The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Poor Edward

What a lovely little smile he's got! :* Hope the nasty pain went away quickly. My boys screamed the place down when they got done. Unfortunately Max had to have his done three times because it didn't fire! :(

Wicked Mummy!!! :angry: Poor Edward :wub: Thank goodness for chewy sticks :thumbsup:

Edwards lovely :wub: Im sure he'll be over it in no time. :luck:

(w00t) You mean you'd want him back if he got lost? :- " Only kidding :lol:

Poor Ed, doesn't look right bothered by it though :D

That's Elzi's brother by the way if anyone's interested :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
i cant see edward ever going missing :blink: ....leave the safety of the duvet :lol: ....never!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

while im off work this week it was on the long list of things to do ....only cost £10 to do at the local rspca :thumbsup:

The daft woman in the rspca thinks he's a rareity as she's never seen a liver whippet (w00t) :D

Brave lad, everythings forgotten thanks to chewies!

Actually someone posted yesterday on here with piks of a chocolate whippet, should be interesting to see how they look as an adult.

Poor thing,but all cause hes loved. I SAW PIC OF CHOCOLATE WHIPPET TOO.

Bet it will look lovely and shiny,must say i havent seen a pup of that colour before. :))

ooooooooooooh another chocolate one :eek: :eek: (w00t) ...that'll be interesting :thumbsup:

poor ed has taken refuge upstairs under the duvet o:)

Poor thing!! Fletcher never seemed to notice having his done at all. He just sort of stood there saying "yeah, and, what am I on this table for".

My husband pointed out to me recently that you can feel it on his shoulder even though I thought they did it in his neck. Can anyone else feel the chip??

Jenny x

I can feel ed's...but maybe thats because i know where it was done . I would think they'd be pretty easy to feel on a whip because the skins so thin.

aww so handsome and so long suffering :wub: beautiful colour

Interesting. If he were a pedigree Whippet I would say his clour must be the result of a random spontaneous mutation. As he is not, maybe there are some Pharaoh hounds few generations back. :) Do you know his background, the colours of his parents and siblings?

ed's mum(nch hobgoblin) is orange parti, his dad (nch rch stewart)was blue/black parti

His 2 sisters are vicky's ella/taylor maid (blue part) and tonys amber/moonpie (orange parti)

If it was'nt for knowing how he's been bred (generations/generations ago) i would have thought he'd got some dodgy genes (w00t)

Obviously with him being a non ped there's some greyhound in him and supposidly years n years ago they used to put staff in non ped whippet to give them a bit more "get up n go"

obviously ed's got loads of that cos yet again he's under the duvet :p

michelle said:
I can feel ed's...but maybe thats because i know where it was done . I would think they'd be pretty easy to feel on a whip because the skins so thin.
I can feel Wilf's too (and was just about to ask the same question) I can actually see the position it is in and can move it off the shoulder blade into a convenient gap - but it obviously likes it on top of the shoulder blade and a'cos it always ends up back there :- "

michelle said:
ed's mum(nch hobgoblin) is orange parti, his dad (nch rch stewart)was blue/black partiHis 2 sisters are vicky's ella/taylor maid (blue part) and tonys amber/moonpie (orange parti)

If it was'nt for knowing how he's been bred (generations/generations ago) i would have thought he'd got some dodgy genes (w00t)

Obviously with him being a non ped there's some greyhound in him and supposidly years n years ago they used to put staff in non ped whippet to give them a bit more "get up n go"

obviously ed's got loads of that cos yet again he's under the duvet :p

If he did not have brown nose I would just say he is strange shade of fawn. Was his nose always so pale? And what is the pigment in rest of his family?

Seraphina said:
If he did not have brown nose I would just say he is strange shade of fawn.  Was his nose always so pale?  And what is the pigment in rest of his family?
His mother was a fawn particolour with a pale nose and his father was a black and white particolour with a black nose. He has a sister who is a blue particolour with a black nose and another sister who is a fawn particolour with a pale nose. hth

If Edward's nose was originally dark there is a possibility that the depigmantation is caused by one of several ailments and not by the liver gene. There is also a condition called "winter nose" where perfectly normal black nose fades out in winter - nothing to worry about. :)

Seraphina said:
If Edward's nose was originally dark there is a possibility that the depigmantation is caused by one of several ailments and not by the liver gene.  There is also a condition called "winter nose" where perfectly normal black nose fades out in winter - nothing to worry about. :)
He was born with a pale nose as was one of his sisters. He also has pale eye lids and lips (as does his sister and mother). It's inconceivable that it isn't caused by the d alle

Back