now and then, not much, but does. I'm guessing this is normal?
yeah but if he cant move go to the vet

I don't think the problem is him not moving - he has the zoomies...

haha well said JoanneF, the little guy moves too much, I think that's why he also has a little bit of pain. He seems he's normal self otherwise, if I let him, he just runs and runs and runs :p

3 days post op. Zappa keeps he's normal self, always playing and trying to run.

We went to the ver yesterday, his "scar" is healing well, no problems. The vet said to let the little guy run and play (no to much, and not with other dogs) so that he won't be depressed and frustrated haha

I think he hates the body suit he's wearing :D

Back