The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Lure Coursing/gathering

I just asked a question :unsure: the entry fee is in big writing at the beginning of the thread it wasn't a secret so why would the reason for charging it be?

[SIZE=14pt]The charging was no secret it was just no one elses buisness other than those who run the club [/SIZE]

I think you'll find in most cases the Lurcher people will have a smaller stake and smaller prize ...

Strike Whippets said:
I think you'll find in most cases the Lurcher people will have a smaller stake and smaller prize ...
Thats a fact & if it grows in to a bigger stake the entry fee will increase as will the prize :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
June Jonigk said:
Personally I would find it a bit of an insult to pay twice as much as someone running a lurcher - and I would not attend for this reason.  I can see that you might want to attract lurcher people, but there must be a better way than fleecing whippet people.  That's just my view - not that I was attending anyway - just thought if you could see how you are upsetting others by discriminating, you might think better of it next time.
On a different note - I have edited some posts as they were a direct attack on another member - not the first time I have to add.  If it continues, the offending people will be put on preview, as that is the only way we can stop people posting insults :thumbsup:

No one is fleecing whippet people £10 is the charge of almost all lure coursing for whippets Lurchers pay £1 at the lurcher events.

[SIZE=21pt]UPDATE[/SIZE]

Whippets

1 Stavass Moonlighting Entered

2 Pennymeadow Poppy Entered

3 Greatcoates Pistol Pete Entered

4 Pennymeadow Blackjack Of Rabbitrunner Entered

5 Lady Beatrice Entered

6 Devon Daisy Entered

7 High Jinx Entered

9 Precious Ruby Murry Entered

10 Ebony Black Of rabbitrunner Entered

11 Elgedane Blue Empire

12 Elgedane Silverslip

LURCHERS

1 Storm

2 Tod

Rae and myself can't make this meet unfortunately :( , but wishing you all a great, injury free day :thumbsup:

My final word on the subject

1. No-one is forced to enter our events - if you feel that £10 is excessive - don`t enter your whippet it`s as simple as that

2. No-one is being fleeced - anyone who has run one of these events will tell you that trophies are expensive, the cost of organising an event is expensive full-stop. Time, which you don`t get paid for is the most expensive commodity. We have also made donations to charities like the Tilly fund from our events

3. We don`t charge an admission fee for entrance to the field by insisting people buy a card . If we did spectators unfairly subsidise the cost of the running, which may put off people new to the pastime

Could the moderators please close this thread now as I`m sick of it all now.

If you want to enter on the 13th PM me or Pennymeadow

nigelmcfc said:
My final word on the subject1. No-one is forced to enter our events - if you feel that £10 is excessive - don`t enter your whippet it`s as simple as that

2. No-one is being fleeced - anyone who has run one of these events will tell you that trophies are expensive, the cost of organising an event is expensive full-stop. Time, which you don`t get paid for is the most expensive commodity. We have also made donations to charities like the Tilly fund from our events

3. We don`t charge an admission fee for entrance to the field by insisting people buy a card . If we did spectators unfairly subsidise the cost of the running, which may put off people new to the pastime

Could the moderators please close this thread now as I`m sick of it all now.

If you want to enter on the 13th PM me or Pennymeadow

I cannot understand lamping mans query as to the price of the lurchers as Jeff has said other clubs do charge less for lurchers , but every person on the field has to pay £3 per card so your charges are up again as wll you know lamping man, and as to have taken certain remarks off i have read certain peoples remarks that are quite offensive and they have been left on is this not discrimination

[SIZE=14pt]UPDATE[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Whippets[/SIZE]

5 Lady Beatrice Entered

6 Devon Daisy Entered

7 High Jinx Entered

11 Elgedane Blue Empire Entered

12 Elgedane Silverslip Entered

13 Elgedane Dark Charm Entered

[SIZE=14pt]LURCHERS[/SIZE]

1 Storm

2 Tod

3 Sally

surely in this day and age we must all stand together,all the money that was taken was given to a good cause TO PAY LEGAL COSTS FOR PEOPLE THAT WERE DOING SOMETHING WITHIN THE LAW.so if this means paying what everyone else pays then so be it,other clubs charge the same as this new club so whats the problem,other clubs charge less for other breeds also,instead of being negative[or quering things]maybe we should be positive about some people trying to do something for the benefit of the whippet.as i said earlier regarding the proceeds the countryside alliance is the only organisation that is standing up for coursing and field sports,you might not agree with them but do we just stop doing what we all love and have a real passion for because this government says it is wrong.

rabbit runner said:
surely in this day and age we must all stand together,all the money that was taken was given to a good cause TO PAY LEGAL COSTS FOR PEOPLE THAT WERE DOING SOMETHING WITHIN THE LAW.so if this means paying what everyone else pays then so be it,other clubs charge the same as this new club so whats the problem,other clubs charge less for other breeds also,instead of being negative[or quering things]maybe we should be positive about some people trying to do something for the benefit of the whippet.as i said earlier regarding the proceeds the countryside alliance is the only organisation that is standing up for coursing and field sports,you might not agree with them but do we just stop doing what we all love and have a real passion for because this government says it is wrong.
I can see you're quite passionate about these events - and why not? I agree it's up to everyone whether they want to pay double for a whippet, but everyone is still entitled to have an opinion. It was a perfectly ligitimate question, but lots of people got fired up about it, and treated it as a personal insult. You say others have made offensive remarks - I haven't seen any, but if I've missed something, don't hesitate to bring it to my attention, and I'll deal with it :thumbsup:

