The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Npwra

I note that you have stated that the passport system is the route by which entries are deemed acceptable so I pose the following:-
Who, in the WCRA gave you permission to use their passport system - bearing in mind that the passport remains the property of the WCRA? Petty and small minded ? Not a bit of it, it is important. The passport remains the property of the WCRA!

For using this particular passport system must mean that ALL dogs who are holders of said passport, and have thus been considered, investigated and validated by the WCRA/WC as being pedigree whippets may race at your meeting.

You cannot have the penny and the bun.
Whippets with valid passports can enter, the entry form states "We reserve the right to refuse entry". As far as I am aware, none have been refused :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I note that you have stated that the passport system is the route by which entries are deemed acceptable so I pose the following:-
Who, in the WCRA gave you permission to use their passport system - bearing in mind that the passport remains the property of the WCRA? Petty and small minded ? Not a bit of it, it is important. The passport remains the property of the WCRA!

For using this particular passport system must mean that ALL dogs who are holders of said passport, and have thus been considered, investigated and validated by the WCRA/WC as being pedigree whippets may race at your meeting.

There's no problem, I wouldn't worry yourself about it Carmel. Nobody is going to steal the WCRA's passports and nobody is going to deface them.

The NPWRA are not running under WCRA rules and reserve the right to refuse entry.

A foreign bank will ask for proof of identity (such as a British passport) before they will allow you to open an account. They don't own the passports and they didn't issue them. Neither do they have to comply with British laws.

There's no problem, I wouldn't worry yourself about it Carmel. Nobody is going to steal the WCRA's passports and nobody is going to deface them.

The NPWRA are not running under WCRA rules and reserve the right to refuse entry.

A foreign bank will ask for proof of identity (such as a British passport) before they will allow you to open an account. They don't own the passports and they didn't issue them. Neither do they have to comply with British laws.
I have been asked if you need a valid passport to enter the NPWRA championships. I assume you dont as the meeting is not run under WRCA rules (!).

So if someone has a dog without a passport - but a dog that has cleared at it's home club and indeed has raced at an Open this year, will that dog be eligible?

WCRA passports have not been asked for. If they are not known to us when they enter then they will need some form of identification. If they don't have anything and as we have only been going for 3 weeks and we are not yet issuing passports, send them to me and I will check them out.

Will there be Veterans at Old Hall????

well yes or no???
It's yet to be decided Dan. There won't be more than 2 Veteran National Championships per year, and there are Veterans this weekend and at the next Nationals at Weyhill. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't consider veteran racing for top ten points at Old Hall. There are things to be considered such as daylight hours, I'm not sure if the clocks have gone back then???? If so it will get dark earlier. As much as possible people will be consulted on these matters, and there may be a chance to vote this coming weekend. The problem we have is that everything is moving so quickly - there are lots of good ideas coming forward from the racers, and we would like to try as many of them as are possible. See you soon x

i think it would be a good idea this year to have vets racing at old hall as well ;) its not been a normal year for many so why change that patten now (w00t)

Back