The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Pass The Valium Please...

Lal

Registered
Reaction score
Been looking after a friend's 2 dogs, a lab and a border collie for a few days whilst she is away on a course. Out on our walk this morning I noticed Rifle had his nose glued to the ground and wasn't interested in playing with the girls at all, very unlike him!

Soon found out why, a big dog fox got up out of the rough grass about two feet in front of me (glad I'd been to the loo before I left the house!) and took off with Rifle just about grabbing his brush and a black lab and collie in hot pursuit! :eek: Yelled at Rifle to LEAVE IT and bless him he turned straight back to me. Was having palpitations at the kind of injuries a fox that size could have inflicted but had to chuckle on my way home at my rather motley pack of hounds. :D

The fox would have been more scared than the dogs :sweating:

maggie217 said:
The fox would have been more scared than the dogs :sweating:

Yes it probably would have been, poor little mite :(

Much to my girls disgust i have fitted all their collars with jangly bells & jewellery so that the squirrels/rabbits/foxes & anything else can hear them coming well in advance & beat a hasty retreat :lol:

I cant bear ANY living creature being killed :thumbsup:

Wow that was close. :sweating: How unusual...you must have caught him unawares. (w00t)

We had a litter of fox cubs down our road a year or two back. I'd see them at night running in and out of one of one of the gardens next to our park. Luckily Fred and Stan never really caught sight of them, but they knew they were around and got quite worked up at times :- "

you must have him well trained to call him off in mid-chase.....well done :thumbsup:

poacherspocket said:
you must have him well trained to call him off in mid-chase.....well done :thumbsup:
Why thank you for that, but I'm fairly sure it was a fluke, had it been a bunny he was chasing then I'd have had no chance! :cheers:

Back