The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

PM issue

sue greenwood

Registered
Reaction score
Don't know what your talking about Sue. Its on now anyway and a post that disagreed with you has apparently been removed so please don't make out there is bias against you.

Unblock my pm's then as people are sending me messages and I cant reply. I have always been upfront i dont agree wityh everything you say and my thread was removed i have pm's and emails telling me so. I put this on as i understood this site liked whippet info not to course a load of hoo haa.

You are quite right Sue, it is about information and debate but I don't think they are blocked. We certainly haven't done anything. I'll have a look for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know what your talking about Sue. Its on now anyway and a post that disagreed with you has apparently been removed so please don't make out there is bias against you.

Unblock my pm's then as people are sending me messages and I cant reply. I have always been upfront i dont agree wityh everything you say and my thread was removed i have pm's and emails telling me so. I put this on as i understood this site liked whippet info not to course a load of hoo haa.
Sue - there were others posts appearing on that thread that were against board rules. For the few minutes it took to deal with those your thread was taken down. After the thread had been cleaned up it was put back.

Your PM's have not been blocked - that cannot be done anyway....

Sue - there were others posts appearing on that thread that were against board rules. For the few minutes it took to deal with those your thread was taken down. After the thread had been cleaned up it was put back.

Nigel i cant even send a pm to you

I've just checked Sue and can't see why you shouldn't be able to PM. I have just sent you one and it went through.

email me & we'll sort it out off line
Email me as it says cant send another message till 11.03 and all contacts have block agaist them.I dont have your email

suegreenwood8160@hotmail.com
Ah... right. You're running into the automatic spam filtering. This was put on a few months ago http://www.k9community.co.uk/forums/index....showtopic=59910
How can someone get into my messages and block all my contacts?

If you use the PM facility too much the software believes you are probably using it to spam board members & automatically blocks your further attempts to PM for a number of minutes.

This was an update to the software put on a few months back after automated software was distributed on the Internet to automatically spam every registered member.

LOL annoying isn't it Sue.

I had a stack of pm's to reply to last night. In the end I had to give up as it was so frustrating and I was so tired.

I've send one and then tried to answer one of the ones from last night and yep couldn't do it. Arrragh!

I know Nigel it's there for a very good reason but it ain't arf annoying at times.

I've reduced the default 5 minutes down to 2 minutes. I suspect most IPB installations would not be open to this type of attack now anyway so the children have hopefully gone off to play somewhere else...

Back