June Jonigk said:
rabbit runner said:
I can see you're quite passionate about these events - and why not? I agree it's up to everyone whether they want to pay double for a whippet, but everyone is still entitled to have an opinion. It was a perfectly ligitimate question, but lots of people got fired up about it, and treated it as a personal insult. You say others have made offensive remarks - I haven't seen any, but if I've missed something, don't hesitate to bring it to my attention, and I'll deal with it :thumbsup:

i am not that passionate about lure coursing at all i am interested in the real thing but as everyone nows its against the law :D all lure coursing to me is a fun day out to meet people and have a good time.but to others it is more which i respect,i was under the impression that ten pounds was the going rate to enter [but i do stand to be corrected if i am wrong] what i am passionate about is people trying to do some good where whippets are concerned and trying to introduce newcomers to our chosen sport,there was a few new faces there at the weekend and they were very interested in running there own whippets in the future,all this will do is make them think about whether its all worth it.sometimes opions are best kept to ourselfs,as it doesnt always come across as it is meant to be intended over the net.

[SIZE=21pt]UPDATE[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]

Whippets

5 Lady Beatrice Entered

6 Devon Daisy Entered

7 High Jinx Entered

14 Eugenie Princess Entered

15 Winterfell Tinkerbell Entered

16 Winterfell Sprite Entered

17 Winterfell Lady Gray Entered

1 Storm Entered

2 Tod Entered

3 Sally Entered

[SIZE=14pt]Here is a post from your coursing club Lesley & Lamping Man Why is it only £5.00 for lurchers at your event & £10 for whippets ? Just a ligitimate question. :thumbsup: [/SIZE]

Just been asked to put up the following dates for EAWCC

20 sept 2008 - 32 dog stake , Holbeach Lincs open meeting , few places still available

11th Oct 2008 - Members only meeting , Norfolk , NCC slipper and judge for dog and bitch cups , possible lurcher and childrens stakes depending on entries

25 Oct 2008 - members only meeting , Norfolk, 2 whippet stakes 1 lurcher and possibly childrens stake ( again depends on entries)

8th Nov 2008 - Open meeting 32 dog stake , Lincs

look forwards to seeing you all there , childrens stakes only £1 pound!!! all entries get a rosette , get the kids involved as they will be the coursers of the future!!

Lurcher stakes have been asked for so please support , only £5 pounds an entry open to all unreg whippets, lurchers and reg over sized whippets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pennymeadow Whippets said:
[SIZE=14pt]Here is a post from your coursing club Lesley & Lamping Man Why is it only £5.00 for lurchers at your event & £10 for whippets ? Just a ligitimate question. :thumbsup: [/SIZE]

20 sept 2008 - 32 dog stake , Holbeach Lincs open meeting , few places still available

11th Oct 2008 - Members only meeting , Norfolk , NCC slipper and judge for dog and bitch cups , possible lurcher and childrens stakes depending on entries

25 Oct 2008 - members only meeting , Norfolk, 2 whippet stakes 1 lurcher and possibly childrens stake ( again depends on entries)

look forwards to seeing you all there , childrens stakes only £1 pound!!! all entries get a rosette , get the kids involved as they will be the coursers of the future!!

Lurcher stakes have been asked for so please support , only £5 pounds an entry open to all unreg whippets, lurchers and reg over sized whippets.

[/quot :oops: i think this will end this thread.

[SIZE=21pt]UPDATE[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14pt][/SIZE]

Whippets

5 Lady Beatrice Entered

6 Devon Daisy Entered

7 High Jinx Entered

18 Williamswick Cavalier Entered

1 Storm Entered

2 Tod Entered

3 Sally Entered

[SIZE=14pt]UPDATE[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Whippets[/SIZE]

5 Lady Beatrice Entered

6 Devon Daisy Entered

7 High Jinx Entered

18 Williamswick Cavalier Entered

19 Rowie Entered

1 Storm Entered

2 Tod Entered

3 Sally Entered

[SIZE=21pt]Here is a post from your coursing club Lesley & Lamping Man Why is it only £5.00 for lurchers at your event & £10 for whippets ? Just a perfectly ligitimate question. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Is it common practice to FLEECE THE WHIPPET OWNERS ?[/SIZE]

rabbit runner said:

[/quot :oops: i think this will end this thread.

The EAWCC MY club ???? wow I have gone up in the world haven't I, I think I will do my next event closer to my home oh and I shall definatley put the lurchers up to a tenner :*

Seriously though I don't know why it's different for Lurchers and whippets as I'm only a member but I bet if I asked the organisers they would let me know without getting as touchy as you lot have (w00t)

I am not singling out any club the thread was there so I asked a simple question and got a snotty reply, I didn't say anything bad about your club or say it was too expensive, you have obviously become defensive about someting which doesn't exist and blown it out of all proportion.

Also, I speak for myself not any other club so do not bring me into your paranoid battle of the clubs :thumbsup:

Back