The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

New To Forum

annmarie172

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All

I am new to the forum. My name is Ann Marie and I live in West Yorkshire.

I grew up in Glasgow mainly with mongrels (we couldn't afford pedigree dogs), one of the mongrels was a whippet collie cross and I started obedience training with her when I was 12 and won lots of trophies etc.

Later I had collies and Gsds and did the same with them- My eleven year old daughter also likes to train obedience and agility. ( I have a 9 year old too)

Both girls are in the young kennel club and are dog mad.

I am currently dogless and having a tiny bit of space before having another dog - the house though is too quiet and clean and I miss having a dog around so not sure how long I will last.

Anyway I have decided I would really like a whippet and the girls would too- think they are sick of me always lurking around with them when they took the dog out(just in case)

Just thought I would say hi

Ann Marie

annmarie172 said:
Hi All
I am new to the forum. My name is Ann Marie and I live in West Yorkshire.

I grew up in Glasgow mainly with mongrels (we couldn't afford pedigree dogs), one of the mongrels was a whippet collie cross and I started obedience training with her when I was 12 and won lots of trophies etc.

Later I had collies and Gsds and did the same with them- My eleven year old daughter also likes to train obedience and agility. ( I have a 9 year old too)

Both girls are in the young kennel club and are dog mad.

I am currently dogless and having a tiny bit of space before having another dog - the house though is too quiet and clean and I miss having a dog around so not sure how long I will last.

Anyway I have decided I would really like a whippet and the girls would too- think they are sick of me always lurking around with them when they took the dog out(just in case)

Just thought I would say hi

Ann Marie

nice to see a glaswegian onboard...but the mongrel thing.....are you referring to celtic supporters ? ? ....couldnt agree more :eek: im kiddin :p

Last edited by a moderator:
hi anne marie,welcome to k9,im sure you will get lots of info on here about whippets.

where about in west yorkshire are you,you could be local to me. :thumbsup:

I live just outside Huddersfield. I really like it here and have been here 5 years.

Re Celtic Fans - Surely can't be mistaken as mongrels- Highly intelligent creatures... :D

Welcome to K9! :cheers:

Loved this line :D

the house though is too quiet and clean and I miss having a dog around so not sure how long I will last
Good luck with finding a whippy, as well as posting on here which is a good start, I suggest you also try contacting whippet rescue http://www.k9community.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=3073

also the BWRA top gun forum has just started up (Forum for non ped racing whippets) they have a section at the bottom for ex-racing whippets requiring homes.

http://www.topgunwhippetforum.co.uk/forum/index.php

Keep us posted and I think we'd all love you to share any piks or stories you have about your experiences with your past dogs. :thumbsup:

Jac

annmarie172 said:
I live just outside Huddersfield. I really like it here and have been here 5 years.
Re Celtic Fans - Surely can't be mistaken as mongrels- Highly intelligent creatures... :D

hahah nahhh dont think so. only intelligent ones play in blue !! :- "

j :p hn

DSC00685.jpg

Not sure this will work. It's a picture of my beautiful GSD girl Kara who I sadly lost at 14 months old last year due to hystiocytic ulcerative colitis.

She is snuggling up with Skye who we used to dog sit for.

Hello, How nice to be looking for a whippy :luck: :luck: and keep us posted. Jan

Welcome to K9. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Hope you find your whippet soon. :wub: :wub:

Hi and welcome,

hope you get your whippet soon, you'll never get any housework done , with a whippet AND reading k9 all day !

I'm in Liverpool and know a lady from my work who has whippet puppies for sale, pm for her contact numbers and you can get some more info from her.

:luck: in your search, Julie

Hello Annmarie!

I live in Huddersfield as well (actually in the Holmfirth area), I'm originally from the United States but love it here too!

I have a 7 month old whippet named Belle, she keeps me on my toes!

Good luck on your search for a whippet and when you get your baby then we should meet up for some walks!

I don't know what you did regarding posting your picture, but here is your girl. She is lovely! :wub: My husband's father was a K9 police officer for the West Yorkshire police and he had GSD's, they are really beautiful!

DSC00685.jpg

Regards,

Sari

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ann Marie,

Welcome to k9 :cheers: I live in west yorks too near wakefield :thumbsup: Glad to hear your looking for a whippet, if you would consider a rescue I know of one which I think is still available in a rescue centre near my house, 3 years old :wub:

Back