The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Poppy - My Brother's Dog In Bulgaria

~Sarah~

Registered
Reaction score
My brother and his wife moved to Bulgaria last year. They live about 30 min drive from Borovets, in the middle of nowhere, and have lovely mountain views.

They said they would not have another dog :- " (had a lovely Scruffy years ago). Anyway, they found a puppy scavenging and gave it some food, and it followed them home. These pics were soon after they found her. :( Full of mange/fleas etc.

IMG_9298.jpg

IMG_9328.jpg

IMG_9329.jpg

This is her now - what a difference a few months and some good food has made. I am going to visit them in July, so will look forward to meeting Poppy too. :wub: :huggles: :wub:

IMG_0124.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
what a lovely dog :wub: amazing what a few months tlc can do :wub: :wub:

Oh my, she's beautiful now :wub:

She's a very lucky dog to have found her way to your brother :luck:

FeeFee said:
Oh my, she's beautiful now  :wub:
She's a very lucky dog to have found her way to your brother  :luck:

Yes, she certainly is lucky to have found a good home as there are so many dogs in Bulgaria that just roam and scavenge for food. I think they look quite oddly at my brother and his wife walking about the local town with Poppy on a lead. I don't think that many people there have dogs as pets. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
she is gorgeous :wub: what a difference a little love can make :huggles: :huggles:

What a stunning dog - helped by being a right poser :wub: :wub:

What a lovely story :b She's beautiful :wub:

Emma xxx

~Sarah~ said:
FeeFee said:
Oh my, she's beautiful now  :wub:
She's a very lucky dog to have found her way to your brother  :luck:

Yes, she certainly is lucky to have found a good home as there are so many dogs in Bulgaria that just roam and scavenge for food. I think they look quite oddly at my brother and his wife walking about the local town with Poppy on a lead. I don't think that many people there have dogs as pets. :(

Lets hope they have started a trend :luck:

Great looking girl

I bet they are so happy they took her in.

Wow look at the difference in her :thumbsup:

What a transformation. :huggles: Good on your brother and sister-in-law.

It looks a lovely place to live. I think you have to be very brave to move to a country where you have to learn a foreign language. I bet it's a different pace of life altogether. Please do share some photos with us when you come back from your visit. :)

lucky poppy :huggles: shes gorgeous :wub: :wub: :wub:

Wow what a difference they have made to one dogs life.. :huggles: :thumbsup: that is so lovely to see...she looks such a nice dog too... :wub: :thumbsup:

A waif to a wanted k9. The pictures speak a thousand words :thumbsup:

Back