The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Padded Jackets For Whippets

dukie

Registered
Reaction score
Our oldie whippet Shaun unfortunately has what is commonly termed "the collywobbles" This consists of him having little co-ordination at times when walking, even though he can still run around the garden and try to mate bitches (w00t) (w00t) , but consequently he falls over from time to time. I'm terrified of him breaking a bone or worse, so I thought if I got him a padded jacket, he could wear it and protect himself when he fell over. However, I did get a super one from our local pet shop, but it's a little large on him, and as usual it is a discontinued line, so no smaller size available :( :(

Does anyone know where I could get something like this in whippet sizes? It's basically like a Puffa quilt style??

Regards,

dukie

I dont know where you'd get a padded one, but mine have one from http://www.jansgifts.co.uk/list.php?type_id=112 DC3W one walking out coat, it is really thick padded as its wooly fleece, on the inside and fleece on the outside, its the thickest coat i have for mine.

It may be useful if you cant find what you are looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, we do quilted jackets, however i wouldn't say they are as thick as a puffa jacket. I haven't put any pictures up on my website yet, but can forward you one if you'd like. :)

Thanks folks, yes Jok, if you wouldn't mind, could you send me a pic??

I'll try and post a pic later of Shaun in the coat we've got, to let you see what type I mean.

dukie

dukie said:
Our oldie whippet Shaun unfortunately has what is commonly termed "the collywobbles" This consists of him having little co-ordination at times when walking, even though he can still run around the garden and try to mate bitches (w00t)   (w00t) , but consequently he falls over from time to time. I'm terrified of him breaking a bone or worse, so I thought if I got him a padded jacket, he could wear it and protect himself when he fell over. However, I did get a super one from our local pet shop, but it's a little large on him, and as usual it is a discontinued line, so no smaller size available :(   :( Does anyone know where I could get something like this in whippet sizes? It's basically like a Puffa quilt style??

Regards,

dukie

Try www.stockleyonline.co.uk They sell dog coats like puffa jackets.Very reasonable and well padded. :thumbsup:

Back