The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

My Beloved Dessie

dessie

Registered
Reaction score
:wub: :wub: Back home where she belongs :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: Dessie2.jpg

Awww Beautiful :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I know you said you would have her mounted Caroline , but I never seriously thought you would :(

Sorry , not for me , I love Mayzee more than any words could say how I feel , but when she goes to `Rainbow Bridge ` I will bury her next to her mother Badger and Simon ,

Wouldnt do for us all to be the same .

It does look lovely of her but Mayzee will live on in my heart ,

Is Dessie still protecting her bed from any cheekie young un's that would try to share it? :)

What do the other dogs make of her?

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as it makes you happy Dessie - thats all that matters. :) I couldnt do it either ...but everyone has there ways of coping with loss differently too. :thumbsup:

She looks lovely Caroline, but I just couldn't do it myself...and yes, I would like to know what the others think :eek:

I agree she looks lovely Caroline, but afraid not my choice either :( Always buried our animals, but i also agree everyone deals with death differently and if thats what makes you happy then thats fine :thumbsup: :huggles:

*Lesley* said:
Awww Beautiful :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

I still hold with my comment, but have to admit at time of posting to not knowing the circumstances :b sorry Dessie, however I do think it is down to personal choice, and if that's what makes you happy then I think you've done the right thing :thumbsup:

Gosh....what a lifelike pose. She looks so real.

I didn't dare ask earlier. My only worry would be what your other whippets and dogs would think.

I understand the sentiment though, as I know she was very special to you.

*Lesley* said:
*Lesley* said:
Awww Beautiful :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

I still hold with my comment, but have to admit at time of posting to not knowing the circumstances :b sorry Dessie, however I do think it is down to personal choice, and if that's what makes you happy then I think you've done the right thing :thumbsup:

:( I didn't know either, Lesley. I'm so glad there were other posts to tip me off. She's certainly very lifelike! Beautiful pose.

My OH has always said he would have our cat Jasper's head mounted on a sheild (in snarl-mode) when he goes off to the Bridge. I'd be interested in the person's details, Dessie. Do they do cats, too?

I don't think it's for me, personally, either. But I can see why you want this. It's very interesting. There's a question I want to ask, but feel a bit awkward - does she smell the same? My pets' smells are so important, especially Josie's lovely "biscuit" smell. I'd want to capture that too :unsure:

oh gosh i didnt know youd had this done. :huggles: im glad other folk alerted me to it first.no its not for me,mine are buried in the garden,but hey,whatever makes you feel better. :)) i think noone has the right to comment on how someone copes with grief.its too personal and individual.if it makes you happy and gives you good memories of her then i think its wonderful hun :thumbsup:

Well, it looks very nicely done (freeze drying?). Don't think I could do it myself though ( I had cold shivers last week when I was home, seeing all the slight hollows in the lawn where dogs and cats of yore lie :( )

I'd be fascinated to know how the other dogs react though.

Elizabeth

I can really see why you did it. I simply can't bear the thought of not having my babies around. If I didn't know my OH would disaprove I think I might do the same.

It must be lovely having her there, even if its not quite the same.

What does she feel like to touch?

I keep coming back to this thread Caroline....I am not sure why, but it is fascinating. Dessie looks very at peace and the way she has been posed is just amazing...I am struggling with it....Does it make you feel upset to see her, or are you comforted?

She does look lovely and peaceful Caroline :huggles: but don't think I could have it done but as the others say we're all differant and deal with things in our own way :huggles:

Joanna said:
I keep coming back to this thread Caroline....I am not sure why, but it is fascinating. Dessie looks very at peace and the way she has been posed is just amazing...I am struggling with it....Does it make you feel upset to see her, or are you comforted?
I feel same too! keep coming back to this thread

sorry but not my cup of tea, when they go let them rest in peace not be stuffed.

I have got to say the photo doesn't do her justice !

I went with Caroline to pick her up, we both walked into the place slighty nervous, we didn't know what to expect. We had seen loads of his wonderful work on foxes, birds etc but Dessie was going to be differant, we knew her personality.

Well we looked round the door and there was DESSIE, she could just have been sleeping !

I kept looking at her on the back seat of the car all the way home, she looked so peacefull.

I have got to say its not a thing I would have got done but I can see why Caroline has done it............ She's beautifull ! :wub:

The reaction from the other dogs was amazing too. They could see her laying on the floor in the sitting room and all were very alert and intrested. One by one they were let in to meet her, they had a good sniff and just walked away to get on with normal stuff.

She's not Stuffed Mark just molded :thumbsup:

Back