The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Need Some Info Please!!!

jaycee-leigh

Registered
Reaction score
Hiya im a new member to this site....i have a 1 year old lurcher, shes a lovely little girl named sasha im wanting to get her into shows but not really sure how to go about it, i live in rotherham near sheffield and would appreciate anyones help thanks!!

Hi there and welcome to the site. Lurcher shows generally take place between March and October and are advertised all over the place, i.e here, Countrymans weekly and local hunt shows are advertised in local papers etc. You don't need any qualifications to show your dog, but going to as many as you can initially and speaking to peopel will help you learn about the right class and what you should do when you are in there. Generally, lurcher people are very friendly and only to happy to offer advice and assistance.

if u r interested in having a go at racing, lurcher link do racing 2nd sat in month at highgate in goldthorpe which im sure is near you. this will get your lurcher used to racing with other dogs.

they have a website which is www.lurchers.org

if u r interested in having a go at racing, lurcher link do racing 2nd sat in month at highgate in goldthorpe which im sure is near you. this will get your lurcher used to racing with other dogs.
they have a website which is www.lurchers.org
next one is 13th nov starts at 1pm 3pound to get in a pound a race

roger

Hey,

I dont do too may shows as i have an old lurcher but still, i find them in the country mans weekly? - not sure if that will help lol.

and welcome to k9- w're all a friendly bunch :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You want to get it out working this time of year!

Save the shows for summer when the hunting not up to much.

Nothing better than a dog that feeds itself.

Welcome to the site!!

Back