The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Not A Good Morning....

sue marsden

Registered
Reaction score
Went for a walk with Misty this morning, and she decided to run off, over the hills and far away....... :blink: She came back a different colour and then i noticed that she was keeping one eye shut.

Got her home , gave her a bath and then noticed that the eye was not right. Rushed down to the vets, she tells me she has something stuck in her eye ball :(

Misty is now on the operating table as we speak.....i've cried buckets.......i'm waiting for the vets to phone...let you know. :sweating:

:( aww god poor baby thinking of you :huggles: let us know how shes doing later :luck: :huggles:

oh what a shock and worry for you,the waiting is the worst but im sure shes in good hands and they will do their best for her.

she will be home in no time for lots of tlc ,sending her a big gentle :huggles: from me and my lot :)

positive thoughts for your girl :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Sending lots of positive thoughts and :huggles: for your girl

:( Oh dear! :luck: Hope she is ok :luck: :huggles: Such a worrying time for you.

Sending lots of positive vibes :luck:

How's she doing poor little thing :(

AnnSa said:
How's she doing poor little thing  :(
She's back home now :huggles: thank goodness the vet was able to remove the thorn, it was only small, but her eye looked awful. If the vet couldn't have got it out i would have had to be referred to a place in Newmarket. So i was relieved.

She is now feeling very sorry for herself, wrapped up in her blanket next to me on the sofa :wub:

She's got to go back to the vets tomorrow, so hopefully we'll be given the all clear...I've got a mountain of pills and eyedrops to give her for the next week :wacko: and my pocket is £300 lighter :blink: thank goodness for insurance.

Shall keep you all posted on her recovery.

Best of Luck for Misty's recovery :huggles:

Been to the Vets myself today too (I drove woo-hoo) but it only cost us £35 :sweating: . Blaze looks like Santa's Little Helper, a red bootie bandage with a white fluffy top :wub: .

P.S Blaze is now sulking because she's not allowed on the sofa with me after her "ordeal". (Poor mite screamed for about 5 minutes when she had an anti-biotic jab)

Last edited by a moderator:
What an awful ordeal for you both,I am glad that the vet was able to retrieve the thorn and I hope that Misty makes a full and speedy recovery. :huggles:

sue marsden said:
AnnSa said:
How's she doing poor little thing  :(
She's back home now :huggles: thank goodness the vet was able to remove the thorn, it was only small, but her eye looked awful. If the vet couldn't have got it out i would have had to be referred to a place in Newmarket. So i was relieved.

She is now feeling very sorry for herself, wrapped up in her blanket next to me on the sofa :wub:

She's got to go back to the vets tomorrow, so hopefully we'll be given the all clear...I've got a mountain of pills and eyedrops to give her for the next week :wacko: and my pocket is £300 lighter :blink: thank goodness for insurance.

Shall keep you all posted on her recovery.

Years ago, one of my whippets had a thorn in her eye and had it removed - all the fluid ran out of her eye and it collapsed - the vet stitched her 3rd eyelid across her eye, and we hoped that the fluid would build up again :sweating: - it did and she was fine :teehee: Very worrying time though.

Hope Misty is soon feeling better - :luck: best of luck with her

How worrying for you and awful for Misty. I hope she's feeling better today xx :huggles:

Gosh, that sounds really awful. I hope it all goes well at the vets. Lots of :luck:

Vicky

x

OMG!! What a shock for you!! poor little Misty, im glad she is home now and the

vet has managed to remove the thorn oh, that does sound painful

Hopefullly she is over the worst :thumbsup:

:huggles: :huggles: for Misty :huggles:

Been to the vets several times over the last few days.....there is no sign of infection :sweating: but her pupil is still really big , the vet says it will take time...i have to go back on wednesday, so i'll keep you posted.

The vet did say the thorn was very deep in the eye :x

and shes doing well concidering what shes been through, I'm just a mess with worry :(

Back