The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Making Own Whippet Coats

tyrerchristine

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, i was hoping to try and have a go at making a coat and pjs for my new whippet puppy but didnt know if there was a patern you have to follow for the shape you need or if it is just a standard dog coat shape? I know you can buy them cheap enough but i can use a sewing machine and have some nice fabric so thought id give it a go. Does anyone know if there is a website that you can get ideas from for these? Thanks

i just measuer my dogs to draft up pattrensb if its a pup though add a good coulpe of inches as they grow so fast and can be out of a coat in a week

Thanks for the quick reply, i dont have the pup home yet lol he is only about 14days old lol but just want to be prepaired :)

Thanks for the quick reply, i dont have the pup home yet lol he is only about 14days old lol but just want to be prepaired :)
you wont need anything for him till hes had his jabs and can go out and fleecey coats are ususly best for puppys as the have a bit of give in them use velcro fasting on the front and round the wast/ chest aria as that will ajust better for growing room.

Back