The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

NWA OPEN SHOW

dessie

Registered
Reaction score
Best Dog:   Candler's MAIDENBOWER KITTIWAKE  (RBIS/BOS)

RBD:          Reardon's RARELYRICH RHYME OR REASON

Best Bitch:  Cooper's JANELYN SILVATEC SATIN   (BIS)

RBB:           Spencer's CHELRIDGE CATHARINA

BPIS:         Van Raalte's SUCHINI SYLAS

RBPIS:        Harding's COPSEBURY CRY ME A RIVER

BVIS:         Skelley's MARTINSELL BLUE VIOLA

There are regular moans about the same folk awarding CC's year on year. One requirement for prospective new CC awarding judges is that they must have judged a breed club show. There have been several appointments in recent years of Ch show judges being asked to do, and accepting, breed club Open show appointments.

I have absolutely no quarrel with Sue Baird, who is one of the 'stalwarts' of the breed ie this is nothing to do with personalities.

I can see an argument for Ch show judges judging at Open shows 'to keep their eye in' but do not accept this as a valid argument, particularly in this case where Sue gave CC's only last year (2001).

How can the relevant committees justify using these Judges?

Maybe they are thinking it will increase the show entries and thus the coffers of the club in question.

Anyone else have any comments??

Kathryn? as you did rather well under Sue last year! :D   :D

I must admit - that I intend to agree with your comments Dawn, I truly do believe that in a breed numerically large such as ours that there is no reason why the same people should be asked to judge on so frequent a basis.

I can not believe however, that this can have a positive reflection on the shows entries - having judged last in 2001 and the same dogs being on the 'circuit' - people tend to reflect on their last judging appointment in order to determine whether or not to submit an entry!

It is in the breeds interest to ensure that there is an upward trend of future judges qualified to award Challenge Certificates - however - to be asked to judge a breed club open show is to be considered an honour as much as it is an important stepping stone in a person's judging 'career'.

Kat.

Back