The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Paul Houghton - A Big Thank You

RedReign

Registered
Reaction score
Dear All, Thank you all for your best wishes and support through this difficult time. Paul is now out of intensive care and is in the High Dependancy Unit still at Barts. Every day he is progressing and the doctors are amazed at how well he is doing but there is still a long way to go. Because he is on a course of 4 intravenous antibiotics every hour, he will have to stay in hospital for approx 4 - 6 weeks to be given the drugs. Hopefully soon, he may be transferred back to Basildon Hospital where they can administer the antibiotics there - also this is where I am due to give birth so hopefully we can be in the same hospital at the same time and Paul will be able to see the baby after she is born. I have told Paul of all the support and best wishes pouring in and he is very touched and probably a bit overwhelmed by it but I am sure that this is another factor helping him make such good progress. Fingers crossed that our soon to be extended family will see you all soon at racing where we can thank you all personally. Thanks once again, Michelle, Rory and Reed xxx.

hi michelle

hope all goes well with the birth and paul's back home with you soon, keep us upto date will be thinking of you both, if you need any help with the dogs just give me a call, all the best to you both, Yvonne and Tony

Was really shocked when I heard of Paul's illness-yesterday at Highgate

Hope he picks up soon-

Best wishes-

Karen/Steve

best wishes to the both of you :luck: i cant imagine how tough things must be right now, but fingers crossed he'll be there with you to meet your daughter. :luck:

let us know how the birth goes, how much she weighs etc! if this is your 1st, you are sooo going to love gas and air :- "

Yep. Thank you all for your best wishes...when you're lying in a hospital bed with tubes and wires everywhere it helps a great deal. Thankfully I'm back home earlier than expected as the hospital has arranged for the district nurses to come in twice a day and administer my antibiotics. All being well the doctors reckon I'll make a full recovery, which from what I've been told by Michelle and those at the hospital when I was first admitted is unbelievable...

Hope to return to racing in the new year, I'm missing it, and poor Rory is going stir crazy...

Thanks Again,

Paul

Oh, and Michelle has now gone one day over... :)

nice to hear u are on the mend paul, hope to see you in the new year fit and well.

Glad you are on the mend

Good luck with the baby :luck:

Hope your back to full health very soon and good luck to both you with the birth :luck: :luck: :luck:

glad to hear your on the mend Paul :)) good luck for you and your family for the future :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: good luck paul hope everything goes well for you and the birth of your new baby girl :luck:

Glad you are feeling much better paul and i hope things will be on the up and up for you.Hope all goes well with the birth for you both :cheers: :luck:

Great news Paul pleased your home and on the mend...good luck with the birth and we want loads of pics of baby when she/he arrives

Glad u r on the mend Paul if u lived nearby i would have offered 2 keep rory ticking over 4 bend championships 4 u.

Geoff :luck: :luck: :luck: :thumbsup:

Good News Paul, hope everything goes well with the new baby :luck:

Best wishes with your recovery Paul and best of luck to Michelle with the birth, I suspect baby was waiting for Dad to come home! Good luck to all of you. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Jac

:thumbsup: well done you, keep up the good work nice to know your back home ready for the nappies and night feeding :D sure you can't wait good luck to you both :luck:

Back