The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

My Pony!

i made a promise to the pair of them and i have so far upheld that promise, the old boy wont go on forever but i will be ther if i have to when the time comes however hard it is , the least i can do after the years of fun and joy they have given me? my other specail pony or should really say specail needs!!! was honey bea, she looked like a shetland cross shire and at 12.2 she had a full size bridle!!! not the most attractive of ponys but what a pony!!! i first jumped 5ft on her!!! she was put down at 46 yrs old , she took me round many big courses and never once let me down :wub:

Not that she needed much consideration, she was a very confident rider, here she is only just 3y.o. And these ponies were no angels. :)

posh totty said:
Janimal said:
All gorgeous horses :wub:   :wub: Tanya is your boy an appaloosa?....just fabulous  :huggles:

he is also from the origianl stock of knabstrups imported from denmark , he has the biggest character you have ever met!!!

he was broken as a 3yr old by his breeder to pull a costers waggon through london!!! he is as hard mouthed as hell as he was broken in a liverpool and then to ride in a long shank pelham :wacko: but he showed an amazing talent at jumping so the grandson then rode him and we bought him , he took me to some great heights , i won enough money on him to JA him too , as i also done with zola the mare i lost last year to cancer, whilst being trained by lionel dunning of the great jungle bunny fame!! i remember him laying down a cheque over 20 yrs ago for £10,000 for him and my parents said no , they knew i loved him!! but sadly a horrific fall stopped my parents from allowing me to jump anymore so he was sold but the day he left i vowed when i had my own money he would come home to me again , and he did!!! we went back jumping and at 24 he took 5th place in the national showjumping finals!!! i have never known a pony with so much heart :wub:

this is zola at 25 the year b4 the cancer took hold, she had anal and vulval cancer then oral too and she went 13 july 06 with m holding her then i held her til she went , i kept my promise to be there til she took her last breath

zola.jpg

Lionel Dunning used to live just up the road from us at Catherington, where does he live now.?

bless her does she still ride?? its so good being that age with no fear and doing just what you wana do!! sadly im a lady of that age with responsibilities and find i still ride most nutters but stop to actually think now!!! (w00t) and on occasions ive turned down rides!! :(

when im all grown up i will have a quarter horse and i want an old cutting stallion with a bit of a mean streak and buy a few cows to round up !! well thats my dream anyway!! :D :wacko:

quintessence said:
posh totty said:
Janimal said:
All gorgeous horses :wub:   :wub: Tanya is your boy an appaloosa?....just fabulous  :huggles:

he is also from the origianl stock of knabstrups imported from denmark , he has the biggest character you have ever met!!!

he was broken as a 3yr old by his breeder to pull a costers waggon through london!!! he is as hard mouthed as hell as he was broken in a liverpool and then to ride in a long shank pelham :wacko: but he showed an amazing talent at jumping so the grandson then rode him and we bought him , he took me to some great heights , i won enough money on him to JA him too , as i also done with zola the mare i lost last year to cancer, whilst being trained by lionel dunning of the great jungle bunny fame!! i remember him laying down a cheque over 20 yrs ago for £10,000 for him and my parents said no , they knew i loved him!! but sadly a horrific fall stopped my parents from allowing me to jump anymore so he was sold but the day he left i vowed when i had my own money he would come home to me again , and he did!!! we went back jumping and at 24 he took 5th place in the national showjumping finals!!! i have never known a pony with so much heart :wub:

this is zola at 25 the year b4 the cancer took hold, she had anal and vulval cancer then oral too and she went 13 july 06 with m holding her then i held her til she went , i kept my promise to be there til she took her last breath

zola.jpg

Lionel Dunning used to live just up the road from us at Catherington, where does he live now.?

im really not sure now? this was back in the 80`s oh lord i feel sooooo old now!!! his wife was very sharp but very good too he was a bit more of a joker? they had a child then cant remember his name but he will be all grown up and in 20`s now!!! :b

wow.... SOME NICE LOOKING ANIMALS THERE. :thumbsup:

well u all have me going now, so heres my Boys:

PICT0039.jpg

Charlie trying to kiss mum :* , Charlie is my Intermediate Show Riding Type, had him since he was 3yrs old, now 13. He will never ever be sold - again bit of the blank cheque offer with this boy- turned it down.... too much in :wub:

PICT0036.jpg
Arthur - my up and coming Show Jumper, he was imported from the Lummen belgium stud,

and this is Buddy (the lil pony i rescued from gypseys with a broken Jaw), again due to Buds circumstances he will also have a home for life- Hes now my lil cousin Brandans pony
brandanbuddy021.jpg

:huggles: Its hard to describe what i feel for these horses, and the love they show me. Un-horsey people wouldnt understand how affectionate these animals can be :wub:

hi really lovely big babies, i have a irish draught x conemara mare called cali she is a darling to and we also have a skewbald cob mare called tilly, who belongs to my mum but lives here with us, iot is true love, u r right un-horsey peeps just wouldnt understand, cant do photos yet, i havent learnt how. :))

Ah Ha! Found a horse thread!!!!

Here's my equine family ........ all TB point to pointers (except lil'ole Twig!!)

Ivory Fort (aka Laddie) & Black Grouse (aka Spook)

LadSpook.jpg

Black A Brook (aka Rookie) & her baby, Furby (not officially named yet) b. 7/5/07

DSCF0040.jpg

Twiggy (39 years old) ex ride & drive (retired) now an invaluable companion to the TBs!!

DSCF0078.jpg

Oooh Ruby looks just like a new forest - is she?

I have had a horse and a driving pony - used to ride with the RDA - Liberty was a 15hh cob who unfortunately threw me and I broke my pelvis (ouch) so she was sold and then I turned to competative carriage driving. Got Ben the devil pony and used to drive him, and also drove the RDA driving ponies. Had to stop driving and sold Ben when I split with my ex :( nearest I get to equines now is looking at the horses the field opposite the house Im now living in. :(

Ben

devilpony.jpg

RDA driving pony (my groom had just hopped out at journeys end to take the pic)

blazecominghome.jpg

Hope rosie - we arent exacrtly sure becasue she has no papers, my guess is she was bred at a top pony stud (whether its welsh are new forest) and she was born with crooked back legs so they dumped her at auction :( :rant:

Back