The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Looking For Pet Homes

foxyroxy

Registered
Reaction score
If anyone knows of anyone looking for a whippet as a pet, please give me a pm, Ta :))

I thought someone would jump at the opportunity of offering champion of champions Foxy Roxy a pet home in her retirement.

A bitch as notable as this would be a pleasure to own.

What a lovely bitch foxy roxy was I hope she gets nice home .

I thought someone would jump at the opportunity of offering champion of champions Foxy Roxy a pet home in her retirement.A bitch as notable as this would be a pleasure to own.
With any luck they *all* have homes now :thumbsup:

I've been thinking of getting a freind 4 for Rogue but I'm still in the process of of buttering tp the boss lol

has chris actually said its for foxy roxy and miss daisy? both r beautiful bitches.

SORRY when my girls have retired they have a permanant sofa here! its not like greyhond racing and dogs seem to be disposable. if you dont have room for your oldies dont breed sorry just my opinion, off to put my tin hat on and hide also think its unfair to ask rescues to help as some do, not yourself but others do if i was in the position to have to part with some of mine it would be the young ones that were rehomed

SORRY when my girls have retired they have a permanant sofa here! its not like greyhond racing and dogs seem to be disposable. if you dont have room for your oldies dont breed sorry just my opinion, off to put my tin hat on and hide also think its unfair to ask rescues to help as some do, not yourself but others do if i was in the position to have to part with some of mine it would be the young ones that were rehomed

Just to put a stop to this now, unless you know the circumstances of the situation you can't be in a position to comment and you're batting very wide of the mark here :thumbsup:

Its not an easy decission to pet home our dogs,,I had to 2 yrs ago,,Colt,,who broke his leg,,cost us almost £2000 to get it fixed,,we payed it,,he and our other dog were rehomed,,due to my health,,I cant race now,,kept the 2 older dogs,,one almost 10,,the other 5yrs old. I have not ran a dog for 2yrs,, due to my health and will never go back to the racing,,wish I could, but I cant due to my health,,I know the 2 I have are here for life,,and I know after they gone,,I wont own another dog,,as I will prob be in a wheelchair,,cant walk them,,dont knock folk wanting to rehome,,atleast they not free to good home on e-pupz,,etc,,the homes will be vetted. I know the ones I rehomed are having a great life as I get photos and e-mails and even see them a few times a year,,yes they still go nuts when they see me,,but very happy to go away with new owners :thumbsup: .

Just to put a stop to this now, unless you know the circumstances of the situation you can't be in a position to comment and you're batting very wide of the mark here :thumbsup:
Not spoke to Chris in a while but first thing I thought was something must of happened for her to post. I know she's gone through some changes in circumstances in the past and still battled on with managing kids, dogs and work. Don't know what's gone on and it's none of my business but I hope your ok Chris. :luck:

I do know whats going on and your our of order saying what you did. dont presume you know what people are doing and why it can be very upsetting and very wrong mark. good luck fined the right homes chris give me a shout if you need any help xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
:wacko: I KNOW YOU PROBABLY MEAN WELL WITH YOUR COMMENTS AND I HAVE TO ADMIT I AGREE WITH YOUR SENTIMENT. BUT, WE DON'T KNOW THE CIRCUMSTANCES BEHIND THE REQUEST AND WHAT HEARTACHE IS BEING FELT AT HAVING TO MAKE SUCH A DESCISION! IN THE PAST I HAVE HAD TO PART WITH A PUP OR JUVENILE OR TWO, BUT NOT WITHOUT A LOT OF SOUL SEARCHING AND TEARS. I HAD BRED EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM AND WHEN YOU'VE BROUGHT THEM INTO THIS WORLD YOU ONLY WANT THE BEST FOR THEM. HOWEVER, WHEN THEY BREAK A LEG AND YOU HAVE IT FIXED (AT NO SMALL EXPENSE) AND YOU ARE ADVISED NOT TO RACE THEM, YOU ARE LEFT WITH A DILLEMA. DO YOU KEEP THEM AND LEAVE THEM ON THE SOFA ON RACE DAYS, WHEN THEY LOOK AT YOU AS IF THEY'VE DONE SOMETHING WRONG, BECAUSE YOU AREN'T TAKING THEM WITH YOU? IF YOU WANT TO STAY IN THE SPORT AND DO THE BEST BY YOUR DOGS YOU HAVE TO LEARN TO SAY FAREWELL TO THOSE THAT CANNOT RACE, OTHERWISE YOU HAVE NO ROOM FOR THOSE THAT CAN! EACH ONE THAT I HAVE PARTED WITH HAVE FABULOUS HOMES AND ARE LEADING THE LIFE OF RILEY. ANYONE WHO KNOWS ME WILL TELL YOU THAT IT'S THE HARDEST THING TO DO, COS MINE ARE QUITE LITERALLY MY BABIES AS I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO HAVE CHILDREN OF MY OWN. I HAVE NOW REACHED THE STAGE WHERE MY HEALTH IS DICTATING THAT I CANNOT CARRY ON MUCH LONGER AND I MAIGHT HAVE TO STOP RACING ALTOGETHER AND I AM DREADING IT, SO PLEASE DON'T JUDGE ANYONE WHO IS ONLY TRYING TO DO THE RIGHT THING IN ENSURING THAT THEIR BELOVED DOGS HAVE A GOOD HOME! :unsure:

