The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Possible Race Venue

Just to let you all know Vicky , Craig Emma and Linda have been over today and it looks like we have the NNWRF champs in may there ....Vicky will fill you all in when she gets home , i think she has taken some photos too

Thank you for taken the time to sort it out today

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back its a cracking venue , the owner very accomadating couldn't do enough

For us . Should be fantastic !

cant wait ;)
Me neither, i'm all excited now :cheers:

Super venue, excellent for people with families, loads for kids (donkey rides, 2 adventure playgrounds, crazy golf etc) & adults to do (fishing, golf, jet ski, canoes, lovely walks - 2 pubs & a gorgeous cafe).

The owner is a lovely fella, very down to earth, very interested in how whippet racing works, asking very reasonable rates for a full wednesday to wednesday stay and has agreed for the track to be fenced off asap for his groundsman to maintain.

Field itself is great, nice flat area for a track that doesn't need much work at all with a running distance of up to 275yds, enabling a good long run off at the end.

Trust me once you get there you won't want to leave!

A huge thanks to Emma for mentioning this venue for whippet racing - that girl did good!!!

Pic's to follow.

well i think that this venue sounds great and the huge track of 275 yards sounds really good

it works out for us around 2 and a half hours thats not including if we get lost haha :lol:

i love it at blackpool and id imagine it will be roughly the same so it shud be good

Just got back its a cracking venue , the owner very accomadating couldn't do enoughFor us . Should be fantastic !
(w00t) (w00t) woow cant wait. about time the commitees had a bit of luck they all have had a hard time,what with the nolimiters/venues :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

it looks fab well done everyone carnt wait we have been working out if we can get there by traine or get family and frends to take us if the van gear boxs dies before then dont want to miss this i am soo excited

There's the possibility of a new venue in Tarleton near Southport.
It's part of a large complex that hosts Car & Steam Rallies / Big Car Boot sales etc with it's own campsite and great facilities, the owner is very keen to have Whippet Racing (in fact he's open to anything that brings people onto the venue) and is very "pro dogs" and feels sure he could accomodate a track just over 200yds.

Some of the facilities:

Set in 300 acres

Fishing Lakes

Bird Watching

Cycle Tracks

Paintballing

Childrens Adventure Playground

Western Frontier Pub – Hot & Cold Food

125 caravan pitches - majority with hookups

Toilets / Showers / Laundry Block & Disabled Facilities

Equestrian Centre

Jet Ski Centre

9 hole golf course

Motorbike, Quad & 4x4 Track

6 miles from Southport Town Cenre (Great for shopping & nice dog friendly beaches at Ainsdale)

As i said the bloke is very eager and wants to meet up but seems pointless if people are unwilling to travel for a big event - postcode for anyone who wants to check traveling distances out PR4 6JX.

And a link to the Web Site HERE

hi guys , tarleton just up the road for me , im thinking of getting back into whippet racing after a break of many years, anyone know where and when they currently race in the north west? appreciate your help.

trevh007@blueyonder.co.uk

A/T MINERS WRC

Astley & Tyldsley miners welfare club

Gin Pit Village

Meanley road

Astley

Manchester

M29 7DW

they are schooling pups Sat 2pm

club racing starts when clocks alter

contact Vicky on here for any further info

welcome back into whippet racing