The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Naturediet

I recently bought and used a whole box of chicken Nature Diet and had no problems at all.

When I haven't been able to get ND I have used Chappie Chicken and Rice from tins for my greyhounds' breakfast. This seems as gentle on their stomachs as ND.

Try and stick to the Nature diet if you are not having problems yourselves because obviously the business is struggling and they deserve a chance. I heard about the accident too which is terribly tragic.

I just wanted to stand up for them because a lot of damage could be done on a forum like this.

Cerito

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree...but I'm still going to watch out for the dodgy looking packs. My dogs love it and they do well on it, so I'm reluctant to change.

I would imagine that in the heat wave you had/have, the normal practices handling and transporting such products are just not good enough. It does not take long for meat to go off, and care has to be also taken when defrosting it. I have seen chicken mince going green on the outside while there was still lump of ice in the middle. Best way to defrost is submerge the package into bucket of cold water. The water will stay cooler than the air, and the meat will defrost slower but evenly.

Also, if you pick it up from shop yourself, put your car airconditioning on high.

Seraphina said:
I would imagine that in the heat wave you had/have, the normal practices handling and transporting such products are just not good enough. 
Must admit, that was my first thought. I've had foil wrapped cat food do this and I wrote to the company complaining politely and they sent me a load of vouchers. It's probably worthwhile writing to the company and telling them where you purchased it so they can rectify the problem as I'm sure if they've had recent problems they'll be keen to satisfy and retain their customers.

The bowl of water thing is a good tip Seraphina :thumbsup: Everything seems to be perishing fast with the heat at the mo. :sweating:

Yep it's been reported on a showdog list that I'm on. People on there have stopped using it.

I've used Naturediet for about 6 years with no problems and infact they were very helpful when struggling with their supply. However, if they have had to shut down for a bit as someone said then its useful to have an alternative in mind. Hopefully they will be up and running again soon. When I asked what the problem was they told me they were changing packaging and that was causing the problems.

My two love Naturediet but I must admit that although I've had no problems yet I have noticed that the chicken and tripe was a bit stinky (yes I now tripe stinks!!! but it was stronger than usual).

I am reluctant to put them back on Natures menu as it didn't agree with their bottoms :x :lol:

I will probably try and get some of this Forthglade stuff and keep a watchful eye over the state of the Naturediet.

What was this accident??? I can probably guess actually :(

OK so I've read about the accident and it was what I thought :( did that happen at the old factory? Is that why they moved?

jezza said:
I will probably try and get some of this Forthglade stuff and keep a watchful eye over the state of the Naturediet.
What was this accident??? I can probably guess actually  :(

Well I can't guess what the accident was - is it a secret??

I use Naturezyme (PROBIOTIC) which comes under their umberella, but it is made and shipped over from America apparently.

Wonderful stuff and the only probiotic which suits my two.

Kirawan said:
Just googled it and found this - back in Feb 06

Elstead man dies after tragic accident at pet food factory

AN Elstead man was tragically killed last week after an accident involving factory machinery. Marcus Snow, 30, from Milford Road, Elstead, died last Wednesday after the accident at Naturediet Pet Foods in Pickhurst Road, Chiddingfold. Surrey Police and ambulance staff were called to the scene of the incident just before 12-45 pm. On their arrival, ambulance crews took over from a trained first aider who was giving first aid to Mr Snow. Ambulance crews continued with resuscitation on the scene and in the ambulance while he was taken to The Royal County Surrey Hospital in Guildford, but doctors lost the battle to save his life.

Zephyr said:
Kirawan said:

AN Elstead man was tragically killed last week after an accident involving factory machinery. Marcus Snow, 30, from Milford Road, Elstead, died last Wednesday after the accident at Naturediet Pet Foods in Pickhurst Road, Chiddingfold. Surrey Police and ambulance staff were called to the scene of the incident just before 12-45 pm. On their arrival, ambulance crews took over from a trained first aider who was giving first aid to Mr Snow. Ambulance crews continued with resuscitation on the scene and in the ambulance while he was taken to The Royal County Surrey Hospital in Guildford, but doctors lost the battle to save his life.

Thanks... I must lead a sheltered life, I would never have guessed in a thousand years and had not read about it.

Zephyr said:
Kirawan said:

i heard that he fill into one of the mixing vats. :x Came to a very massy end. :(

that is what 3 pet shops have told mil.

sharron said:
Zephyr said:
Kirawan said:

God, this is terrible. As I said, I had no probs with NatureDiet before the rotten meat fiasco. I know it's a burgeoning company etc, and I'd like to go on supporting them, but I sense they've got a lot to get right - and as it stands just getting hold of anything other than than their fish/ chicken mix seems impossible. Plus, my confidence has been really shaken after what happened to Freddie....

i heard that he fill into one of the mixing vats. :x Came to a very massy end. :(

I feed both my staffy's nature's menu and they love it the pouches are expensive but that to me doesn't matter as they are being fed natural ingredients and you can't put a price on your dogs health.

I've been feeding my lot on Nature Diet for a couple of years now with no problems, "Touch Wood" and have just bought a couple of boxes. I will have to go through them to check but don't think any of them looked odd.

I did find one packet which was off last week but the packet itself was split so I assumed this was why, I did drop a couple of them on the floor when putting them away :oops:

I am going to carry on using it as it suits all three of them. I used to use Natures Menu but when they changed the packaging from boxes to pouches my dogs went off it so the recipe must have changed too, it seemed sloppier to look at.

sharron said:
Zephyr said:
Kirawan said:

Sorry to resurrect an old post, but I am the partner of the late Marcus Snow, and came across this thread while doing a google search on his name. Because of legal situations currently going on with Naturediet I cannot comment further, but Marcus was not killed because he fell in to one of the mixing vats and this information is incorrect.

The truth will be able to come out and be posted in the future once the police, health and safety and the law has taken its slow course.

Although I appreciate (being an animal owner myself) that it is awkward and inconvenient to lose a trusted brand you like using, and that this issue from last year of supply is probably now resolved, please be aware that a very much loved person lost their life. Oh, and just to correct the quote above, Marcus was 40 at the time of his death, not 30 as stated in this report.

Thank you for listening, just needed to put this right - not offended, just want any misconceptions about Marcus's death put right, and look forward in due course to being able to share the full truth.

Sorry to resurrect an old post, but I am the partner of the late Marcus Snow, and came across this thread while doing a google search on his name. Because of legal situations currently going on with Naturediet I cannot comment further, but Marcus was not killed because he fell in to one of the mixing vats and this information is incorrect.

The truth will be able to come out and be posted in the future once the police, health and safety and the law has taken its slow course.

Although I appreciate (being an animal owner myself) that it is awkward and inconvenient to lose a trusted brand you like using, and that this issue from last year of supply is probably now resolved, please be aware that a very much loved person lost their life. Oh, and just to correct the quote above, Marcus was 40 at the time of his death, not 30 as stated in this report.

Thank you for listening, just needed to put this right - not offended, just want any misconceptions about Marcus's death put right, and look forward in due course to being able to share the full truth.

So sorry to hear of your tragic loss, I'm new on here so hadn't seen earlier posts, but you've been through so much, and by the sounds of it you still are.

Best Wishes for your future and a satisfactory end to the investigations.

yes i too have only just seen this and id like to pass on my condolences to you.i hope you get resolution and a satisfactory conclusion to this terrible tragedy :luck: :thumbsup:

Back