The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Oldest Whippet ?

Miley

Registered
Reaction score
:clown what age do whippets reach ? any idear on the age record as i know that i have heard of 15 years.

my mum, owned a blue whippet which had to be put to sleep atthe age of 23.

She was the oldest pedigree dog in the uk at the time around 1968 ish

dolly said:
my mum, owned a blue whippet which had to be put to sleep atthe age of 23.
She was the oldest pedigree dog in the uk at the time around 1968 ish

23 is a wonderful age i would be amazed if anyone could top that

my whippet just saw his 14th birthday when we had to have him put to sleep unfortunately.

julieleigh said:
my whippet just saw his 14th birthday when we had to have him put to sleep unfortunately.

We lost a 14 yo last year. Oldest I know of was 25 she was owned by Maria Goodman the sloughi & other sighthounds person. Her name was Morgan & she was one of the last Dondelayo's. She sadly outlived her breeder by many years dying in about 1999-2000.

julieleigh said:

We lost a 14 yo last year. Oldest I know of was 25 she was owned by Maria Goodman the sloughi & other sighthounds person. Her name was Morgan & she was one of the last Dondelayo's. She sadly outlived her breeder by many years dying in about 1999-2000.

:wub: i am so sorry for you all who have lost a whippy. it seems that they can reach quite an age but 14 seems to be the most common .

MY MUM AND DADS LAST DOG WAS 3 MONTHS AWAY FROM HER 20TH BIRTHDAY

A BLUE BRINDLE CALLED TRUDY :wub:

RACING NAME CHLOES KAYLEIGH :wub:

Back