The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Lurcher Show & Racing

BIG WELL DONE TO PEONY & ARCHER :cheers:

WINNING THE OVER 23" STRAIGHT RACING :thumbsup:

Just like to thank everyone who braved the weather and surported the show.

I hope that everyone enjoyed themselves that attended even though weather was fairly miserable at times.

Well done to all the winners and everyone who took part. A full set of results will be entered tomorrow at some stage.

The final figure raised for the charities has yet to be confirmed but is creeping towards the 4 figures, which is great considering the weather :thumbsup:

Thanks again

Tom Pickering

What a great day .......................met some lovely people, saw some divine dogs and waded around in loads of mud!

HUGE thanks to Nick, Amanda Worcester's son who slipped Archer for me :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

A very well organised show, superb racing track, amazing rosettes and trophies and two worthy causes which have benefitted. Definitely a show to pencil in for next year :thumbsup:

Many thanks to the organisers who managed to pull off a really great day despite the weather. :D

Only got home this morning, we loved the mud so much we stayed another night (w00t) :lol: difficult to tell the difference between our awning floor & the field :eek:

Well done Peony & Archer.

Would like say thanks to all the judges for their help & for donating their payments to our 2 charities. Special thanks to Kelly our young lady judge for judging the 2 childhandling classes :thumbsup:

Also thanks to all the people who helped put this show together & worked really hard all weekend, well done to the rabbits for winning our Sat fun comp(pics to follow) which shows you're pretty good at cheating :lol: :cheers:

Thanks to Evesham Greyhound & Lurcher Rescue for attending, to Angus for allowing the show to go ahead on his land despite the weather & to the NL&RC for their support & help.

Finally thanks to all the people who made the effort to attend our 1st show, we hope you all enjoyed you're day. :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks to all the organisers as it turned out to be a great day with so many friendly people...

well done peony and archer winning the straight racing, as i went home before it started ...my 5 yo Bradley loved it and even had a go at showing Bow which is not a show dog..as it was for charity we entered as many fun classes we could and he got three thirds...which he really loved doing...poor Bow being dragged round and having her paws placed down and being stacked by Bradley as he watched everyone else

I rather give money to charity by going to these events than having someone come round knocking at my door

afew pic of Bradley and Bow in the show ring

wildlife907.jpg

wildlife914.jpg

wildlife912.jpg

winning third in the child handler class

wildlife921.jpg

Bow won the sighthound coursing...the rosettes and trophys were lovely

Would def go again and it was lovely to see a few k9ers..peony.and vicky with chole and buster

many thanks

[Thank you to the organisers for a brilliant day on sunday. It was the 1st time for me and Toby. He loved having a go at the coursing and we came back with 3 rosettes and 2 tropies inc best rescue....all in pride of place. See you all next time! Gill and Toby from London :cheers

Sillygilly said:
[Thank you to the organisers for a brilliant day on sunday. It was the 1st time for me and Toby. He loved having a go at the coursing and we came back with 3 rosettes and 2 tropies inc best rescue....all in pride of place. See you all next time! Gill and Toby from London :cheers

I am probably totally wrong here ..........but was Toby the grumbly boy that Archer fell in love with ??? :- "

Here are most of the results from the show. :thumbsup:

Lurcher simulated coursing;

Winner - Gin

Reserve - Tigger

Sighthound simulated coursing;

Winner - Draperslock

Reserve - Phillip

Speed jump;

Unders winner - Magic

Overs winner - Sadie

Unders reserve - Cos

Overs reserve - Toby

Straight racing;

Puppy winner - Disel

Unders winner - Kes

Overs winner - Archer

Showing results;

Puppy show champion and reserve was won by Damon Davies with his super pair of bitches Holly & Willow.

The supreme champion was also won by Damon with Scooby.

The reserve show champion was Elkie owned by Angelia Perry.

Im sorry for missing the reserve straight racing champions but cant put names to the dogs. :oops:

I would also like to thank everyone for turning up as there has been a total of £1063 raised for charity :cheers:

peony said:
Sillygilly said:

I am probably totally wrong here ..........but was Toby the grumbly boy that Archer fell in love with ??? :- "

Yes!!! They'll have to meet up again in an "off the lead" situation (trade grumpy grumbls for play growls!)

Sillygilly said:
peony said:
Sillygilly said:

Yes!!! They'll have to meet up again in an "off the lead" situation (trade grumpy grumbls for play growls!)

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Toby is lovely ........................ you must put some pictures up of him :wub: I was really worried when it came to the racing that Archers fascination with Toby would cause disaster ....................when I tried to make him watch the lure, he kept peeping round me to see where Toby was!!

