The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

My Present From Oh

I bought the same clock a few weeks back, from our local bargain shop. I think it looks a bit of class 8) much more than the £2.99 i paid for it. Im well pleased with it :thumbsup:

quintessence said:
Can I be really, really cheeky and ask if it has a makers' mark, sticker, etc  anywhere on it or the box.  It's just a thought but if it's traceable then I could get everyone who wants one, one and bring them to Crufts. That's if you don't mind Elizabeth. It's easy to get anything past 'he who pays all the business accounts' at the moment provided it's dog related and has a little note on saying Crufts stock.  :- "
Sorry, none at all (apart from the mechanism which is a standard part) :(

jenny are you going to the spring fair in feb at the n.e.c.?i bet someone there is importing them.ill keep an eye out for these.we dont sell things like this but ive got a few contacts i can ask. :- "

The picture itself is a slightly changed copya detail of an old painting. In the origininal the dogs are white (in the front) and the other one is black with white blaze. I cannot remember where i saw the whole thing (book, Louvre?) but i sent a card of this detail to a friend last year. :)

Seraphina said:
The picture itself is a slightly changed copya detail of an old painting.  In the origininal the dogs are white (in the front) and the other one is black with white blaze.  I cannot remember where i saw the whole thing (book, Louvre?) but i sent a card of this detail to a friend last year.  :)
I was going to ask about that, I couldn't place it. If you ever remember I'd love to know.

Also if could someone help identify a lovely painting of a blue/white hound, very clearly a whippet not an IG, in the arms of a young Prince Louis (I'm guessing early/mid 18th c), I saw it in the Eurostar magazine; I did keep it for reference but things tend to get lost easily hereabouts...

really nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup: give you a fiver for it :- "

yep I like it too! would be nice in our kitchen :)) but as we live over here I think that a boat fare and diesel might be a bit much for a £2.99 clock! (w00t) no matter how nice it is.

Maybe someone will have something similar at Crufts on one of the trade stands??

wish I lived over there now :(

I like it - what a brill pressie :D

I agree, it looks great in your kitchen

Thats a nice clock :)) i have two large pictures hanging up in sitting room,one is the same as your clock,and the other one is the white dog with the black dog behind it :)) the artist looks like Elaine voltherlst :blink: elaines right but not to sure on the surname spelling.......

moriarte said:
Seraphina said:
The picture itself is a slightly changed copya detail of an old painting.  In the origininal the dogs are white (in the front) and the other one is black with white blaze.  I cannot remember where i saw the whole thing (book, Louvre?) but i sent a card of this detail to a friend last year.  :)
I was going to ask about that, I couldn't place it. If you ever remember I'd love to know.

Also if could someone help identify a lovely painting of a blue/white hound, very clearly a whippet not an IG, in the arms of a young Prince Louis (I'm guessing early/mid 18th c), I saw it in the Eurostar magazine; I did keep it for reference but things tend to get lost easily hereabouts...

Don't you just hate it when you cannot remember something like this! However, I did recalled little bit more; I am pretty sure it was a fresco (Italy?) with the dogs being only a small part. Trust me not to remember what the whole thing was. I guess my mind just filters out the unimportant bits. I remember those dogs in detail! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have exactly that print hanging in my house, there is another one by the same artist which has 2 whippets in it, but it is not the same as the card that is in the post above.

I'm surprised they are allowed to copy it.

Trishm

Thanks Seraphina, that's interesting. It looks quite early. My favourite pic when I was very little was an early Renaissance martyrdom of St Sebastian in a book, which had my parents very worried until they realised I was actually looking at the greyhound standing just behind the pincushioned Saint :b :lol:

Trishm7 said:
I'm surprised they are allowed to copy it.
Erm, I don't think that makes much difference in China! The clock version has been scanned from a printed document, I can see the traces of the descreening process (but very well done :thumbsup: :b ), so there's probably more than one copyright issue here (w00t) :lol:

Been too busy to go shopping this week, I'll try and pop in and see if they've got any more once this current work nightmare has ended!

Back