The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

piper's pups

This isn't brilliant as she wouldn't stand still. Her ears won't stay stood up like this forever her mum Piper's ear stood up for a while when she was a pup.

PCDV0091.JPG

She is just gorgeous Sue. If she were mine I would show her (I'd wait for her ears to settle of course ;) ) but I think she is lovely. Beautiful shape! :wub: :wub: :wub:

johannabartos said:
Hi Sue and John,Gime has got very succesfull weekend:

On Saturday he won the obstacle race with the best time in his life 22.39 sek (350m)  :cheers:   :thumbsup:

Well done, Johanna and Gime.....he's clever enough to weigh it up and strong enough to deal with it :D ......not ALL racing dogs are one trick ponies 8) :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott Frodsham said:
aslan said:
Would you mind all doing me a favour and take a show-type pose shot of each of them for me? :b Pleeease?
Lana if he stops for a second I'll try! :b

Not being a shower, all you'll probably end up with is a pretty poor side photo, but I'll do my best! :thumbsup:
Lana, as promised. I'll try and get a better one. :b

Gabriel.jpg

Gee these pups are nice! Good strong heads, nice toplines, good turn of stifle, good spring of pastern - the only thing I'd like to see (from a showie's point of view) is a bit deeper chest. But how is that with racing folk? Do you all prefer to see the chest a bit above the elbow rather than down to it? I'm assuming that is the case as a lot of the racing dogs I've seen have their chests above the elbow. The breeder of my first whippet always claimed that a whippet chest should not go all the way down to the elbow. And I also have an excerpt from 'my favourite book' that describes the racing front as so. I often have wondered in this case why this was not written into our show standard. Perhaps I should put this as another topic to get people's opinions? I think I will - don't bother answering me here.... ;)

But a good effort all the same - thanks so much for doing that. He's a lovely boy. :wub:

She's a beautiful whippet which is why all of her children are beauties. :wub: :wub: :wub:

[SIZE=14pt]Barney (Photo Finish) has finished the season 12th in the W.C.R.A. Superstars Dog League.[/SIZE] :D :teehee: :D

I wish someone would wake him up and tell him :wub:

basleep1.jpg

Well done Barney, how did he do in WN Top Ten competition?

AND when you gonna send him down to wessy for a go? :D

As a new member to k9 I'd just like to say what a tremendous site this is. The reason Im adding this post is to say I've just spent the last hour and half on this particular thread (all 42 pages) and it was like reading a book, a good one at that.

The pictures, and watching certian pups grow is absolutely fascinating!

Hopefully in the new year I to wiil be a proud owner of one of these little beauties. ;)

Regards

Tony

Vicky said:
Well done Barney, how did he do in WN Top Ten competition?
AND when you gonna send him down to wessy for a go? :D

Your wish is my command, Vicki (well.........sort of :b )...Barnstubbble was timed at 16.77 secs for the 275yd bends.

Tony S....Thankyou for your comments, our whippets have certainly given us some very high highs and some desperately low lows in the last couple of years, since this thread was started, drama worthy of any novel :eek:

As this is supposed to be a record of the lives and achievements of Pipers' pups I'd better record on here that on Satureday 13th Nov...a few days after his second birthday, Barney (Photo Finish) won the N.W.C.C. Inter Club Competition, to become the Inter Club Champion 2004-2005, and also win the Dent Trophy....The competition consisted of a 16 dog stake, drawn from the 4 English Whippet Coursing Clubs....Barney coursed 5 fenland hares, in the competition (one course declared a no course, unsighted for the first 100yds or so)...the hare in the 5th course fell, Barney turned her into the other finalist, Copesbury Lightly splashed by Moonlake, who swiftly despatched her.....This was, without a doubt his finest hour to date...he showed exceptional speed and stamina (I may be biased :b )

I have thanked the organisers for a great day on another thread, those thanks are repeated here.

Don't forget the other team members, his little brother made it to the quarter finals! :b

[SIZE=14pt]OH! Well Done Barney and Forest![/SIZE]

jumping-smiley-017.gif
jumping-smiley-003.gif
party-smiley-049.gif

Back