The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Phone Numbers On Collar Tags

madbella

Registered
Reaction score
The collar tag that we want to get is only avaliable in small or large.

The large is obviously too big so we are going for the small.

But we can only get one telephone number engraved on it.

Shall I get a mobile number or our house number.

Hubby says that dog is more likely to escape from the house than be lost out on a walk so home number would be more appropriate.

But if my dog went missing I would want to be out there looking for it. Not at home waiting for the phone to call.

Also Austin will be at my mums during work days so no one will be able to answer the phone.

Please help!

i have my mobile number on gypsy's tag..........as you say your not gonna be sat at home if you have lost them :thumbsup:

Yep,Go for a mobile number :thumbsup:

That's what I thought.

That way if he goes astray when at my mums if someone finds him they can leave a message on my phone and then I can tell them to call my mum.

But would someone call a mobile or would they prefer to call a land line?

I know on for sale adverts people prefer to call a land line.

I would go for the mobile number mate :thumbsup:

Also, I know you have a tag you love, but the one's I have for Bailey and Rocky has on one side, VET and tel number and on the other my surname along with home and mobile number - oh yes its in a shame of a bone!!!! :D

That's what I am also thinking mate.

What do I love more, a nice tag, or the dog!! Hmmm, doesn't take much to work that one out!!

Honestly, the tag with a mobile is just perfect, don't you worry :thumbsup: anyway, no doubt you will get him microchipped so you can have your posh tag :D :D :D

3 days until you get Austin (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

You could put your home number on the tag, and then if the dog was lost put land line calls on transfer to mobile- or leave message on landline with mobile number also 8)

Maggie

we got ours from Austrailian ebay - the are 5.8" perfect for small house collars and we have 2 numbers and house number and post code - took 5 days to arrive

collar tags bottom right

I am impressed with them

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine have TWO tags on....one for mine (with my mobile and home number on) and one for when they are at my parents (with their mobiles and home number on)..... they jingle jangle a lot when they trot but at least I know that I/parents am contactable if they stray :thumbsup: . Plus by keeping two tags on all the time it means that I dont have to remember to change them around when we go home for the weekend......!

Overkill perhaps.... :oops: but worth it for the peace of mind :wub: !

I have land line on mine - I've had the same phone number for at least 12 years, can't say the same for my mobile number :- "

And my house phone is never out of range, in a black spot or out of battery :thumbsup:

but I do want to renew my tags - whenever this thread comes up I always ask for recommendations and I always forget who they are :rant:

Any more pics of Austin yet? Can't wait to follow his progress (w00t)

Tracy

I have my mobile number on my dogs tags. (Vet's number on the other side.)

When you are at home you can still answer your mobile, but when you are out you can't answer your home phone - if you get what I mean. Most mobiles have an answering service set up and people can leave messages there for you. Then you can ring them back no matter where you are.

I got my tags from here; I think they are great and you can get info on both sides;

http://www.identitaguk.com/pettags/pc/viewcategories.asp

Thanks guys.

I have gone for a plan one where I can get writing on both sides, so have home and mobile numbers, and vet number.

Tracy - No more photos yet. We get him home on saturday so expect loads of updates and photos next week.

To be within the letter of the law, and not leave yourself open to prosecution should your not-so-friendly-dog-warden check your dog, you MUST have on the tag the address at which the dog lives. Not very safe really in this day and age, but there you go...... The phone no is not the requirement!

Smiffy@VeronnaV said:
To be within the letter of the law, and not leave yourself open to prosecution should your not-so-friendly-dog-warden check your dog, you MUST have on the tag the address at which the dog lives.  Not very safe really in this day and age, but there you go......  The phone no is not the requirement!
mmm, i dont!!!

mine has phone number and microchipped on one and then i have the petback, med alert tag.........which holds all my details, address, and everything

really dont like the idea of having my address on it! :thumbsup:

Have got postcode and all relavent phone numbers on the tag. :thumbsup:

Back