The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Nnwrf 2009 Calendar

been to gretna a few times what a place! the track is superb!!

mutley said:
not really fair on Portsmouth  mark it is not there fault if folk wont travel :(   this was disguised at a meeting at Worcester
well is it fair on the scottish racers Harlow is still in the south and would it not be worth a try who know harlow could get the same amount as highgate and i also said alternate it ie one year harlow/ portsmouth next year gretna/or another scottish track

Last edited by a moderator:
m warren said:
weathergirls said:
the NNWRF will offer the same consideration to  our South East members from THURROCK W.R.C.  who have also requested over the past couple of years for us to put an open at their club. What we think would be best would be THURROCKS request for a bend event at HARLOW  reminding you all again that this would be an additional open not a T.T. points open (would qualify for FED TOP 5 as will the Horden open )  Think we may have a sponsor for the supreme trophy so would be looking for sponsors for other trophies as well as some fund raising to cover the cost of the track which I believe is £450

Just a thought but if the fed are thinking of putting a bend open on at Harlow why dont you put the Golden Jacket there instead of Portsmouth, the last two Golden Jacket events at this venue were poorly attended with more than double at the south coast scr not as far down south so more people might be able to get there, Also what about trying gretna so you could alternate one golden jacket event because we have a number of scottish people who travel to highgate also :D

been trying to get Gretna for the past 4 years not avilable nor is Kinsley another fantastic track

regarding Portsmouth this track was booked last year for its expected life span of 3 years 2009 could possibly be the end of another greyhound stadium

this was the only venue in the south at the time

now that the South East have been lucky to obtain Harlow this event will be moved over to there in 2010 all being well in the mean time we have offered the South East club an additional open which will count for FED TOP 5 wish it could be TT points but unfortunately it can't also the cost of Harlow stadium at present is £450 as opposed to Portsmouth which is £300

We only have 3 Golden Jacket bend events to spread around the NNWRF doesn't have any TT opens like the old NWRF had the NNWRF would go anywhere they were invited to stage an event but we just havn't got them

thought the same mark until i saw the distance .never been but gretna is a good track,BUT 280 m are asking to much out of our little whippys.

I THINK ASKERN IS FAR ENOUGH IS IT 225M?????? CANNY TRACK :thumbsup:

weathergirls said:
m warren said:
weathergirls said:
the NNWRF will offer the same consideration to  our South East members from THURROCK W.R.C.  who have also requested over the past couple of years for us to put an open at their club. What we think would be best would be THURROCKS request for a bend event at HARLOW  reminding you all again that this would be an additional open not a T.T. points open (would qualify for FED TOP 5 as will the Horden open )  Think we may have a sponsor for the supreme trophy so would be looking for sponsors for other trophies as well as some fund raising to cover the cost of the track which I believe is £450

Just a thought but if the fed are thinking of putting a bend open on at Harlow why dont you put the Golden Jacket there instead of Portsmouth, the last two Golden Jacket events at this venue were poorly attended with more than double at the south coast scr not as far down south so more people might be able to get there, Also what about trying gretna so you could alternate one golden jacket event because we have a number of scottish people who travel to highgate also :D

been trying to get Gretna for the past 4 years not avilable nor is Kinsley another fantastic track

regarding Portsmouth this track was booked last year for its expected life span of 3 years 2009 could possibly be the end of another greyhound stadium

now that the South East have been lucky to obtain Harlow this event will be moved over to there in 2010 all being well in the mean time we have offered the South East club an additional open which will count for FED TOP 5 wish it could be TT points but unfortunately it can't also the cost of Harlow stadium at present is £450 as opposed to Portsmouth which is £300

We only have 3 Golden Jacket bend events to spread around the NNWRF doesn't have any TT opens like the old NWRF had the NNWRF would go anywhere they were invited to stage an event but we just havn't got them

I think Linda you should be thinking about the basis of the sport our 'clubs' without whom we wouldn't be racing at all....instead you are moaning about not getting anymore dates in the calendar for the Fed. The 'clubs' already find it very, very difficult to slot in their crucial open date (which is a chance to make a little money through raffle and food sales to keep them going throughout the year) I think its fair to say that the NNWRF do very nicely at present, way back in 1994 they took 12 racing days, next year in 2009 you have taken 16 days and are proposing to include more Additional opens to these, just where does everyone else fit into this. So, the reason you can't have anymore Top Ten, is to give others a chance to survive. The BWRA have a reasonable 10 days......maybe instead of wanting more, it may be a sensible idea to cut down on a few!!!!

DavidH said:
thought the same mark  until i saw the distance .never been but gretna is a good track,BUT 280 m are asking to much out of our little whippys.I THINK ASKERN IS FAR ENOUGH IS IT 225M?????? CANNY TRACK :thumbsup:

Horses for courses DavidH - some dogs (Connor's Lass for example) would love the extra distance of 280m as she has (or at least had) the stamina for a long finish. Whereas others would struggle with the longer distances I remember Connor's Lass racing Viv's Merlin in the veterans at Askern and Merlin was well in the lead up the straight and round the bend (left her for dead), Connor's Lass just had enough to get it together on the short finish and snatch it on the line.

Even differing bend distances like differing straight distances allow for a variety of winners and some events play to their strengths and others do not, there are plenty of say straight Rch out there that have not got a straight Nch title as another dog has overtaken it in those extra ten yards.

