The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Pictures

Willamy

Registered
Reaction score
Willie Chester. I was looking up his parentage once, and found out he's a (very, very) distant relative of the Great Gabbo. I suppose that would be on his daddy's side, who came from Calahorra. His name was something like Toffee Apple, or Treacle Toffee, or maybe that was the name of both his dad and his granddad. Anyway, I thought that would be interesting for you to know, though I'm probably wrong. He's a pretty bulky ugmo, but it's hard not to love his antics.

willie_smilesmall.JPG

Also, these. We taught him a load of tricks, and food on the head was one of them.

willie_goofsmall.JPGwillie_foodheadsmall.JPG

Bless!! Fancy calling him an ugmo when he's gazing up at you with those eyes. :wub: :wub:

Lal said:
Bless!!  Fancy calling him an ugmo when he's gazing up at you with those eyes.  :wub:   :wub:
Showmanship in exchange for food, ha ha. He's not normally so cooperative with the camera, and it only just dawned on me to use his Achilles heel. Still, it's hard to hold a camera AND stop a dog as bold as he from thieving his reward right out of your hand.

jinx and rubys mum said:
Great colouringsLove the blue

Hes gorg :wub:

I would say thanks, but I can't take credit for that. I think his breeders' main effort was in the coat of the litter. Of course, the rest of him didn't come out quite to standard. So we got him as a pet. He use to be all blue, and blue eyes, and it was a thrill seeing him change as he grew. His adopted brother was suppose to have the same coat colour, too, but we ended up with black boy instead.

sarahloveland said:
Blimey he is sooo stunning..such a striking boy :wub:
Aw, shucks! Thanks. We take pride in his abnormality. I see you've got some lovely whippies there, in your signature. I wish I could have four, but I can imagine how it would be at dinner time, trying to guard my food. It's wonderful how dogs are such individuals. I can't believe how some people can't see it.

He is extremely handsome and has a very striking colour - adorable :wub: :wub: :wub: still can't get over his colour - gorgeous :wub: :huggles:

Willamy said:
sarahloveland said:
Aw, shucks! Thanks. We take pride in his abnormality. I see you've got some lovely whippies there, in your signature. I wish I could have four, but I can imagine how it would be at dinner time, trying to guard my food. It's wonderful how dogs are such individuals. I can't believe how some people can't see it.

sorry about all the forwards, I havn't got the IT skills yet! Your boy looks a bit like mine. Bertie is 18 weeks old and certainly keeps us on our toes

Willamy said:
Also, these. We taught him a load of tricks, and food on the head was one of them.
Brains as well as looks :D

Loads of character with unusual colouring too! :thumbsup:

Louise Paterson said:
Willamy said:
sarahloveland said:

sorry about all the forwards, I havn't got the IT skills yet! Your boy looks a bit like mine. Bertie is 18 weeks old and certainly keeps us on our toes

Bertie! What a cute name. Do you have any pictures? Mine was the same. Actually, he was a bit of a nightmare when he was young. Dominance issues. But we loved him no less. He's still possessive when it comes to food and the other animals. As you can tell, I'm not too familiar with these boards, either.

jinnyfizz said:
Willamy said:
Brains as well as looks :D

Loads of character with unusual colouring too! :thumbsup:

Aye, he's a pretty calculating fellow. I just wish that he didn't use his powers for evil half the time. Teaching him was a great family activity, for a while. We taught him speak, dance (where he jumps up and down with his paws in the air), shake, sit, lay down, roll over (or 'bang-bang'), stay - which is particularly useful at dinner time - and, of course, the staying with a bit of food on his head until we tell him he can eat it. When Memphis came along, we only really taught him half of the same tricks, but he was a bit dimmer, and we were less patient with him, I think. Plus, it's hard to teach a novice, when a pro is right there, doing all the tricks perfectly and taking the rewards before the other can catch on.

Back