The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Moulting

trac

A pet is for life
Registered
Reaction score
:( i know i have asked about this before & i use the rubber glove for grooming as was kindly suggested, but Tia is still moulting a lot, she only has to brush past you & you are covered in hairs, i put a clean cover on the bed for her last night & this morning i have had to wash it as it's full of hair, i have noticed that she does at times have a bit of dandruff( dont know if that's what you call it in dogs :- " ) i dont know what else to do!!

Hi Trac,

I dont know if you kept Tia on the Pro Plan Chicken?

They do a Salmon variety which has Omega oils in?

Ian

Evening Primrose Oil is very good for the coat.

Try Dorwest Herbs Evening Primrose oil capsules. Beau suffers from a dandruff like substance in his coat particularly in winter when the heating is on. He has one of these capsules per day every day and the problem is literally unnoticeable. It also helps with moulting.

moulting in house dogs is more prolonged than in dogs kept in kennels.kennel dogs tend to have less skin problems too cos they arent kept in an overheated house!my shibas moult like crazy twice a year and if you think a whippet moults you should see a shiba!wow,you could stuff cushions! (w00t) evening primrose is good also try pulling the dead hairs out with a hacksaw blade pulled along the coat.it only takes out the dead hair which allows the new hair to grow through quicker.the quicker they lose the dead hair the quicker the regrowth of new hair is :thumbsup:

Ian of Beetelian said:
Hi Trac,I dont know if you kept Tia on the Pro Plan Chicken?

They do a Salmon variety which has Omega oils in?

Ian

Hi Ian yes Tia is still on pro plan, may try her on the salmon one :thumbsup:

:cheers: thanks for the advice off to buy primrose oil capsules!!

Try brushing her down with a hacksaw blade it gets rid of all the loose hairs.

Back