The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Lurcher Shows In Scotland...

stormydog

Registered
Reaction score
Ive noticed in the past few years theres never much talk of lurcher shows in bonny scotland, is this true or am i just not hearing about them. Theres the Scottish gamefair in Perth and Galloway has an annual gamefair but the lurcher events were wiped from the itinery.

So if any of you "brethern fae across the shuck" know of any shows can you let me know please.

john... whos dogs fancy a highland fling though im scared the monkey-dog will pull a few kilts up in the air.... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
i was at clamis castle last year or the year before,,,,,,,,,was looking forward to the racing side,,,there were hundreds of lurcher,s there,on the day,,,,,,,,,,,,but no racing i was gutted.........just terrier racing,,,and lurcher,s having a wee chase about 20yds in the main arena

all those lurcher,s and no racing bit of a bummer,,,,,,

whippeteerThe1st said:
i was at clamis castle last year or the year before,,,,,,,,,was looking forward to the racing side,,,there were hundreds of lurcher,s there,on the day,,,,,,,,,,,,but no racing i was gutted.........just terrier racing,,,and lurcher,s having a wee chase about 20yds in the main arena

i dont get it at all...hundreds of lurchers and they do a token gesture of a "chase the bunny" :wacko:

maybe this year theyll do a rave eh ? keep your ears and eyes open and any whispers rumours or the like let me know or post it here :thumbsup:

i will ask felix ,,stormy on the main lurcher show,s up in scotland ,,,on saturdy if he,s there as he goes to a lot off shows

when i went to shows in late 80,s and early 90,s when i was young lad,,halibourton(spelling :blink: ) was the main race for lurcher,s..... i won in 1988 supreme lurcher champion of scotland and reserve sup 1989...........but i dont think that run,s anymore i dont know where the main one is now,,,but i will ask felix :thumbsup:

but if u ask me ur better coming to kirkcaldy for scottish derby,,,,with monkey dog ;) :thumbsup: ,,,,cos thats the big one for racer,s

p.s following the bagpipes to the trap,s in the diffrent classes,,in final,s wot more can u want than that feeling in front of hundreds of peoples,,,,,,,, :thumbsup:

whippeteerThe1st said:
i will ask felix ,,stormy on the main lurcher show,s up in scotland ,,,on saturdy if he,s there as he goes to a lot off shows
when i went to shows in late 80,s and early 90,s when i was young lad,,halibourton(spelling  :blink: ) was the main race for lurcher,s..... i won in 1988 supreme lurcher champion of scotland and reserve sup 1989...........but i dont think that run,s anymore i dont know where the main one is now,,,but i will ask felix :thumbsup:

but if u ask me ur better coming to kirkcaldy for scottish derby,,,,with monkey dog ;)   :thumbsup: ,,,,cos thats the big one for racer,s

p.s following the bagpipes to the trap,s in the diffrent classes,,in final,s wot more can u want than that feeling in front of hundreds of peoples,,,,,,,, :thumbsup:

itll be like the 12th july !! lol im up for that one..no mistake ill be there with China. thats a weekend to really look forward to ! :thumbsup:

stormydog said:
whippeteerThe1st said:
when i went to shows in late 80,s and early 90,s when i was young lad,,halibourton(spelling  :blink: ) was the main race for lurcher,s..... i won in 1988 supreme lurcher champion of scotland and reserve sup 1989...........but i dont think that run,s anymore i dont know where the main one is now,,,but i will ask felix :thumbsup:

but if u ask me ur better coming to kirkcaldy for scottish derby,,,,with monkey dog ;)   :thumbsup: ,,,,cos thats the big one for racer,s

itll be like the 12th july !! lol im up for that one..no mistake ill be there with China. thats a weekend to really look forward to ! :thumbsup:

It's one of the best venues of the year :thumbsup: look out for Mousey Tung :lol:

Got to agree, Scottish Derby is one of the best events of the year, great atmosphere and brilliant racing. :cheers: Having your dog piped down for the final is a lovely moment too. :thumbsup:

Derby I think is last weekend in July and there's a No Limit Yearling Class John. :thumbsup:

whippeteerThe1st said:

You were obviously at the wrong area or day, of the show !! As our lurcher had qualified for the Scottish Championship, we were there, and got to the final of the Lurcher racing, which was certainly over far more than 20 yds !! What day were you there ? Lurchers were Saturday, Terriers Sunday.

wild whippies said:
Got to agree, Scottish Derby is one of the best events of the year, great atmosphere and brilliant racing. :cheers:   Having your dog piped down for the final is a lovely moment too. :thumbsup: Derby I think is last weekend in July and there's a No Limit Yearling Class John. :thumbsup:

OHHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!

