The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Male Whippet In Bristol Animal Sanctuary

What wonderful news - brought a tear to my eye to see him settled in your house Helen. :wub: :huggles: :wub: Good on you for adopting him. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: How are Josie and Lola with him? I like the ideas for a new name.

what a fantastic ending for him! well done you :huggles: he is sooooo :wub: :wub:

Josie and Lola seem fine with him. Lola has had a few goes at teaching him how to play and he seems quite open to jumping about with her. Josie is a bit trembly and worried, and has told him off for sniffing her chew bone (they had one each, but he was chekcing hers out). It's bound to take time. At the moment they're all sleeping in seperate beds next to me in my study while I work.

I want to say a big thank you to Jodie (jodster74) for posting this thread and for generally helping and supporting me while I made my decision :huggles: :huggles:

:cheers: Cheers, Jodie :cheers:

I've got a stupid big grin on my face! :D :D :D I'm so pleased you've adopted him Helen! A good diet and no stress will soon sort those bald patches out although he may always be a bit thin in winter (my greyhound Freddie is). He's lovely and I can't wait to see some more photos in a couple of months when he will look like he's always been with you!! :huggles: :huggles:

I love the name Skipper too. He's a lovely luck lad! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Brought a tear to my eye too! :b So glad this poor little lad has ended up with someone as knowledgeable and loving as you Helen, and can't wait to see pictures of him in a few weeks or months looking well covered and bouncy and back to the happy little chap he ought to be. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm sure he will be a wonderful addition to your family :wub: :huggles: :wub:

:teehee: I had a feeling it might be you Helen...I think this was meant to be. I think we were all keeping our fingers crossed you would succomb. :)

I do hope he settles in well and gets on with Josie and Lola. I'm sure he will. :luck:

Those tiles are fab...I bet they don't show the dirt :D

well done on adopting him :wub: , skippy is a lovely name , as you say a happy ring to it :D

Name update (w00t)

My older daughter wasn't keen on Skipper - she said a skip was something you put rubbish in :b so we said "Come up with something better that we're all happy with" :lol:

And she did! As soon as she said it, we all knew it was the right name. It just fits him perfectly.

So I will now formally introduce you to Montgomery, or Monty for short... or, as my husband has just called him, the Mon-ster (w00t)

It's funny how you know when something's right.

:cheers: Congratulations on your new addition. He looks a little sweetheart and it will be so rewarding watching him fill out and come out of his shell. He's a lucky boy. Keep the pics coming :thumbsup: :))

~Helen~ said:
Name update (w00t)
My older daughter wasn't keen on Skipper - she said a skip was something you put rubbish in :b   so we said "Come up with something better that we're all happy with" :lol:

And she did! As soon as she said it, we all knew it was the right name. It just fits him perfectly.

So I will now formally introduce you to Montgomery, or Monty for short... or, as my husband has just called him, the Mon-ster (w00t)

It's funny how you know when something's right.

I think Monty suits him really well, so a good choice from your daughter. :thumbsup: :huggles: :thumbsup:

I'm so pleased, his sad little face has been haunting me since I first saw it too :wub: , it reminded me so much of Gelert. Good luck with him, I'm sure he'll bloom in your care :luck: :huggles:

LOVE the tiles by the way :wub: , if you're ever having a clear out :- " You didn't take that fabulous fireplace with you when you moved by any chance?

Bless him, Monty looks a perfect little chap :wub: :wub: ......I'm glad hes in a nice warm home now :thumbsup:

Aww great news! :cheers: Congratulations on your new addition Helen :cheers:

What fantastic news, Monty is lovely & what a wonderful life hes going to have :thumbsup: well done to you & your family Helen :cheers: Everyone should have a gorgeous black boy whippet :huggles:

:cheers: [SIZE=21pt]CONGRATULATIONS HELEN AND MONTY[/SIZE] :cheers:

[SIZE=14pt]congratulations[/SIZE] :thumbsup: ,

montys very lucky,good luck with him helen :luck: :luck: :luck:

Brilliant news :D

Thank goodness your car talked you into it :lol:

Love his new name, very regal and loyal sounding - I'm sure he'll live up to it :wub:

It's heart breaking that he hasnt been exercised let alone had any company :(

What wonderful news :thumbsup: and a lovely addition to your family Helen :wub:

I'm sure he will be best mates with Josie and Lola very soon. :luck: :luck:

Congratulations and well done for adopting Monty :huggles:

Oh wow! Nearly missed this, what a lucky lad he has really fallen on his feet with you and your family and 2 gorgeous girlies :wub:

I hope it all works out for you :luck:

My brothers dog name is Skipper, and its a great name and leads to other nicknames like 'chicken dipper' 'kipper' etc etc :lol:

~Helen~ said:
Josie and Lola seem fine with him. Lola has had a few goes at teaching him how to play and he seems quite open to jumping about with her. Josie is a bit trembly and worried, and has told him off for sniffing her chew bone (they had one each, but he was chekcing hers out). It's bound to take time. At the moment they're all sleeping in seperate beds next to me in my study while I work.
I want to say a big thank you to Jodie (jodster74) for posting this thread and for generally helping and supporting me while I made my decision  :huggles:   :huggles:  

:cheers: Cheers, Jodie  :cheers:

Helen - Lovely pics he looks soo much better already :wub: :wub:

and sounds like Monty is fitting in well.... Cant wait to see him away from the sanctuary... :teehee:

Can I just say that everyone at the sanctuary has said what a pleasure it was to deal with you and all the staff are just as pleased as the K9'rs about Monty's new forever home :cheers: :cheers:

Back