The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Ollie Constipated

nicky12

Registered
Reaction score
hi all well as the title says ollie is constipated hes was trying to go this morning but nothing ...is ther anything i can give him to help him ? :thumbsup:

First of all are you sure he is constipated and not got an upset tummy and is trying to sqeeze more out ?

If he is consispated get some liquid parafin from the chemist :thumbsup:

Millie said:
First of all are you sure he is constipated and not got an upset tummy and is trying to sqeeze more out ?
If he is consispated get some liquid parafin from the chemist  :thumbsup:

i think he is constipated as hes squating trying to go but crying as hes does so :( hes definatley not been this morning and they both go as soon as i let them out in the morning :unsure:

nicky12 said:
Millie said:

i think he is constipated as hes squating trying to go but crying as hes does so :( hes definatley not been this morning and they both go as soon as i let them out in the morning :unsure:

Was he fine yesterday ? If he was then I would try the liquid parafin. It was what the vet used on my old collie when he couldn't go due to an enlarge prostrate. :thumbsup: If that don't work I'd get him to the vet.

Millie said:
nicky12 said:
Millie said:

Was he fine yesterday ? If he was then I would try the liquid parafin. It was what the vet used on my old collie when he couldn't go due to an enlarge prostrate. :thumbsup: If that don't work I'd get him to the vet.

yes he was fine yesterday .i gave them both a bone each yesterday evening .do you think that may have done it ?

nicky12 said:
Millie said:
nicky12 said:
Millie said:

yes he was fine yesterday .i gave them both a bone each yesterday evening .do you think that may have done it ?
Oh yes ! Some bones are great for bunging up the system. Poor boy will be so releaved to go .......... bless him !

Does Ollie usually chew the bones well? He didn't swallow it semi whole did he?

Millie said:
nicky12 said:
Millie said:
nicky12 said:
Millie said:

Oh yes ! Some bones are great for bunging up the system. Poor boy will be so releaved to go .......... bless him !

ok i will go get sum of that liquid parafin in a while will see if he can go naturaly first but if hes cant then will try it if hes still doeant go then i will take him vets just to be on safe side thanks for your help :thumbsup:

sasha66 said:
Does Ollie usually chew the bones well? He didn't swallow it semi whole did he?
nope i always supervise wen they have bones so i know he didnt swallow it semi whole :thumbsup:

i stopped giving mine bones for the same reason,they use to have to really strain to go.

hope ollies sorted soon nicky :thumbsup:

Good luck Ollie, hope hes 'going naturally' soon :) :luck:

Poor Ollie- definitely sounds like the bone!!

It is best to make sure not to give them toooo much bone - If I get some big bones I only let them have a bit otherwise it does bung them up (w00t) Everything in moderation!!!

:D panic over hes just gone now 5mins ago :sweating: thanks for all the advice it was gratfully recieved and thanks for to alfyn for the pm i shall keep it in my pm box for future use :x :lol:

nicky12 said:
:D panic over hes just gone now 5mins ago  :sweating: thanks for all the advice it was gratfully recieved and thanks for to alfyn for the pm i shall keep it in my pm box for future  use  :x   :lol:
AWW THATS GREAT..WHAT WEIGHT WAS IT....? BET YER DEAD PROUD :wub:

J :clown: HN

stormydog said:
nicky12 said:
:D panic over hes just gone now 5mins ago  :sweating: thanks for all the advice it was gratfully recieved and thanks for to alfyn for the pm i shall keep it in my pm box for future  use  :x   :lol:

shut it you... i cant help being a worrying mum :p :D

nicky12 said:
stormydog said:
nicky12 said:

shut it you... i cant help being a worrying mum :p :D
FLOWERS ON THE WAY......BROWN ONES TOO :eek: :x

Back