Tom Pickering said:

Winner - Gin

Reserve - Tigger

Winner - Draperslock

Reserve - Phillip

Speed jump;

Unders winner - Magic

Overs winner - Sadie

Unders reserve - Cos

Overs reserve - Toby

Straight racing;

Puppy winner - Disel

Unders winner - Kes

Overs winner - Archer

Showing results;

Puppy show champion and reserve was won by Damon Davies with his super pair of bitches Holly & Willow.

Im sorry for missing the reserve straight racing champions but cant put names to the dogs. :oops:

I would also like to thank everyone for turning up as there has been a total of £1063 raised for charity :cheers:

Wow.Way ta go Peony,Opp's i mean Archer,or Caroline,or whatever.Well done both of you.Great to see Archer has come of age,and learnt how to use those big strong leg's.Youve done me proud there girl.Bet youre over the moon with that boy now.Was just looking for a few pix of him there,when he was a wee puppy,but i didn't have photobucket way back then,so anything i had is long gone.Can still remember his puppy name though.Big fat CHUBBY CHECKER'S we called him.Do you have any up to date piccies of him. Well done to the show organisers too for a great effort.That was a brilliant total,for a worthy cause,im sure. ...Billy...

Last edited by a moderator:
billyboy45 said:
Tom Pickering said:

Winner - Gin

Reserve - Tigger

Winner - Draperslock

Reserve - Phillip

Speed jump;

Unders winner - Magic

Overs winner - Sadie

Unders reserve - Cos

Overs reserve - Toby

Straight racing;

Puppy winner - Disel

Unders winner - Kes

Overs winner - Archer

Showing results;

Wow.Way ta go Peony,Opp's i mean Archer,or Caroline,or whatever.Well done both of you.Great to see Archer has come of age,and learnt how to use those big strong leg's.Youve done me proud there girl.Bet youre over the moon with that boy now.Was just looking for a few pix of him there,when he was a wee puppy,but i didn't have photobucket way back then,so anything i had is long gone.Can still remember his puppy name though.Big fat CHUBBY CHECKER'S we called him.Do you have any up to date piccies of him. Well done to the show organisers too for a great effort.That was a brilliant total,for a worthy cause,im sure. ...Billy...

Thanks for that Billy :thumbsup: Archer does seem to have settled down a little bit at last ...............he will be 2 in 3 weeks time so he should be a little more grown up! He does seem to love his racing though which is lovely to see .............. I just have to learn to slip him over the winter and then next season we can take it all a lot more seriously :- "

I havent any recent pictures I am afraid ..........the one in my avatar is one of the latest, taken at Worcester Show earlier this year. I am hoping though that there were some taken of him at Chatsworth and Hook Norton. If I get any of those, I will send them you :thumbsup:

peony said:
billyboy45 said:
Tom Pickering said:

Winner - Gin

Reserve - Tigger

Winner - Draperslock

Reserve - Phillip

Speed jump;

Unders winner - Magic

Overs winner - Sadie

Unders reserve - Cos

Overs reserve - Toby

Straight racing;

Puppy winner - Disel

Unders winner - Kes

Overs winner - Archer

Showing results;

Thanks for that Billy :thumbsup: Archer does seem to have settled down a little bit at last ...............he will be 2 in 3 weeks time so he should be a little more grown up! He does seem to love his racing though which is lovely to see .............. I just have to learn to slip him over the winter and then next season we can take it all a lot more seriously :- "

I havent any recent pictures I am afraid ..........the one in my avatar is one of the latest, taken at Worcester Show earlier this year. I am hoping though that there were some taken of him at Chatsworth and Hook Norton. If I get any of those, I will send them you :thumbsup:

:cheers: Caroline ,would love that.Alannah said you are to gave ARCHER a great big hug from her.

billyboy45 said:
peony said:
billyboy45 said:
Tom Pickering said:

Winner - Gin

Reserve - Tigger

Winner - Draperslock

Reserve - Phillip

Speed jump;

Unders winner - Magic

Overs winner - Sadie

Unders reserve - Cos

Overs reserve - Toby

Straight racing;

Puppy winner - Disel

Unders winner - Kes

Overs winner - Archer

Showing results;

:cheers: Caroline ,would love that.Alannah said you are to gave ARCHER a great big hug from her.

Here you go Billy :thumbsup: managed to get a picture of Archer whilst we were out this morning. He doesnt usually stand still, but there were geese flying overhead which had him transfixed !!

IMG_2982.jpg

He is feeling a little out of sorts at the moment as we have two in season bitches here and he knows he should be doing something with them, but isnt really quite sure what yet :- " .

Hes lovely peony...Bradley sends hugs and kisses :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back