The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

New Puppy To Introduce ...

what a sweetie :wub:

looks like you've got the best of both worlds then!! :thumbsup:

What a little sweetie!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Very best of luck with her, she looks gorgeous! :thumbsup: :luck:

Very cute :wub: :wub: :wub: I would say her dad is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (my first dog when i was little). I thought that the second i saw her pic

glad you found the right puppy for yourself:wub: :wub: but i can't believe they are £325.00 (w00t) (w00t)

she very cute,but it still spoilts both of the breed,sorry just my honest opinion :oops:

jok said:
Very cute :wub:   :wub:   :wub: I would say her dad is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (my first dog when i was little).  I thought that the second i saw her pic

Sorry, i've just noticed that you had already told us what her dad is :oops: An unusual cross

It will interesting to see how she develops. Lovely pup. :huggles: Lurcher with a difference.

Awww - she is so cute :wub:

We had a little spaniel cross and he was the most loving and devoted dog :wub:

Looking forward to seeing her grow. :thumbsup: Keep posting piccies.

daledogs said:
glad you found the right puppy  for yourself:wub:  :wub:   but i can't believe they are £325.00 (w00t)   (w00t) she very cute,but it still spoilts both of the breed,sorry just my honest opinion :oops:

Thanks to all of you who admire her without exception, but ...

I did wonder whether I should post her piccies on the 'whippets' thread ... I should have known I get some opposition from you purists ;)

I just wanted a loving pet, and I don't intend to breed from her, so whether she's pure pedigree whippet isn't important to me. And her price was fair considering she's very much loved (and long awaited). It's not about the money. She was worth every penny :wub:

I'm not trying to water down the whippet stock, and I don't encourage this practice. It was just so perfect for my partner and I to have a dog with the genetics of each of our preferred breeds.

I was expecting some debate as to whether it's right to breed whippets with other non sight-hounds, so what do you others think about the topic?

p.s. do you think I should stick to posting on the lurcher thread? :b

:D What a cracking wee puppy :D

More photo's are she grows up :thumbsup:

she is so cute i asked for pics in your other post i am well impressedwith her!!!! :cheers:

She really is heavenly looking :wub: , but £325 (w00t) :eek:

OEH said:
She really is heavenly looking :wub: , but £325 (w00t)   :eek:
Well, I certainly never posted what her price cost me. I never really wanted to advertise or have publicly known how much she cost me, because that isn't important to me. She isn't a commodity, she's a living creature and she's very special.

And I think it's slightly rude to laugh at someones personal financial decisions, because as I've said before, she's worth every penny to me. I was happy to pay that.

Why shouldn't a cross bred puppy cost as much as a KC registered one. If they are both carefully raised. Do people really think that a KC registration is worth so much more?

You'll find KC reg breeders on here justifying asking £350+ for one of their pups because it costs them so much to raise it properly. Well then it costs the same amount to raise a non KC reg doesn't it.

Cute puppy btw I wish you joy with her.

BeeJay said:
Why shouldn't a cross bred puppy cost as much as a KC registered one.  If they are both carefully raised.  Do people really think that a KC registration is worth so much more?
You'll find KC reg breeders on here justifying asking £350+ for one of their pups because it costs them so much to raise it properly.  Well then it costs the same amount to raise a non KC reg doesn't it.

Cute puppy btw I wish you joy with her.

More often than not you'd be paying a stud fee for a pedigree litter. I dont think that would always be the case with a x bred litter.

Linda

luvlyjubly77 said:
daledogs said:
glad you found the right puppy  for yourself:wub:  :wub:   but i can't believe they are £325.00 (w00t)   (w00t) she very cute,but it still spoilts both of the breed,sorry just my honest opinion :oops:

Thanks to all of you who admire her without exception, but ...

I did wonder whether I should post her piccies on the 'whippets' thread ... I should have known I get some opposition from you purists ;)

I just wanted a loving pet, and I don't intend to breed from her, so whether she's pure pedigree whippet isn't important to me. And her price was fair considering she's very much loved (and long awaited). It's not about the money. She was worth every penny :wub:

I'm not trying to water down the whippet stock, and I don't encourage this practice. It was just so perfect for my partner and I to have a dog with the genetics of each of our preferred breeds.

I was expecting some debate as to whether it's right to breed whippets with other non sight-hounds, so what do you others think about the topic?

p.s. do you think I should stick to posting on the lurcher thread? :b

Hi I think she is absoloutley gorgeous!! :wub: :wub:

I for one am not a huge fan of crossing ANY breed with another as I dont feel there is a need for it (BUT this is only my opinion and I am sure there are others out there that will tell me why there IS a need for it!) but when it does happen I am glad that there are people like yourself who are willing to give beautiful puppies like yours a loving permenant home :thumbsup:

The very best of luck with her,she really is very sweet and you do have the best of both worlds as both breeds have exceptional natures. :huggles:

Back