The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Npwra

BeeJay

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all

Just to let you know that the 2nd National Championships will be held on October 4th and they will take place at Weyhill and will be a 150 yard straight with veteran racing.

The 3rd National Championships will be held at Old Hall on 25th October which will also be a straight, the distance which has yet to be decided.

Despite our not putting on a bend this year we are committed to putting on a bend if our members so wish. We already have one ground available to us for a bend next year we just couldn't use it so late in the season. We have only been up and running less than 3 weeks, but we've got the backing of so many very experienced and committed racers and the help and support that has been made available to us has been at times over whelming. I kid you not there have been times that your kindness and support has brought me to tears.

How much you have all affected me is summed up in one statement. You have all simply rendered me speechless.

Ah well enough of such mushyness. Onwards, upwards and even sideways. Part of me can't wait till next Sunday but the rest of me might have to sit on the loo all day.

don't think we'll be at the 2nd 1 Wehill is a bit to far for us, i'd hoped theyed all be central.

well thats great news that the NPWRA has found places to finish off the 1st nationals season.i agree with mark as im from the south i shall probally attend Andover and might miss old hall purely because of distance.maybe during the winter break when the NPWRA have there AGM we might come up with a neutral track for the racers. Keep that spirit high you NPWRA racers :cheers:

NATIONALS TILL I DIE!!!

thanks for the update Barbara ;)

but YOU SPEECHLESS (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) il bet Alan loves it :lol: :lol: :lol:

in such a short space of time you have all worked wonders :thumbsup:

i think the NPWRA hope to have their own ground for next season, but we have to make do with what we can this year :thumbsup: it will be worth it in the end i have every faith in that ;)

Will there be Veterans at Old Hall????

ill be at them all, looking forward too next years fingers cross for bend racing

not following the split in any great detail

can clubs be members of both ped. whippet associations?

are passports issued by one assocation recognised by the other?

not following the split in any great detailcan clubs be members of both ped. whippet associations?

are passports issued by one assocation recognised by the other?
With the NPWRA, the people will be members, and clubs may also have an associate membership. More details will come when they have been finalised, and also more will be published about the passport system As Barbara says we have only been up and running for 3 weeks, and you would not believe the amount of work people have put in, and the amount of support we have had for the new organisation. It would seem that people are more keen to be involved in a racing association where the members will get to say how the sport is run.

Sorry Mark that Weyhill is too far for you. We have been trying to get a more central venue, and you Northerners and Scots haven't been forgotten - its just that at short notice we have had to have what is available for this year. Next year all four meetings will be more central :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are the dates of npwra meetings clashing with wcra championships ... surely there is room for more than one organisation ! it seems you trying to encourage a split in pedgriee whippet racing by clashing the meetings.

Sorry Mark that Weyhill is too far for you. We have been trying to get a more central venue, and you Northerners and Scots haven't been forgotten - its just that at short notice we have had to have what is available for this year. Next year all four meetings will be more central
Thanks June I know theres always 1 moaner LOL :b

it's a shame for this year they couldn't all have been held at the Indi I know some would shout "HOME TRACK ADVANTAGE" but the indi is pretty Central?.

Sorry Mark that Weyhill is too far for you. We have been trying to get a more central venue, and you Northerners and Scots haven't been forgotten - its just that at short notice we have had to have what is available for this year. Next year all four meetings will be more central

it's a shame for this year they couldn't all have been held at the Indi I know some would shout "HOME TRACK ADVANTAGE" but the indi is pretty Central?.
or Glouc :thumbsup:

or Glouc :thumbsup:
yep or Glous but a bend would be nice .

Why are the dates of npwra meetings clashing with wcra championships ... surely there is room for more than one organisation ! it seems you trying to encourage a split in pedgriee whippet racing by clashing the meetings.
The NPWRA was formed after the Oxford open on 5th July 2009. After that open the WCRA committee held a meeting to decide if they were going to go ahead with the championship meeting on 2nd August. They decided that they would cancel these championships. So the NPWRA was formed by a group of racers who were exasperated by the prospect of losing another championship meeting. We decided to go with same dates the WCRA had previously scheduled as these appeared to be free now. Two or three days later the WCRA changed their minds again and said their championship meeting was back on. The NPWRA has decided to stick with the dates we have announced, and we can assure everyone we won't be changing our minds or canceling any of these dates.

I note that you have stated that the passport system is the route by which entries are deemed acceptable so I pose the following:-

Who, in the WCRA gave you permission to use their passport system - bearing in mind that the passport remains the property of the WCRA? Petty and small minded ? Not a bit of it, it is important. The passport remains the property of the WCRA!

For using this particular passport system must mean that ALL dogs who are holders of said passport, and have thus been considered, investigated and validated by the WCRA/WC as being pedigree whippets may race at your meeting.

You cannot have the penny and the bun.

I note that you have stated that the passport system is the route by which entries are deemed acceptable so I pose the following:-
Who, in the WCRA gave you permission to use their passport system - bearing in mind that the passport remains the property of the WCRA? Petty and small minded ? Not a bit of it, it is important. The passport remains the property of the WCRA!

For using this particular passport system must mean that ALL dogs who are holders of said passport, and have thus been considered, investigated and validated by the WCRA/WC as being pedigree whippets may race at your meeting.

You cannot have the penny and the bun.
imo my passports are mine, i have paid for them and i have paid for the pictures of my dogs inside the passport and any write ups on the back of the passports refer to my dogs...again imo the cover of the passport is property of the wcra as it has their logo on it....as the NPWRA have only been up and running for around 3/4 weeks i think what they have achieved in this time is nothing short of brilliant :sweating: :thumbsup: , i wish people would accept this break away(i think MOST RACERS have), we are all happy with it so and it would seem the wcra are happy with it also, so why do people like yourself feel the need to continually stir the pot! -_-

lets all just get on and enjoy our racing....after all thats what the last 18months has been about :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back