SUNDAY 17th FEBRUARY 2008 at

WESTHOUGHTON GREYHOUND STADIUM

5 MARSH BROOK FOLD

WIGAN ROAD

WESTHOUGHTON

LANCASHIRE

BL5 2DH

** NORTH WEST BEND BONANZA **

** 435yd OPEN SCRATCH RACE with added prize money ** entry fee £10 per dog (open to all)

B.W.R.A. N/W BEND BONANZA

ADULTS (275yds)

dogs / bitches sep in 3 classes upto 20lb / 26lb / 32lb (1st / 2nd in hts and finals to make 4 dog sup final)

_________

YEARLINGS (12 to 18mths) 275 yds)

All in 3 classes upto 20 / 26 / 32 (1st / 2nd through to make 3 dog sup final)

VETERANS (275 yds)

All in 4 classes upto 20lb / 24lb / 28lb / 32lb ( 1st / 2nd through to make 4 dog sup final )

SCRATCH (275 yds )

upto 36lb / 40lb / NO LIMIT (1st / 2nd through to finals ) 3 final winners to run off foe sup

WHIPPET NEWS FASTEST TIME TROPHY (for fastest time on day over 275 yds )

* *** BWRA CARDS TO BE SHOWN 2007 ACCEPTED ****

PEDIGREES (275yds )

All in 3 classes upto 22lb / 29lb / 36lb (1st / 2nd through to make 3 dog sup final )

LURCHERS (275 yds )

* STORM MEMORIAL *

in 2 classes under 23" and over 23" ( 1st / 2nd through to make 4 dog sup final

TERRIERS (100yds ) all in

ENTRY FEES £5 PER DOG includes entry into consolation

ENTRY FEES TERRIERS £3 PER DOG

CONSOLATION FOR DOGS KNOCKED OUT IN FIRST ROUND ( all sections )

enquiries :- Linda Broom 07764219147 or pm

Oh Christ I've just seen the terriers mentioned! (w00t) I forgot! :oops:

Mum'll be walking the legs off Razzle the minute she see's this - not that it'd take much walking mind! :- "

Anyone remember the spaniels running?! :lol:

wild whippies said:
Oh Christ I've just seen the terriers mentioned! (w00t) I forgot! :oops: Mum'll be walking the legs off Razzle the minute she see's this - not that it'd take much walking mind! :- "

do you remember BAILEY last year she heard someone shout her name and ran to the crowd :huggles:

Yeah! lol!

I think next year you should put an endurance race on after seeing this lurcher last night - 2 laps and not even a lure going round!! (w00t)

madforit.jpg

I think it'd still be running now only for the owner picking it up! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
jasper. said:
is there a yearling sc.
I don't think there is Jasper, but I would check it out with Vicky, if not it looks like we're in with the big boys and girls (w00t)

Hi,

A daft question I'm sure...

I have a couple of Whippets (well three actually, but one is only 7mths old) and we would like to have a go at racing - just for fun. Is this a suitable event, or is this for experienced and pedigree whippets only (I don't have any papers or anything as they are both rescue).

As you can tell, we are totally novice and not sure of where to start!

I've attached a pic of them as I know people on here like looking at pics - as do I :))

Poppy_and_friends_003a.jpg

jayneymitch said:
Hi,

I have a couple of Whippets (well three actually, but one is only 7mths old) and we would like to have a go at racing - just for fun.  Is this a suitable event, or is this for experienced and pedigree whippets only (I don't have any papers or anything as they are both rescue).

I've attached a pic of them as I know people on here like looking at pics - as do I  :))

By all means come along. :)

You might be better coming along on a Thursday night if you dogs haven't run on a bend track before. Most need a few attempts to get the hang of it and there will be more time on the Thursday night club meets.

We run every Thursday night ( except the 7th Feb since we're running on Saturday that week) until mid March.

