The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

New Dog Tv Program

Should be good. I have a lot of respect for Martin Clunes, but I bet it is very biased re: inbreeding :(

Pauline

That looks interesting, I'll be watching, thanks for posting it :thumbsup:

maggie217 said:
Should be good... but I bet it is very biased re: inbreeding...
Yes, it DOES sound good....and you never know - the tv companies might just produce a decent programme instead of the usual over-exaggerated inbred & over-exaggerated nonsense like us doggy folk normally have to tolerate around the time of Crufts ;)

Ooh looks interesting... When is it on??

Emma xxx

That looks really good,would like to watch that!

If anyone finds out when it is on please post because I will forget to look for it and miss it... do that all the time!!

:lol:

..... instead of the usual over-exaggerated inbred & over-exaggerated nonsense like us doggy folk normally have to tolerate around the time of Crufts

What is over exaggerated about bull dogs and pugs being so 'expertly' bred that they can't breathe properly? And all for the show ring.... and why shouldn't the average punter be informed of this or any other exaggeration in breeding programmes which results in poor good health for any particular breed and isn't it good that they are informed of these cases - there is nothing stronger than market forces if one hopes to see changes in bad practices! If buyers vote with their wallets in great enough numbers that will do more to stop bad breeding than any weedy toothless programme the KC may or may not introduce depending who (which breeders or affectionados of breeds) holds sway on the committee! Why should it be considered over exaggerated to tell it how they (the programme producers) perceive it to be?

Pedigree lines DO have problems, all breeds have problems, health and behaviour - both of which are "avoidable". In our particular whippet discipline, one breeder was castigated for NOT using any of the more popular lines - this breeder went to an old, healthy line for the stud dog. This was done to pull forward old-line healthy genes back into the gene pool (I think!) and the tripe that was spouted about the use of this old, very healthy, level headed stud dog leaves one breathless! So you see, it's not just non-doggy people that spout over-exaggerated nonsense!

Back