Hmmm my bit said, now back to work before another can of worms is opened.

mollyxx said:
weathergirls said:
m warren said:
weathergirls said:

I think Linda you should be thinking about the basis of the sport our 'clubs' without whom we wouldn't be racing at all....instead you are moaning about not getting anymore dates in the calendar for the Fed. The 'clubs' already find it very, very difficult to slot in their crucial open date (which is a chance to make a little money through raffle and food sales to keep them going throughout the year) I think its fair to say that the NNWRF do very nicely at present, way back in 1994 they took 12 racing days, next year in 2009 you have taken 16 days and are proposing to include more Additional opens to these, just where does everyone else fit into this. So, the reason you can't have anymore Top Ten, is to give others a chance to survive. The BWRA have a reasonable 10 days......maybe instead of wanting more, it may be a sensible idea to cut down on a few!!!!

GET A GRIP WOMAN I am not complaining about not getting any more dates I am explaining to members who are asking the NNWRF why we can't put an open on at their club, THE CLUBS ARE ASKING US THE NNWRF ARE NOT ASKING THEM the additional straight open at Horden is replacing the one we had in Devon this year the additional bend open will replace the one we had at Highgate this year

everything else as it was last year

any club or organisation should be able to accommodate its members they shouldn't need to ask the editor of a magazine for permission to race unless its to enter a competition run by it

kenny m said:
can book camping now my sons m8 has the farm,along crimdon,its caravan club reg,so its repetable,and its right on the beach banks,what a view,and its buttons per night,will get some feedback off the members and get it sorted,loads to do hartlepool marina,see all the old ships,and dalton park the other way,loads to do, :thumbsup: the walks for your dogs wow you wont want to go home :cheers:
come on Kenny any headway on the campsite

weathergirls said:
kenny m said:
can book camping now my sons m8 has the farm,along crimdon,its caravan club reg,so its repetable,and its right on the beach banks,what a view,and its buttons per night,will get some feedback off the members and get it sorted,loads to do hartlepool marina,see all the old ships,and dalton park the other way,loads to do, :thumbsup: the walks for your dogs wow you wont want to go home :cheers:
come on Kenny any headway on the campsite

its on getting sorted,going over to see suntaned betty tomorrow but shoulnt be any problems,,wish it was here cant wait :thumbsup:

was at crimdon caravan park yesterday,people with 1,or 2 dogs can book a place with a tourer or can book a static,but if you have more than 2,as a lot of us have,we cant book it,silly rule but its a rule.i have a couple more sites to check out,so will keep yous informed,betty went to see the commitee,yesterday,and had a letter to put in,today,iam sure its gone in.so if any of yous need a phone number for crimdon,pm me and al get the relavent numbers you need,so looking good for june 20th,21st :thumbsup:

weathergirls said:
:thumbsup: keep up the good work kenny :thumbsup:
its a shame,linda,we went round it yesterday what a site its got a,big clubhouse,it had the lot,my friend sold the static homes there and i thought mmmmm i can swing it here but,he couldnt help,,,but,theres other sites right near us so will get summet sorted :thumbsup:

im alright dont need to camp lol but hope u can somat sorted 4 those that do need to camp with more than 2 dogs. looking forward to a local weekend open :thumbsup:

Fleesh said:
DavidH said:
thought the same mark  until i saw the distance .never been but gretna is a good track,BUT 280 m are asking to much out of our little whippys.I THINK ASKERN IS FAR ENOUGH IS IT 225M?????? CANNY TRACK :thumbsup:

Horses for courses DavidH - some dogs (Connor's Lass for example) would love the extra distance of 280m as she has (or at least had) the stamina for a long finish. Whereas others would struggle with the longer distances I remember Connor's Lass racing Viv's Merlin in the veterans at Askern and Merlin was well in the lead up the straight and round the bend (left her for dead), Connor's Lass just had enough to get it together on the short finish and snatch it on the line.

Even differing bend distances like differing straight distances allow for a variety of winners and some events play to their strengths and others do not, there are plenty of say straight Rch out there that have not got a straight Nch title as another dog has overtaken it in those extra ten yards.

Hmmm my bit said, now back to work before another can of worms is opened.

do you eat worms :x thought so how you bite. :thumbsup: think shorter tracks are easier for the littluns if they have to run 3/4 times :sweating:

kenny m said:
was at crimdon caravan park yesterday,people with 1,or 2 dogs can book a place with a tourer or can book a static,but if you have more than 2,as a lot of us have,we cant book it,silly rule but its a rule.i have a couple more sites to check out,so will keep yous informed,betty went to see the commitee,yesterday,and had a letter to put in,today,iam sure its gone in.so if any of yous need a phone number for crimdon,pm me and al get the relavent numbers you need,so looking good for june 20th,21st :thumbsup:
is this crimdon dene park, you go down a short side road under a bridge to get in?????

nice site next to beech and a nice walk through the dene.

club been there with 3 dogs nice break :thumbsup:

DavidH said:
kenny m said:
is this crimdon dene park, you go down a short side road under a bridge to get in?????

thats the place dave,really nice :thumbsup:

kenny m said:
DavidH said:
kenny m said:

it has a club and do meals :thumbsup: village close to has chinky pizzas cafes chippy shops 1/4 hr walk

sherry said:
im alright dont need to camp lol but hope u can somat sorted 4 those that do need to camp with more than 2 dogs. looking forward to a local weekend open  :thumbsup:
know someone who is looking to hire a caravan for the weekend if your interested

DavidH said:
kenny m said:
DavidH said:
kenny m said:

it has a club and do meals :thumbsup: village close to has chinky pizzas cafes chippy shops 1/4 hr walk

,lol dave thats our village,go the other way and thats hartlepool, :thumbsup:

anyone know the

ASHFIELD CARAVAN PARK

DALTON PIERCY

HARTLEPOOL

looks good on their web site main thing DOGS allowed new CLUBHOUSE

can accommodate 68 tourers and 40 tents all pitches have elec hook up (inc tents)

they have even got new kennels if anyone wanted to use them

Back