The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Poor Inca,yet Another Injury

hellybobs

I Love my Girls
Registered
Reaction score
My poor Inca has had yet another injury, yet another general anaesthic (spelling?), a drain and about 15 stitches.

Whilst out walking (well all 15 mins of it!) this morning Dippy bit Inca as she was running past her.

Dippy is confined to lead walking until the end of Jan due to her own injury and is getting rather stressed and worked up cos she can't join in with the fun and running about and I think today was the last staw for her.

I don't blame Dippy in the slightest cos she only wants to play and can't.

I've spoken to Jo (Dorwest herbs) and I'm going to get something to calm Dippy down...thanks Jo. :thumbsup:

I've added a couple of pics of Inca.

PDRM0009_1_.JPG

PDRM0010_1_.JPG

Oh no, poor Inca, that looks really nasty. I hope it heals up quick and she's feeling more comfortable soon. :huggles:

aww poor little mite.............. wishing her a speedy recovery..

hugs for her and dippy :huggles:

and some gentle fuss from saffi x

saffi2.jpg

Oh dear, poor Inca :(

Hope it heals quickly :luck: :luck:

Youch...poor Inca. :( Tose drains always look a bit gruesome (w00t)

Poor baby, I do hope she feels better soon. :( :luck:

When Wills had her amputation it was the drains that looked the worst, they make things look so bad. It was such a relief when she finally got them out.

How long will Inca have them in for?

I've to take her back Wednesday to have it checked.

oh no , poor inca :blink:

best wishes for a speedy recovery :huggles: :luck: :huggles:

Cor! That's some bite, :( what is Dippy .................. a great white shark?? :eek: :teehee:

dessie said:
Cor!  That's some bite,  :( what is Dippy .................. a great white shark??  :eek:   :teehee:

LOL you'd think with the size of it...but no she's a 10 and half month old, whippetxgreyhound.

bless her :huggles: :luck: hope she heals very quickly :wub:

aww, poor girl, sending lots of :huggles: for a speedy recovery

God, poor Inca :huggles: Hope she feels better soon :luck:

Well Inca had a restless night bless her and so did I.

She's had her pain killer this morning and I'm hoping it kicks in soon.

hellybobs said:
Well Inca had a restless night bless her and so did I.
She's had her pain killer this morning and I'm hoping it kicks in soon.

:( ouch, poor Inca. hope she starts to feel better soon. My 2 had a sqabble last month whilst they were running together and poor Bonnie came off worst and had to have stitches in her shoulder. she then was forced to wear a sock on her hind foot to protect the cut from her scratching,plus a t shirt! :lol:

we used arnica tablets and calendula cream to help with the wound recovery.

sending Inca :*

p.s. their stay in the kennels was a great success :thumbsup:

Bless her she'll not leave my side.

I've got her on arnica and will use the cream once the wound has started to heal, its still quite open cos of the drain.

I'm going to see if I can find a t-shirt small enough in my daughters wardrobe for her...

I'm glad their stay in kennels went fine...Davids lovely isn't he.

Poor little inca, hope you feel better soon :huggles: you too dippy. :huggles:

hope inca is feeling more comfy today helen,and i hope dippy is feeling less guilty too :))

She's a bit happier tonight but I think the anaesthic has warn off.

She's been wearing one of Aimee's t-shirts all day but is now sporting a bright pink one of my mums. (w00t)

She's been ever so brave, I cleaned her wound and she didn't compain once.

Inca's forgiven her cos they've been curled up together today and dippy has been giving her lots of little kisses. :wub:

aww thats good news,they do heal quick.

hopefully she will be back to her normal self by next week so she can enjoy her pressies :huggles:

Back