The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Nnwrf Racing Manager

lol trust you lot to have all settled down in the time it takes me to do a war & peace length reply! :lol:

bend races generally get taped straights dont unless someone does it which is a thankless job i know ive done it so just to say we dont always have the technology 2 c exaclty wot has gone in in the race again im talking about straights here. unless someone takes photos @ every event of every race we wont always have the technology 2 c it thru dvds or pics

(this was in answer to wild wippies post)

i too wish graeme good luck in this task i think its going to be a hard one but good luck graeme :luck:

sherry said:
yes im wondering is graham coming to dawdon on sat wallsend next sat/dawdon on the sun etc etc without having a dog to race? this is just my opinion but i think u will have people scared to seed their dogs now for fear of being told they r seeded wrong and im talking about the STRAIGHTS here 4 instance u might have a left hand runner and a severe left hand runner as was the case in my race @ maltby so il ask about this again ok nikki whizz favours the left hand side so i seed her left as if she was say out the orange she wud go left, so she got the red box and she stayed straight, now on the ball was having his 1st open straight race and he WASNT seeded and got the blue jacket i think i cant honestly remember anyway nikki whzz stayed in a total straight line from the red box but on the ball went left of her but as i said wasnt seeded so wud i b told nikki whizz did not need seeded as a dog went to her left but she stayed STRAIGHT?
If he is coming will he give me a lift, it will save me £££££££ on diesel :lol: and will he treat me to a BIG breakfast at that cafe on the A19 :lol:

This is why 1/2 judging was introduced on straight Carole

rob67 said:
weathergirls said:
lets have a bit of common sense No Graham won't be travelling all over the country watching dogs race  at clubs and opens (unless he wants to of course) and no one is going to be putting the fear of god into anyone. To start with Graham is going to oversee the seeding and racing at NNWRF events  he will discuss with the owner if the need arises his opinion of that dogs seeding  if  the need arises he will re-seed  a dog     I believe the majority of racers do seed their dogs correctly but there are a few that will seed on the straight just to get on the outside of the pack and more often than not that dog will go across impeding other dogs in the race its not deliberate interference on that dogs part but it has spoilt the race for another uneccessarily

This debate isn't a new gripe people have got its been moaned and groaned about  since seeding was adopted we and I would think others who organise open events are allways receiving complaints as to why was that dog allowed to seed when it runs the other side  so we have decided on  trying it this way it may make a difference who knows,  maybe the answer is do away with seeding  luck of the draw it would certainly make life easier for the handicapper

Lets give him a chance

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont think it's lacking in common sense to ask about how this will work. If the racing manager doesnt get to see the dogs race then how can he make an informed decision, if relying on others feedback then that isnt appropriate in my eyes. It's not about giving graham a chance (have already Pm'd him and wished him good luck and explained my comments) it's about asking for factual information about how the fed will make this work, I think curiosity is a good thing.

Ahhhhh, but curiosity killed the cat Chris :lol:

How about throwing another old saying into the hat.

"We can but try" :thumbsup:

If it works and it improves the quality and fairness in racing then all well and good, if it runs for a trial period and is not a success then at least the NNWRF can say they gave it a shot.

This is not the Dark Ages, man fashoined the wheel out of stone, and look at the many types of material we have now, and the many uses for it. All because people at times have tried something new !!!

Good Luck Graham, and if my dogs need seeding or not, I'll accept any opinions/evidence. :luck:

Fleesh - not afraid to try new things (w00t) . (Or stop seeding Bumpy Dog if she eventually gets the idea of FORWARDS :b )

Finally, why all the aminosity?! All the NNWRF have done is recognised a problem and Graham has kindly nominated to be that person that discusses what the rest of you may be saying behind an owners back but chooses to do so in a well meaning face to face manner. Banning and over ruling decisions hasn't even come into the equation. So I don't know why people are jumping the gun here?
Sorry Jac if youre referring to my questions then I dont think curiosity can be construed as animosity................I'm interested in how it will work, not in grahams ability to do the job. As for bans and sanctions............I'm sure that they have been mentioned in this thread and previous ones about seeding, so my questions aren't based on anyone jumping the gun at all.
Firstly, we did not have the technology to see, in detail what was occuring in a race- all people could see was 'bumping'Secondly this technology can be used as documented hard evidence to owners of what is actually occuring, in their races, the owners may be suprisingly enlightened

As I said previously, the photos and dvd's can be interpreted in many different ways, I'm not sure it's hard evidence and it's not evident throughtout all opens.

I think it's fair to expect some questions about the way it might work. It's not criticism and it's not complaining. As i said, it's just a curiosity about italian molehills :blink: :( :- "

Fleesh said:
"We can but try"  :thumbsup:

If it works and it improves the quality and fairness in racing then all well and good, if it runs for a trial period and is not a success then at least the NNWRF can say they gave it a shot.

This is not the Dark Ages, man fashoined the wheel out of stone, and look at the many types of material we have now, and the many uses for it. All because people at times have tried something new !!!

Good Luck Graham, and if my dogs need seeding or not, I'll accept any opinions/evidence. :luck:

Fleesh - not afraid to try new things  (w00t) . (Or stop seeding Bumpy Dog if she eventually gets the idea of FORWARDS  :b )

:luck: :luck: fleesh with the evidence and advice......................all I'm curious about is how the process will work :D

wild whippies said:
lol trust you lot to have all settled down in the time it takes me to do a war & peace length reply! :lol:
:lol: Never mind Jac,it was a good speech anyway :thumbsup:

Where straights and seeding is talked about,clubs are gonna have to play a major role in helping their members to get their own dogs seeding correct.After all it is usually at club meets that dodgy dogs are 1st spotted,why can't it be the same with seeding.Better someone is told about their dog from a fellow club member,than an official.The official would then only need to talk the owner of an offending dog as a last resort.As long as the Fed have a video camera present at all there events,then can't see it being a problem for Graham to oversee the races. :D

I can see Graham in this position...... 8)

Needs to smarten himself up a bit though.....definitely needs a tie! and maybe a regular bath.