HTH

Tony

milly said:
jasper. said:
is there a yearling sc.
I don't think there is Jasper, but I would check it out with Vicky, if not it looks like we're in with the big boys and girls (w00t)

We had it in the past but Angel of the north never brought the trophy back.That was in 2006,last year they went in with the adults, best thing to do is ask linda :cheers:

jayneymitch said:
Hi,

I have a couple of Whippets (well three actually, but one is only 7mths old) and we would like to have a go at racing - just for fun.  Is this a suitable event, or is this for experienced and pedigree whippets only (I don't have any papers or anything as they are both rescue).

I've attached a pic of them as I know people on here like looking at pics - as do I  :))

Try to get yourself to Westhoughton Thursday31st of January then you can put your dogs round / see if they will go round and what sort of time they do---

plenty of people there to advise and help you --all very friendly/helpful to new racers i might add

the more the merrier ----

steve

Karen-Coral said:
jayneymitch said:
Hi,

Try to get yourself to Westhoughton Thursday31st of January then you can put your dogs round / see if they will go round and what sort of time they do---

plenty of people there to advise and help you --all very friendly/helpful to new racers i might add

the more the merrier ----

steve

Thanks for the replies, unfortunately we can't make 31st Jan as my husband is working, but we will probably come along next time the meet happens on a Thursday if we can make it :thumbsup:

weathergirls said:
SUNDAY 17th FEBRUARY 2008 at
WESTHOUGHTON GREYHOUND STADIUM

5 MARSH BROOK FOLD

WIGAN ROAD

WESTHOUGHTON

LANCASHIRE

BL5 2DH

** NORTH WEST BEND BONANZA **

** 435yd OPEN SCRATCH RACE  with added prize money **    entry fee £10 per dog (open to all)

B.W.R.A. N/W BEND BONANZA

ADULTS (275yds)

dogs / bitches sep in 3 classes upto 20lb / 26lb / 32lb (1st / 2nd in hts and  finals to make 4 dog sup final)

_________

YEARLINGS (12 to 18mths) 275 yds)

All in 3 classes upto 20 / 26 / 32 (1st / 2nd through to make 3 dog sup final)

VETERANS (275 yds)

All in 4 classes upto 20lb / 24lb / 28lb / 32lb ( 1st / 2nd through to make 4 dog sup final )

SCRATCH (275 yds )

upto 36lb / 40lb / NO LIMIT (1st / 2nd through to finals )  3 final winners to run off for sup

YEARLING  and VETERAN SCRATCH  36 / 40 / NO LIMIT (same format)

WHIPPET NEWS FASTEST TIME TROPHY  (for fastest time on day over 275 yds )

* *** BWRA CARDS TO BE SHOWN 2007 ACCEPTED ****

PEDIGREES (275yds )

All in 3 classes  upto 22lb / 29lb / 36lb (1st / 2nd through to make 3 dog sup final )

LURCHERS (275 yds )

* STORM MEMORIAL *

in 2 classes under 23" and over 23" ( 1st / 2nd through to make 4 dog sup final

TERRIERS  (100yds ) all in 

ENTRY FEES £5 PER DOG includes entry into consolation

ENTRY FEES TERRIERS £3 PER DOG

CONSOLATION FOR DOGS KNOCKED OUT IN FIRST ROUND ( all sections )

enquiries :-   Linda Broom  07764219147  or pm

There is yearling and veteran scratch just up dated the post sorry I missed it off but it is in WN ad

jayneymitch said:
Hi,

You are more than welcome to come along however dogs under 12 months are not allowed to take part in bend racing

wild whippies said:
Oh Christ I've just seen the terriers mentioned! (w00t) I forgot! :oops: Mum'll be walking the legs off Razzle the minute she see's this - not that it'd take much walking mind! :- "

shes already in training. :- " :lol:

here she is with her personal trainer Dobby. ;)

come on Razzle keep up!

phpbjGP5xAM.jpg

kris said:
wild whippies said:

come on Razzle keep up!

kris where are razzles legs....? stuck in the mud :D

jasper. said:
is there a yearling sc.

Only if the yearling is registered !!!!RULES RULES RULES ----

Oh Maurice will we ever let you forget????NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

steve the pie

stormydog said:
kris said:
wild whippies said:

come on Razzle keep up!

kris where are razzles legs....? stuck in the mud :D

no they shrunk in all that sea water! :p

Back