Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

N.ireland Lurcher Events

stormydog

Registered
Reaction score
SUNDAY JUNE 10TH @ NUTTS CORNER

SUNDAY JUNE 17TH "ALL-IRELANDS" @ SHANES CASTLE

SATURDAY JUNE 30TH @ ANNAGHMORE

SUNDAY 5 AUGUST "32 COUNTIES CHALLENGE" DUNDONALD (NDLTC)

SATURDAY 25 AUGUST @ TULLYLISH

if anyone knows anymore shows..add them in !

j :) hn

Were thinking of doing one down here John.But will people travel,as you dont see to many of the regular's,when they have to travel a bit more than just around their own county sort of thing.I know the racer's do,but hey,isnt it us who are the dedicated one's. Billy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to divert the thread theme chaps, but hows Megan doing Billy?? :unsure:

Barrontop Fun Farm, Donemana, Co Tyrone (not far from Strabane and Derry) July 28: lurcher, terrier and family dog show

judging starts 12.00, lurcher and terrier racing after the show

ifyou didn't pick up a leaflet (someone was handing thm out at Randalstown), you could pmail me for the phone no.

also it's a fundraiser for Foyle Hospice so if you ring the hospice office someone can probably give you directions or contact info

I don't know who is organising the racing.

peony said:
Sorry to divert the thread theme chaps, but hows Megan doing Billy?? :unsure:
Only came on this tonight Caroline,and i apologize for not answering it.Megan has done her wrist,and is probibly finished as far as racing goes.Tara has now done a gracilies mussle in the back right,and will probibly be finished now as well.But these thing's happen,and we cant do nowt to prevent them.On the brighter side,if there is one,i will have time to start doin summit with the pup's now.Took Jake out tonight with one of the greyhound bitches,and he flew around the field.Iwas realy impressed with him,although the ligament's have gone on a couple of occasion's,as i fallowed the advice of the vet,and kept him closed up for a month.Soon as he tried to go again he done the thing's all over again.Took him to the Italion the next time,and he said to let it heal normaly,and that the pup would know his own limit's.These are the top greyhound vet's in Ireland,and both have different idea's about the best way's to heal injuries.There is an old saying that hold's so true in the greyhound world,and that is that the best healer of all is time,and time cost nowt. ...Billy...PS.Will be breedin Megan next time round.

Macha said:
Barrontop Fun Farm, Donemana, Co Tyrone (not far from Strabane and Derry) July 28: lurcher, terrier and family dog showjudging starts 12.00, lurcher and terrier racing after the show

ifyou didn't pick up a leaflet (someone was handing thm out at Randalstown), you could pmail me for the phone no.

also it's a fundraiser for Foyle Hospice so if you ring the hospice office someone can probably give you directions or contact info

I don't know who is organising the racing.

I will be.And hopefully all will go well.As i have nothing to race,i promise not to slow the lure down for some,or speed it up for other's.I havent seen the field yet,but will do this week.I will also make sure it is spot on,or he will be told the whole thing is off,as i will publish show abandoned ,here on K9.I also intend to keep the lure no further than 100 yrds in front of the dog's,for the benefit of those dog's with bad eyesight,that cant see further than this distance.If in the meantime,some people get their dog's to the optician's for contact lenses or summit,i promise to shorten the distance between dog and lure.Please do not take this to heart John Humphry's.

I know a couple of people who would like to try racing their Jack Russell terriers at Donemana. The dogs I saw at Randalstown were, I think, Border terriers and Border/Lakeland crosses. Will you facilitate Jack Russell racing at Donemana if there is a demand for it? (do JRs and Border terriers race well together?)

I very much agree with the muzzling rule and I have an axe to grind because at Randalstown they didn't require muzzles for the mid-day "fun races" in the arena. My own dogs were muzzled but one of them got a few bites on his behind from an unmuzzled lurcher who ran at "Sam" when the dogs were returning to their handlers after the race.

It is more difficult to find basket muzzles for terriers and whippets/small lurchers than for dogs who can be fitted with greyhound muzzles. Also, of course there will be newcomers who arrive unprepared. Could the North Down Club get a consignment of various size basket muzzles to sell at events, including this one? (the Antrim club did have muzzles to lend out but not for the whippets, and - foolishly - they didn't bother for the "fun races")

Macha said:
I know a couple of people who would like to try racing their Jack Russell terriers at Donemana. The dogs I saw at Randalstown were, I think, Border terriers and Border/Lakeland crosses. Will you facilitate Jack Russell racing at Donemana if there is a demand for it? (do JRs and Border terriers race well together?)
I very much agree with the muzzling rule and I have an axe to grind because at Randalstown they didn't require muzzles for the mid-day "fun races" in the arena. My own dogs were muzzled but one of them got a few bites on his behind from an unmuzzled lurcher who ran at "Sam" when the dogs were returning to their handlers after the race.

It is more difficult to find basket muzzles for terriers and whippets/small lurchers than for dogs who can be fitted with greyhound muzzles. Also, of course there will be newcomers who arrive unprepared. Could the North Down Club get a consignment of various size basket muzzles to sell at events, including this one? (the Antrim club did have muzzles to lend out but not for the whippets, and - foolishly - they didn't bother for the "fun races")

Sorry Macha,but all terrier's will have to run togrther

billyboy45 said:
Macha said:

Sorry Macha,but all terrier's will have to run togrther

10 words wen u coudve used usual 79 mr harper...cat got ur tongue or is it chasing them xscaped burds !

anyone for Annaghmore this weekend?

is it definitely on Sat again (not Sun)?

Macha said:
anyone for Annaghmore this weekend?is it definitely on Sat again (not Sun)?

where is annaghmore and what time racig start at ? Does it run late the last racing i was at ran late i am just coming of night dute sat morning so if late i could get a sleep by boyce

Back