The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Male Whippet In Bristol Animal Sanctuary

jodster74

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

Details are a bit sketchy at the mo but the animal sanctuary where I volunteer has just had a black male whippet signed over to them.

Apparently he is 4 years of age, excellent nature.

If you are in the Bristol area and would like further details, please send me a private message.

No pics as yet (hope to get some tomorrow)

Hope this little man finds a forever home :luck:

Anyway of finding out who his breeders are incase they are happy to take him back :- "

nina said:
Hope this little man finds a forever home  :luck:
Anyway of finding out who his breeders are incase they are happy to take him back  :- "

I am going to the sanctuary today to try and get some more info.. (and will take a piccy).. will keep you all posted..

Hope to get him somewhere soon as this is not good weather for whippys to be in cold kennels :(

nina said:
Hope this little man finds a forever home  :luck:
Anyway of finding out who his breeders are incase they are happy to take him back  :- "

Hi All,

Just been to the sanctuary and got some more info...

He is a 4 year old neutered male whippet. Black in colour, on the small side.

He was bought out of the local free ads paper and there are no papers so dont think we will be able to trace his breeder.

He is a lovely dog, very affectionate. He has an allergy which hasnt been treated and so his fur in quite thin in places, in some completely bald!

His owner has handed him over as she is moving into rented accomodation and they wont allow animals!

I really hope we can help this little guy out.. I have offered to foster but they want to keep him at the sanctuary for now as it is easier to rehome him but they have said that they will let me know if he starts to look down and then I will take him in for now....

I have taken down some jumpers and coats to keep him warm.. but all he really wants is a lap to cuddle in to....

No pics as yet (have taken some on my phone but cat email them yet! will have to enlist hubbies help tonight...)

If you do know of anyone that might be interested please let me know, it has to be in Bristol because of the sanctuary's home check policy so please spread the word.

Thanks in advance

Resized_CROP_IMG_0001.jpg

Resized_CROP_IMG_0007.jpg

might be able to find a home for this guy. I have three whipps but maybe OH could be persuaded :- " for another. I have a bitch and two boys who all get on great.

You say he is small . I have large, medium and small. He needs to be out soon tho

martigo said:
might be able to find a home for this guy. I have three whipps but maybe  OH could be persuaded  :- " for another. I have a bitch and two boys who all get on great.You say he is small . I have large, medium and small. He needs to be out soon tho

Hi - I have sent you a PM with more details..

Am keeping everything crossed for this little guy :luck:

Good luck, hope it all works out & well done you for caring :luck: :huggles:

Everything crossed :luck: for this little lad :huggles: :wub:

Hope he gets a new home soon :thumbsup: :luck:

Hi All,

Been to the sanctuary today.. there have been a few enquiries but no-one has been down and reserved him yet.. Got some photos while I was there.. as you can see from some, his hair loss around his back legs is quite bad... but the guys at the sanctuary are working to feed him up and make him better...

Apologies about the pics but I wasnt able to go in the kennel with him as they have a tummy bug going round at the moment so they are having to be extra careful that it doesnt get spread.

Anyone interested in finding out more, please PM me and I will give you more details. (Only stipulation is that it has to be Bristol or surrounding areas because of the sactuary's home check policy...)

Resized_IMG_0015.jpg

Resized_IMG_0006.jpg

View attachment 39721

Resized_IMG_0007.jpg

Aww :huggles: bless him :huggles: I hope he gets a special home soon poor lad. :luck: :luck:

Jodster - you must be very caring to go and visit this little lad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor lad, hope he finds that special :huggles: home soon

Hope he gets a new home soon :thumbsup:

With Whippet Rescue having a waiting list, Ive no idea why he's still there :( :(

well done you for giving him coats to keep him warm and cuddles to keep him happy. :huggles: hope he gets a lovely new home soon poor little love :luck: :thumbsup:

If potential owners lived outside of the Bristol area for a homecheck, would a homecheck confirmation from another rescue organisation do?.

This may increase his chances of a home a bit quicker.

I understand the concern the sanctuary have in trying to get the best proper home for him and want to make sure they have done the right thing for him.

Just a few thoughts...........

Did this boy get re-homed or have any interest in him? :luck:

martigo said:
Did this boy get re-homed or have any interest in him?    :luck:
I'm looking for a playmate for my Whippet but live in Norfolk.

If anyone knows of a whippet (similar) needing a home, please let me know.

Cat and child friendly.

Tracey

Back