The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

New Pups And Judges

i know when ive been judging id much rather see a naughty puppy with loads of character than a stuffed dummy that just stands there,with no personality showing through.the naughty pup can have its character channeled in the show ring to become a showy dog attracting admiring glances from all.the one that just stands there bored doesnt attract anything.when i look for potential in a show dog i always look for personality plus.the naughtiest pup will always be a character.dont push your puppy too soon and expect him to do everything correct the first time.hes a baby,let him enjoy this strange showing game,the standing like a statue will come with time,but you cant train for character.theyve either got it or they aint. :thumbsup:

Is the dog in question (Walter) Crosscop Captivator? I met Leigh Morris at the Carlisle show when i took Rebel for a look at a show. She made a fuss of him and her mother kind of took me under her wing (i presume it was her mother!) She has just had a new litter of pups and i was tempted to buy one from her as she mentioned she had a brindle bitch, but i will wait until i am used to showing til i purchase another whippy!! Leigh Morris certainly seems good at what she does and i am glad i have become aqainted to her.

Yes that's the dog.

Leigh is a lovely lady and will help you in every way she can, so it there is anything you are not sure about when u get to the show ask Leigh.

BTW tell her Dawn said Hi! :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesnt matter how much training I do my puppies are always naughty and I can never seem to get a good show out of them until junior classes. I dont care if they fiddget a bit, any (good) judge will see throu puppiness. Some lines are naughtier than others, I know Rob Bailey wont mind me saying if its got Fullerton in it its going to be bouncy for a while.

two tips. Keep a very good eye on the judge and dont stand your dog too early and expect it to still be standing by thie time they have looked at the 6 or 7 in front of you. Try not to go first.

When you stand your dog dont come in too close to its body, stand it at arms length. If you are too close puppies sometimes lean in to you for comfort and reassurance. Be matter of fact, say to yourself too, 'this is what we do and how we behave in the ring'.

And remember it shouldnt be a nerve wracking ordeal that gives you the squits everytime you do it. Its meant to be FUN, FUN, FUN (w00t) :p

Tesa said:
Like you I am also going into the ring for the first time (tomorrow). 
Well that's it folks our first show over with. It was a huge day and no win, but I hadn't expected one either. The big news of the day was that Beaus brother Dobby took out Best Puppy in Group.

We meant to take more photo's but they wouldn't sit still, this was the best we could do at the end of the day, sound asleep :wub: .

Had a good day out and still think I walked away with the best dog - mine :wub: :wub: .

Hi Tesa,

Thats right at the end of the day you go home with the best dog :thumbsup: .

By the way the whippies in the crate look very stressed don't they :wub: .

Just remember,

''Another Day Another Dog Show'' :thumbsup: .

Debra 8) :D :wacko:

Was a very enjoyable day. Thought you might like to see my husband Brian relaxing with his "little Buddy"

dawn said:
Yes that's the dog.
Leigh is a lovely lady and will help you in every way she can, so it there is anything you are not sure about when u get to the show ask Leigh.

BTW tell her Dawn said Hi! :cheers:

Yep! Ditto here!!! Except tell her Caroline said Hi! LOL!! And please give Walter a big hug from his 'grandma' ( (w00t) ) when you next see them That probably was Leigh's Mum 'Aunty Doreen' cos that sounds just like what she would do!

Beautiful heads and ears Dawn. Are these 2 girls from the litter we were interested in until the surprise birth of Isidra?. Pity, but we now have 5 whippets and all except Isidra over 6 years plus Mariloli`s pug who is almost 11. Regards, Smiling Stephen

Hi Stephen

Beautiful heads and ears Dawn. Are these 2 girls from the litter we were interested
Yes this is Cleena and Mia from our C Litter. They are both real characters and we love them to bits, so maybe everything worked out for the best cos if one had come to Spain we would only have one of them :wub:

they fiddget a bit, any (good) judge will see throu puppiness. Some lines are naughtier than others, I know Rob Bailey wont mind me saying if its got Fullerton in it its going to be bouncy for a while.

:teehee: :clown: :teehee: I wish someone had told me that befor :teehee: :clown:

But Sharma made it round the ring to group 2 on Sunday

pets_and_kids_362.jpg

thanks Millie, Sharma is 9mths now and is hard work (w00t) . So dont give up Locoe it all takes time and have fun :teehee:

Giving up is something i cant do as hubby and i are having a little competition.

He bought a new Greyhound home the day after i brought Rebel home and they are both ready to embark on there respective careers next week.

Not decided what the prize is, maybe if i win i will get a house full of whippies, but if he wins it will be another trail over to Ireland for another greyhound. We love our dogs and we find ourselves saying "theres room for another!!"

Denise

Lolcoe said:
Giving up is something i cant do as hubby and i are having a little competition. He bought a new Greyhound home the day after i brought Rebel home and they are both ready to embark on there respective careers next week.

Not decided what the prize is, maybe if i win i will get a house full of whippies, but if he wins it will be another trail over to Ireland for another greyhound. We love our dogs and we find ourselves saying "theres room for another!!"

Denise

Why go to Ireland ?

My friends bitch ( by Droopys Merson) is in whelp :luck: to D Corleone . She already has a litter by him , see Gen Dog , For Mark Roberts post . for piccys ;)

Back