The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Lurchers In Limerick Need Help!

Loopy

Registered
Reaction score
http://www.limerickanimalwelfare.com/law/greyhounds.htm

Just look at poor Lily :rant: :( and the other 40 Lurchers & Greyhounds who need bedding, coats, collars and anything you can spare including forever sofas!

If anyone in England, Scotland or Wales is interested in adopting a doglet from Limerick they will bring them over here and if things don't work out will also collect.

Please help them.....

Do feel free to crosspost link to other forums. The more help they get the better.

Last edited by a moderator:
just looked at your website how can folk be soo bloody cruel? if you dont like dogs fine dont get one but to leave em in that state its unforgivable!! :angry: plus when these people who did this get caught they get lenient punishment. in my opinion they want hanging. i wish i could help but ive just started college and dont have the money to spare :(

Lily... :'( :'( :'(

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

OMG i was in tear's reading this :( how can people be so cruel :rant:

It's not my website rach125 but you CAN help by telling other peeps about it as the more people who look the better as some may be able to help.

There is a shop link which sells stickers for cars with the website on + anyone who can spare a blanket, collar, dog coat, toy or anything really (including money) can send it to them.

I went to Limerick once about 16 years ago and it's known locally as Stab City which gives you an idea of the mentality of some of the people. I went with my ex whose family lived there and I wasn't impressed.

The good news is I am doing a course in animal care so ill get all my friends on the website plus my tutors as we're all dog loving ppl!!

I would happily like to shoot the majority of these people.

Greyhound Racing..............................please dont mention it my earshot.

I don't know how the people at LAW carry on sometimes, some of the cruelty cases they get are appalling. I have to be feeling strong just to read their website.

Lily and Aesop (the dog they *think* is a poodle, but he's in such a bad state they can't be sure) have really got to me. Poor Lily's recently had pups, too, can you imagine what she must have been through in the state she's in?

This makes my blood boil how anyone can let a dog get in this state is unbeleivable.U can feed a dog on as little as £1.50 per week.there is that many dog meals on the market now with a lot of stuff in them to keep a dog in condision.And before i get the people saying u cannot feed a dog on £1.50 per week think of a bag dog of meal and how much u feed aday and work it out. :angry:

Lily, Aesop & the others wring my heart and wish I could stop the cruelty that

led to their condition but doubt that can be achieved so can only appeal to doglovers who have spare doggy accessories to post them to LAW & if there

is anyone who organises jumble sales etc on here praps they could do so to raise

money for Lily & friends.

I have a couple of other money raising ideas for them and am awaiting answer to email I sent earlier.

These poor animals...i have emailed to offer some help and i have cross posted the link (i hope that's ok) onto several other forums that i use. I read the page re the abuse and felt physically sick for these poor dogs, dear God, what kind of people do these things? I see abuse cases through the Practice from time to time and never cease to be shocked and disgusted by the people, and these cases i see are not a tenth as bad as the ones on that website. Lets hope that by making lots of people aware that it will go some ways to help.

As a suggestion - could we have an auction of donated items with proceeds going to LAW?

If someone could act as treasurer members could donate items and other members could bid and the goods could be posted to winning bidder (by donating person) when payment received by treasurer.

Let me know if you think this would be acceptable to K9 Mods and if anyone would be prepared to act as treasurer as I couldn't do it as not enough hours in the day already.

Loopy said:
As a suggestion - could we have an auction of donated items with proceeds going to LAW?
If someone could act as treasurer members could donate items and other members could bid and the goods could be posted to winning bidder (by donating person) when payment received by treasurer. 

Let me know if you think this would be acceptable to K9 Mods and if anyone would be prepared to act as treasurer as I couldn't do it as not enough hours in the day already.

nina says she could shoot these people but i dont agree shooting is too good whip them with a lengh of rusty barbed wire then give them a vinegar bath :rant:

those pics are heartbreaking. :( anything we can do to help we will.i think thats an excellent idea about an auction.ill post this site on all the sites i go on to try to get more help.poor lily and all the others on there. :'( :'( :'(as for little shamie :(

I've just seen the update on Lily on the LAW site

Limerick Animal Welfare

She is looking sooo much better, and has amazingly turned into a stunningly pretty girl. Despite all she's been through she sounds so happy and good-natured, someone is going to be very lucky to have her :wub: :wub:

So many other sad cases on the Limerick site though :(

can't believe how good looking lily is. there are alot of nice looking dogs on that website, if only i could have one :huggles:

Lily :wub: is looking much better thankfully & poor Aesop too altho his eyes are a problem.

As auction doesn't seem to be a go-er could everyone who works for a company ask them if they would add LAW to their list of charities they donate to so we can raise ongoing money for them?

I've been emailing link to my suppliers asking them to do same and to forward to their colleagues to make them aware & hopefully donate individually too.

I've just seen an update on Lily, who has now gone off to her new home - in New York!

She has turned out to be such a stunning looking girl, really unusual, and sounds really sweet natured in spite of all she's been through. I hope she has a wonderful and happy life with her new family :luck: :luck:

didnt she turn out to be such a pretty girl? :wub: youd never have thought it from the first terrible pictures of her. :( good luck Lily in your new life. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Back