The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Loving Home Seeks Sighound To Cuddle....

kellysomer

Registered
Reaction score
Hello i'm new to the forum but my sister has recommended the site (xxwhippetloverxx she's an addict) as you guys may be able to help.

We are looking for a smoothcoated sighthound, any age, sex, colour, size to join our happy family. The dog will need to be friendly and good with children, it would also be a plus if he/she was good with cats although we are happy to detrain. We have tried all of the rescues and it seems that child/cat firendly dogs are like gold dust. We have a loving home with all the love a dog could want and have had a whippet in the family for years. We have no other dogs. We are having enormous trouble finding the right dog and would love any ideas. I have tried Greyhound Gap, Hampshire Greyhound rescue, dogsblog and other but they do not have the dog for us.

Someone must know a dog in need of a loving forever home, i cant beleive how hard it is to find one......

Hi and welcome to the forum. There are many Greyhounds crying out for a loving home. You could contact the Retired Greyhound Trust...They will find a dog near to you. Some of them are great with cats!!

Years ago I adopted a Greyhound and he lived beautifully with two cats . They will do a home check and find you anice friendly cat loving hound!! Good luck !!!

Hi again...I guess you are in Hampshire :p !! The Retired Greyhound Trust may be able to bring a dog to you from another part of the country. We have Fen Bank near to us and they always have dogs needing homes....So worth getting in touch and having a chat with them.

Thanks flowerpot i have tried this and they have said that they dont have any cat trainable dogs which is hopeless, all i want is a dog to snuggle with..... :(

What ! That is unbelievable !! They are crying out for homes for ex racers and many will live with cats. Have you `googled` around the rescues ?..if not you could try that. What do JR Whippets have at the moment. My Bluebell came to me through them.....I do hope you find one soon....There are so many...I can`t believe it......SEnding you hugs :huggles:

Back