Eggy said:
whippeteerThe1st said:

You were obviously at the wrong area or day, of the show !! As our lurcher had qualified for the Scottish Championship, we were there, and got to the final of the Lurcher racing, which was certainly over far more than 20 yds !! What day were you there ? Lurchers were Saturday, Terriers Sunday.

i checked with wife- we where there on the saturday 2006.....there was racing the year before,,,,2007 unsure,,,,but the day we where there i stayed till 5.30pm but no racing,,,,,,,one off the guy,s asked i think one of the organiser,s of the show ---they said they didnt support the racing this year i,e prize money £70 or trophys ????i think so they didnt run it

eggy iam still unsure of day but we are 99% sure it was saturday,,,,,,and some of my family where there all weekend helping run the clay piegeon shoot that year and said there didnt appear to be no racing that year.......

wot i did notice about the glamis castle show was there was alot of lurcher,s that year :thumbsup:

:b but if iam wrong and it was sunday,i was there :b ,,,i.e it was two year,s ago

i might go up this year,(30 miles from me),if this is where the lurcher champs are held,,,,,, :thumbsup:

might take the camera :D :thumbsup:

whippeteerThe1st said:
Eggy said:
whippeteerThe1st said:

i checked with wife- we where there on the saturday 2006.....there was racing the year before,,,,2007 unsure,,,,but the day we where there i stayed till 5.30pm but no racing,,,,,,,one off the guy,s asked i think one of the organiser,s of the show ---they said they didnt support the racing this year i,e prize money £70 or trophys ????i think so they didnt run it

eggy iam still unsure of day but we are 99% sure it was saturday,,,,,,and some of my family where there all weekend helping run the clay piegeon shoot that year and said there didnt appear to be no racing that year.......

wot i did notice about the glamis castle show was there was alot of lurcher,s that year :thumbsup:

i was there on the sat , definatly racing , my mates dog won , . my dog won the championship show , the second time in 2 years , his litter sister won it the year before , incidently , she was reserve champion in the open show , so it was a profitable day for me , won £225 delighted , but still waiting for the yearly trophy to arrive.

There certainly was racing, last time I was there Bob (WT1st)

- before the showing at Glamis couple of years ago?

At the side of the area the lurchers were being shown and shortly before the show

(NOT main arena- designated area had a fair auld stretch, if uneven :b , but they are lurchers!). Fantastic picture of Felix and Chaos BTW :thumbsup: Kudos!

Sorry Stormy, I am getting off your topic, only I wondered if anyone knew anything of the JRT Lurcher and terrier show this year? Last couple of years it was on the Randolf (while the whippets were on over the way), before that the show was in Beveridge Park?

:oops: no racing (window of opportunity :D per chance for the Kirkcaldy non ped club?)

:cheers:

Sheena

it must off been sunday i was there --my mistake :oops: :oops: :b :b

good news thou i can go this year on saturday :lol: and enter my wee dog,s in the race -hopfully,,,, :thumbsup:

(question) ---i take it racing is in the morning not late evening????????????

stormydog said:
whippeteerThe1st said:

Think u have more of a reason to b there now mate,after that monkey jumped past evyfing going uphill on sunday mate.John wif la fast cars,fast monkey's,and on la lookout for la fast womany fing's,will be taking la fast ferry to da bonny bank's of best wee country in da whole wide wold. See u all der,i hope,as Billy wif da slow broken toed doggies,wat keeps him awake all night,is going on da fast ferry too.

billyboy45 said:
stormydog said:
whippeteerThe1st said:

Think u have more of a reason to b there now mate,after that monkey jumped past evyfing going uphill on sunday mate.John wif la fast cars,fast monkey's,and on la lookout for la fast womany fing's,will be taking la fast ferry to da bonny bank's of best wee country in da whole wide wold. See u all der,i hope,as Billy wif da slow broken toed doggies,wat keeps him awake all night,is going on da fast ferry too.

does anyone know a fast woman free for derbyshire..kedlestone hall gamefair ?!!

Back