The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Mighty Colt`s Latest Injury...

Martin Tucker said:
Hard to tell from the photo, but it looks like a torn gracillus muscle ! If it is, very nasty ! Worth your while to take a spin down to Gerry Scullion in Leitrim to get him checked out. In the meantime get the cold hose on that spot ! May bleed down and end up with a big swollen foot, but don`t worry about that if it does.
So that's where Gerry went Martin.There was all of us thinking he had done a runner to Ausy land.Well that's what we was told when he disapeared. Good to here he can still be reached mate. (Good vet him)John,if that's the Gracillus,im gutted for you mate,but im hoping it's the one behind it that's only been damaged.Martin would probibly have seen quite a bit of this.Trouble did'nt bruise as much as that.Finger's xxxx mate. ...Billy...

Gerry was indeed in Australia for a while taking some time out ! He is now in a practise in Mohill Co.Leitrim and there is a lot of people `visiting` him.

Top man with a dog and a nice bloke to go with it. John you should get Gerry to check him out, his number is 00353 719671440.

Martin Tucker said:
Gerry was indeed in Australia for a while taking some time out ! He is now in a practise in Mohill Co.Leitrim and there is a lot of people `visiting` him.
Top man with a dog and a nice bloke to go with it. John you should get Gerry to check him out, his number is 00353 719671440.

martin thanks for that number..we wondered where he went to. ill defo give him a ring. when he was up here he was a top bloke and reasonble to pay aswell.

before colt gets doing anything off-lead he will have seen gerry first !

Last edited by a moderator:
He`s only half an hour from me, so be sure to call in when your down this far !

Regards.

I agree it looks like gracillus damage, I was told when Bryn tore his muscle that surgery was too late as it needs to be within hours as the muscle tracts up & is difficult to repair, that was our local greyhound vets opinion also happened about 3 years ago so things may have changed since then.

Lots of :luck: :luck: with Colt

mao said:
I agree it looks like gracillus damage, I was told when Bryn tore his muscle that surgery was too late as it needs to be within hours as the muscle tracts up & is difficult to repair, that was our local greyhound vets opinion also happened about 3 years ago so things may have changed since then. Lots of  :luck:   :luck: with Colt

Was also going to say that our other dog who damaged his gracillus muscle more severely than Bryn is back coursing, it took several months & lots of patience.

Again :luck: :luck: to you & Colt

alrite folks hows it goin long time no see due to work commitments :rant: looks like he got that leg pritty bad hope youre all still goin to sellby? :cheers:

guss said:
alrite folks hows it goin long time no see due to work commitments :rant:   looks like he got that leg pritty bad hope youre all still goin to sellby? :cheers:
dont worry guss ive still got the "pocket rocket" to race there, colts laid-up for a while. . .so hell be cheering his fiancee on from the sidelines .

had "pinkholly" at mine today giving him the once over. ill be posting separatley on this tomorrow when i get another inspection at his damage.

swelling is really reduced today.

hopefully sky should be on the ball this year done well at shanes castle gettin 2nd to torie fingers crossed 8)

Back