The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Newbie to the forum

maz3643

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All

I am new to this forum. Am getting my new little border terrier puppy on 21st June so will be after some advice I am sure!

Look forward to reading posts on here

Maz

www.k9solutions-holidays.com

Good luck. Please make sure that you see the parents in situ before taking the puppy on. Puppy farming can only exist if we buy from them. Many puppies have a terrible start and then shoe signs of behavioural problems later.

Thank you. We found a reputable breeder and the parents have really good line - Brumborder. Crufts entrants etc... the pup is kc reg and the breeder has been fab. we are collecting him at 10 weeks old and she was happy to keep him that little bit longer for us, so she is more concerned about the pups welfare than money. Very excited about him joining us!

Hi Maz, and welcome to DogForum :)

Thank you so much for doing this the right way. There are so many people who say that they just couldn't leave a pup in such dreadful circumstances when they get their pup from a bad source, completely failing to see that this is what the breeder is relying on and that what they're doing is funding the breeder.

A well bred pup costs more as an initial payment, but the chances of a healthy and happy pup who grows up without major hang ups and not needing vast vet bills are so much higher. I've turned up as a representative of breed rescue to offer to take the sickly pups in to rescue and fund all of their veterinary needs before and been totally *stunned* (not) to be turned down. There is a certain class of breeder who actually wants their pups to be seen as poorly little things who are to be pitied because that means that people feel that the can't leave them in that dreadful place and that guarantees a sale.

You must be so excited- I know I would be :) There are very strict rules here- anybody with a cute pup and who doesn't cough up with the baby photos will be told off most severely because we get through the day smooching that puppy vicariously through the photos posted online ;)

I'm sure you'll have your fair share of issues, training questions and challenges, but you've done your research and should be delighted and happy as a pig in muck with your squeezably gorgeous puppy, so enjoy it :)

Hi im new as well ive not got a puppy yet i am looking at small breeds as we have a smallish house we do have a garden thought and iam at home tolook after it and train it.we have a daughter who is six

Im looking at no or low shedding dogs shih tzu.yorkshire terrier,poodle maltese or cross breed of any of these other possibles are pug jack russle cross

Been reading up on every thing to do with puppies i have looked after other peoples dogs but not been in the position to own one but i am now and hubby is in agreement with this ive started to purchase doggy stuff and intend to use a crate.

Havent got a question yet but im sure i will have

Rose xx

Hi Rose, first good luck in your search. One thing to bear in mind with the ones you mentioned is that they will need trimming frequently, I have a Shih Tzu, (my Whippets best friend), and he goes to the groomers roughly every 8 weeks. obviously if you are up to it its quite possible to do it yourself but for me I am more than happy to get it done properly. Other than that I think the right breed is the one you want, no such thing as one being better than the rest in general.

Hi

Thanks for you reply i do understand about the trimming and grooming.i am hopeimg i may be able to do it myself i used animal clippers before i've also looked after long coated animals before.i sldo undrrstand the work a New puppy will be.xx

Back