Karen/Steve Boyd

rob67 said:
Fleesh said:

Fleesh - not afraid to try new things  (w00t) . (Or stop seeding Bumpy Dog if she eventually gets the idea of FORWARDS  :b )

:luck: :luck: fleesh with the evidence and advice......................all I'm curious about is how the process will work :D

Graham can jump from an air force jet using Geoff's underpants for a parachute :sweating: , but at the end of the day I'm sure the process will evolve as we ALL learn our way through ;) .

Theories can look good on paper, and all the planning in the world can make an operation seem thorough but testing it will be the hardest part, just look at the public bridge in London that kept wobbling and swinging about, just think of all the years of planning that went into that. (w00t)

rob67 said:
Sorry Jac if youre referring to my questions then I dont think curiosity can be construed as animosity
Chris is was your first initial comment here below that made me feel you was displaying some degree of aminosity, at least to the NNWRF.

Presumably the BWRA would have to use a far more democratic way of proposing this, considering their constitution? Thank god.
The NNWRF whilst not a democracy do have it in their best interests to please their members. Their ability to recognise and instigate changes is a lot more radical than the BWRA's current methodologies. Whilst a constitution could be seen to be highly desirable, it can hinder progress immensly. (e.g. waiting for a proposal year)

The beauty of the NNWRF is it's committee will look through every argument put forward both for and against and be able to sympathise with justifiable concerns that it's members may have (like yourself has clearly presented in this thread for instance) ;)

As I said previously, the photos and dvd's can be interpreted in many different ways, I'm not sure it's hard evidence and it's not evident throughtout all opens.
I agree interpretations can be different

I don't think an astute racing manager or their relevant organisation would declare a dog to have a set habit based on one piece of evidence alone. The same way as I didn't. I wonder how much evidence owner's would like to see before they'd accept such opinions? If they ever were willing to?

weathergirls said:
Fleesh said:
rob67 said:
Fleesh said:

Graham can jump from an air force jet using Geoff's underpants for a parachute :sweating: , but at the end of the day I'm sure the process will evolve as we ALL learn our way through ;) .

Theories can look good on paper, and all the planning in the world can make an operation seem thorough but testing it will be the hardest part, just look at the public bridge in London that kept wobbling and swinging about, just think of all the years of planning that went into that. (w00t)

think he's allready swinging from it heard Geoff is trying to catch him in his undiechutes :oops:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're talking pants :eek:

Karen-Coral said:
I can see Graham in this position...... 8) Needs to smarten himself up a bit though.....definitely needs a tie! and maybe a regular bath.

Karen/Steve Boyd

Also....

Will he be getting a company car? + driver?

A well known 'Red Mills' manager has a lovely Mercedes........??????

Chris is was your first initial comment here below that made me feel you was displaying some degree of aminosity, at least to the NNWRF.

Presumably the BWRA would have to use a far more democratic way of proposing this, considering their constitution? Thank god.

Well if that can be construed as animosity then I'm sorry jac. It's merely my opinion and i prefer a constitution that way. Again just my opinion, and not in any way hinting that the fed are doing a bad job.
The beauty of the NNWRF is it's committee will look through every argument put forward both for and against and be able to sympathise with justifiable concerns that it's members may have (like yourself has clearly presented in this thread for instance)
Again, I'm not saying the fed committee is in any way doing a bad job, I'm just asking how the process will work. Quite simple. 
I agree interpretations can be different I don't think an astute racing manager or their relevant organisation would declare a dog to have a set habit based on one piece of evidence alone. The same way as I didn't. I wonder how much evidence owner's would like to see before they'd accept such opinions? If they ever were willing to?

I'm not calling into question the people involved just curious about the process, and how it might be consisitently applied. Perhaps some people may never accept a different opinion, I don't know. It will be interesting to find out. For me, as long as the process is clear and transparent then i will listen to whatever Graham might have to say about any of our dogs. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
rob67 said:
Well if that can be construed as animosity then I'm sorry jac. It's merely my opinion and i prefer a constitution that way. Again just my opinion, and not in any way hinting that the fed are doing a bad job.
I respect your opinion Chris as i do both organisations. :thumbsup:

rob67 said:
I'm not calling into question the people involved just curious about the process, and how it might be consisitently applied. Perhaps some people may never accept a different opinion, I don't know. It will be interesting to find out. For me, as long as the process is clear and transparent then i will listen to whatever Graham might have to say about any of our dogs. :)
Certainly don't think there's anything wrong with querying the process and making it understandable to everyone. :thumbsup: I'm sure the NNWRF will have some detailed discussions before they establish their methods. I too will respect any feedback given to me on my dogs performance both from committee members of either organisations and fellow racers alike. We all only want for the best and safest ways to run our dogs, as Elise wisely said, we can but try. :)

grahams asked if ill be his secratery perv :D

If he has a regular bath-I personally don't think there will be a problem with someone working alongside him-Lol

I also think its truly admirable of the fed to give Graham this wonderful opportunity-It reminds me of a similar programme/award-abit like the Duke of Edinburgh award-where those less fortunate/able were given a chance to 'shine'

Lol :clown:

Graham, buddy old pal, dont bother seeding my dog to the left or right, just 15 yards in front of the rest will do nicely thank you. (P.S. will buy Mandy's next Highgate blow-out meal for you), Not that i would try to bribe you or that you would except a bribe :b :cheers: :luck: :luck:

Back