The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

No Season

xEmiliex

Registered
Reaction score
my whippet is now 22 months and never had a season or shown any signs of having a season infact her girl bits are very small

i have a cross whippet bitch of 8 who has been done but her bits are much bigger than lily my whippet anyone came across this? what do you think is the best course of treatment?

sorry no adavise regarding her not coming into season ,but my tia had very small bits untill she came into season ,when her season was over it never went back that small ,soz prob not much help :)

Be thankful its nothing but trouble once they do come in season!!!

They always come in season when you dont want them to!!!

Not sure what time they should have had a season by all different just like humans

If you are bothered ask your vet for advice :thumbsup:

Unless you are hoping to breed its not a problem though is it?

lily has alot of problems i'm just thinking they might be linked to hormones thats all

If you think its more complicated then talk to your vet coz only they know the ins and outs of your dogs condition.

Good luck :luck:

lol i doubt it no one has been able to so far

she has separation anxiety she hates being left i'm not sure how to explain it if shes leave she will try and get out of where she is she will chew and scratch we went out saturday when we came home she had gone a toilet on the floor chewed up items and was bleeding from cuts she had caused herself trying to get out

she is normaly house trained but will go a toilet if left her main problem is the separation anxiety i cant even pop to the shop shes very hard work its not just if shes left indoors today i had the plumer out she gets very excited to see people and we jump all over them and takes ages to calm down i put her in the bedroom she was in the 5 mins and chewed and went a toilet on the floor she ripped to bits a £30 tiger teddy and a huge ball she just ripped a huge chuck out its only a week old

at my mums if shes in the kitchen and we shut the gate she will rip up anything she can find

Put a separate post on about separation anxiety there are lots of people that have experienced this

But the one thing that normally helps is a cage with all her favourite toys and a bed they dont normaly soil their own bed.

Cover it over to make them feel safe and use it all the time to sleep during the day and they get used to it.

Do a new post and you will get lots of advice that should help. :thumbsup:

One of my bitches did not come in season until week from her 2nd birthday and her bits were also tiny. I was concerned she may have some hormonal problems and did not mate her until her 3rd season, then worried myself silly the whole 9 weeks. She spat her 7 huge pups in just under 3 hours, did not even push very much, just lifted her tail and puppy came sailing out :lol: . I have heard about Whippet bitches coming in season for the first time at 2.5 years. No need to worry :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 3 whippet bitches of diffrent ages and none of them came in before 2.5 years of age. I also have greyhounds and have never seen one of my girls come into season before 3 years of age. :) i wouldn't be worried. :lol:

Not to worry, one of my bitches didnt have her first season until 16 months all was fine.

I have another bitche who is 14 months no season yet nothing to worry about, it will come when they are ready,

All your vet will say is get her spay, thats what they always say. :rant:

But i do agree with spay if there is a problem, but by the sound of it not your problems.

My whippet - another Lily ;) :D - had her first season at 23 months, and I had a whippet lurcher that was nearly three before she came in, so I don't think you need to worry.

Back