The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Older Whippet Wanted

fatwhippet

Registered
Reaction score

HI, I AM LOOKING FOR AN OLDER WHIPPET BITCH TO KEEP MY 9 YR OLD WHIPPET X COMPANY. NOT BOTHERED ABOUT COLOUR, BREEDING, SHOWING ETC AS LONG AS SHE IS GOOD WITH OTHER DOGS AND DOG FRIENDLY KIDS. I DONT MIND TRAVELLING AND LIVE IN THE MIDLANDS.

PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY DOG A FRIEND !!!! :)

The whippet on that link was re-homed via ad in paper.

However I'm pretty sure there are some whippety types looking for homes on here www.lurcher.org in 'Homes Wanted'.

Very best wishes & hope you find a new friend soon.

hi,

thanks for all your help, i have sent a message about Jess and Grace on lurcher.org although Grace may be a tad too big as she is a greyhound (im sure i could get her in my fiesta some how :blink: ) i've also had some one mention a 8 yr old whippet bitch that may need a home so fingers crossed for one of them to be the right dog. :))

fatwhippet said:
hi,
thanks for all your help, i have sent a message about Jess and Grace on lurcher.org although Grace may be a tad too big as she is a greyhound (im sure i could get her in my fiesta some how  :blink: ) i've also had some one mention a 8 yr old whippet bitch that may need a home so fingers crossed for one of them to be the right dog.  :))

I really wouldn't worry about size if grace is the one for you - i can fit our greyhound AND Digit the massive whippet in the back of my micra!

Trouble is i've also got to fit in two kids, a pushchair and other junk that goes with kids AND the OH. :blink: still, i suppose i could make him walk :D

I would make my kids walk (teenagers :angry: ) but remember what it's like carrying around all that baby clobber - all the same whippets/greyhounds curl up pretty small :)

Here is another nearly a whippet (not much larger it says)

http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=106996

Best of luck and do let us know who you end up with :)

The 8 yr old sounds promising :) - the oldies often get overlooked altho 8 is hardly old in my book.

hi, thanks for that, i will send an enquiry about Maple although the write up says she may not be suitable for young kids as she is boisterious and my kids are only 4 and 1 yrs old although both are very dog friendly !! :))

fatwhippet said:
hi, thanks for that, i will send an enquiry about Maple although the write up says she may not be suitable for young kids as she is boisterious and my kids are only 4 and 1 yrs old although both are very dog friendly !!  :))
Yes I posted after i read the bit about the push chair, but was talking to one of the helpers from the Rescue on Monday at the Perry Barr show and she said she was a lovely dog, worth asking whether boisterous just mean barky or barky and jumpy, I think loud would be ok but jumpy a little unsuitable anyway hope it goes ok if not I hope you find your perfect older pup soon

Let me know

:D

hi everyone, 8)

have had someone ask me if i would consider a boy whippet as a friend for Pops. initialy i said no because my moms lurcher can be a bit funny with other males, but having had a chat with mom she thinks that he has mellowed in his old age and probably wouldnt find a whippet size dog a threat anyway. so we would now consider a boyfriend :wub: for Pops if anyone hears of one needind a good home..

Nicola :))

Loopy said:
I would make my kids walk (teenagers :angry: ) but remember what it's like carrying around all that baby clobber - all the same whippets/greyhounds curl up pretty small :)
Here is another nearly a whippet (not much larger it says)

http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=106996

Best of luck and do let us know who you end up with :)

The 8 yr old sounds promising  :) - the oldies often get overlooked altho 8 is hardly old in my book.

the two year old Purdy in the above link is very attractive! look past the plain fawn to her beautiful figure. They say she's gentle, but she's good at escaping ...

see

http://www.lurcher.org/llink/forum/viewfor...ba31d976dd9586e for more

perhaps even a quiet 2 year old would be too lively for your other dog

you could try adding your request to the racing (ped and non-ped) sections

Happily, it does seem that most people do keep their retired racing whippets as pets. However, it is quite possible you would find someone with a ~ 6 yr old bitch (retired from racing and breeding) that they would be happy to send on to a good home

Please keep an eye on The Oldies Club website, as well Oldies Club

We have lots of older greyhounds and lurchers looking for homes, and this lovely pair of whippet crosses who have been overlooked for far too long (but I guess two dogs would definitely mean your husband has to walk!) Zara and Star

Maddy My Big Fat Ginger Baby :wub: :huggles: :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back