The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Niwwc Rusults

milliken

Registered
Reaction score
Once again i would like to thank you all for your surpport

the turnout of dogs was great and some very nice ones too but i must say in all my days of keeping whippets ive never see so many whippets racing this is what the club was set up for to promote these great little speed machines

once again thanks

CHILDRENS HANDLING

WINNER GARETH MC LOUGHLINS FLASH

WHIPPET PUP

1ST GRANT FLOYDS STRIPE

2ND GRAHAM MEEKS MERLIN

3RD DECLAN JORDONS GIGGS

WHIPPET BITCH

1ST SAMMY BOWERS SKY

2ND SAMMY BOWERS LADY

WHIPPET DOG

1ST DECLAN JORDANS SCHOLES

2ND ANN MC MULLANS JACK

WORKING WHIPPET

1ST CIARAN CARNEYS BUD

2ND CALVIN CARNEYS FLASH

lure coursing was one by sammy barows lady

racing was won by janet dukes vixin

2nd was dave pattersons lewis

robert

:) Well done to all, it's nice to get show season under way. :thumbsup: Di

Thanks robert for a truely great day, great facilities and smooth running.

A special thanks from me to Colin's young lad who slipped Lewis and Merlin brilliantly every time, allowing me to watch them come home from up top. He did a far better job than I have ever done.

If Colin hasn't planned on employing him at the next shows, I'd have him slip my dogs every time.

Thanks to Ian for the blue spray for Lewis's cut toe. Once I get the name, I'll be ordering the same.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks robert for a truely great day, great facilities and smooth running.
A special thanks from me to Colin's young lad who slipped Lewis and Merlin brilliantly every time, allowing me to watch them come home from up top. He did a far better job than I have evr done.

If Colin hasn't planned on employing him at the next shows, I'll have him slip my dogs every time.

Thanks to Ian for the blue spray for Lewis's cut toe. Once I get the name, I'll be ordering the same.

Dave
glad you like the new spot mate as long as everyone looks after the place and tidys up and dont climb over fances we will be there for years to come

robert

sorry ladies and gents

LURCHER COURSING WAS WON BY DEIRDRES PARIS

2ND WAS EVELENS DIGGER

U 21 WINNER WAS ROSE MC COYS ZOLA

2ND WAS DEIRDRES PARIS

UNDER 23

WINNER WAS CHINA JOHN

2ND BILLYS TROUBLE

OVER 23 WINNER WAS SMOKEY IAN

2ND WAS MOLLY JIMMY

ROBERT

Paris after winning the lurcher coursing :thumbsup:

DSCF3754-1.jpg

O23 Ian with Smokey, U23 John with China and U21 Rose with Zola, well done you lot :thumbsup:

DSCF3798-1.jpg

thats a nice cup you got rose :p

Ian with Smokey and me with wee Paris who come 2nd in the U21 :thumbsup:

DSCF3800-1.jpg

Rose with Jimmy's dog Molly who won her heat and come 2nd in the O23, well done Jimmy with Molly

DSCF3802-1.jpg

I'm glad I finally made it to a niwwc event.

I would like to see some days just devoted to lure coursing and some just to racing, with no show (or just puppy show and junior handling) so that there would be time for consolation races. My dogs had done well at game fairs and lurcher events in 2007 & 2008, always got into the finals. Yesterday they were still raring to go but there was no second race for them. The whippet race clubs in Britain meet frequently and usually all the dogs run two or three heats, whether they win or not. Some clubs just do straight races, others hold bend races (similar to lure coursing) and straight races on alternate weeks.

this year there will be a few lure coursing events open to members only and one event that will be open to all running dogs and none members

robert

ps billy hurry up with pics lol

this year there will be a few lure coursing events open to members only and one event that will be open to all running dogs and none members
robert

ps billy hurry up with pics lol
Lost the bloody lot Robert.Don't know what happened mate.Stupid flippin camera.

HA HA HA got you there,didn't i

Back