:wacko: I KNOW YOU PROBABLY MEAN WELL WITH YOUR COMMENTS AND I HAVE TO ADMIT I AGREE WITH YOUR SENTIMENT. BUT, WE DON'T KNOW THE CIRCUMSTANCES BEHIND THE REQUEST AND WHAT HEARTACHE IS BEING FELT AT HAVING TO MAKE SUCH A DESCISION! IN THE PAST I HAVE HAD TO PART WITH A PUP OR JUVENILE OR TWO, BUT NOT WITHOUT A LOT OF SOUL SEARCHING AND TEARS. I HAD BRED EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM AND WHEN YOU'VE BROUGHT THEM INTO THIS WORLD YOU ONLY WANT THE BEST FOR THEM. HOWEVER, WHEN THEY BREAK A LEG AND YOU HAVE IT FIXED (AT NO SMALL EXPENSE) AND YOU ARE ADVISED NOT TO RACE THEM, YOU ARE LEFT WITH A DILLEMA. DO YOU KEEP THEM AND LEAVE THEM ON THE SOFA ON RACE DAYS, WHEN THEY LOOK AT YOU AS IF THEY'VE DONE SOMETHING WRONG, BECAUSE YOU AREN'T TAKING THEM WITH YOU? IF YOU WANT TO STAY IN THE SPORT AND DO THE BEST BY YOUR DOGS YOU HAVE TO LEARN TO SAY FAREWELL TO THOSE THAT CANNOT RACE, OTHERWISE YOU HAVE NO ROOM FOR THOSE THAT CAN! EACH ONE THAT I HAVE PARTED WITH HAVE FABULOUS HOMES AND ARE LEADING THE LIFE OF RILEY. ANYONE WHO KNOWS ME WILL TELL YOU THAT IT'S THE HARDEST THING TO DO, COS MINE ARE QUITE LITERALLY MY BABIES AS I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO HAVE CHILDREN OF MY OWN. I HAVE NOW REACHED THE STAGE WHERE MY HEALTH IS DICTATING THAT I CANNOT CARRY ON MUCH LONGER AND I MAIGHT HAVE TO STOP RACING ALTOGETHER AND I AM DREADING IT, SO PLEASE DON'T JUDGE ANYONE WHO IS ONLY TRYING TO DO THE RIGHT THING IN ENSURING THAT THEIR BELOVED DOGS HAVE A GOOD HOME! :unsure:
To put the record straight here and now, Chris did not ask Scruples to help. Chris is a friend of mine.

Incorrect assumptions have been made on this thread and it shouldn't be discussed any further, thanks :thumbsup:

To put the record straight here and now, Chris did not ask Scruples to help. Chris is a friend of mine.

Incorrect assumptions have been made on this thread and it shouldn't be discussed any further, thanks :thumbsup:
:angry: I WAS REFERRING TO THE "REQUEST" FOR ANYONE WANTING TO RE-HOME AS IN THE ORIGINAL POST! AS FAR AS I AM AWARE I HAVE NOT MET "CHRIS", I DO NOT KNOW THE CAUSE FOR NEED TO PART WITH HER DOG'S, NOR DO I WANT TO. I AM SIMPLY ASKING THAT NO-ONE JUDGE ANOTHER PERSONS ACTIONS UNTIL THEY KNOW THE FACTS! I AM SURE THAT THE DESCISION HAS NOT BEEN TAKEN LIKELY AND I SYMPATHISE , I HAVE MADE NO "ASSUMPTIONS" AND WOULDN'T DREAM OF DOING SO. i'VE BEEN THERE AND IT'S NOT NICE. SO PLEASE DON'T TAKE MY COMMENT AS OFFENSIVE AS IT CERTAINLY ISN'T! :unsure:

:angry: I WAS REFERRING TO THE "REQUEST" FOR ANYONE WANTING TO RE-HOME AS IN THE ORIGINAL POST! AS FAR AS I AM AWARE I HAVE NOT MET "CHRIS", I DO NOT KNOW THE CAUSE FOR NEED TO PART WITH HER DOG'S, NOR DO I WANT TO. I AM SIMPLY ASKING THAT NO-ONE JUDGE ANOTHER PERSONS ACTIONS UNTIL THEY KNOW THE FACTS! I AM SURE THAT THE DESCISION HAS NOT BEEN TAKEN LIKELY AND I SYMPATHISE , I HAVE MADE NO "ASSUMPTIONS" AND WOULDN'T DREAM OF DOING SO. i'VE BEEN THERE AND IT'S NOT NICE. SO PLEASE DON'T TAKE MY COMMENT AS OFFENSIVE AS IT CERTAINLY ISN'T! :unsure:
:oops: Sorry, I got confused because I thought you were referring to the post above which infers that Scruples was asked to help. No offence :b

my post does not infer asking rescues in this case if you re-read it, im sorry i didnt know the circs of the above but in general getting rid of the oldies to make room for youngsters is becoming more common and it makes my blood boil, i juggle work,kids and dogs as well so i know the problems and can understand people with health and relationship issues needing to part with their dogs but as i said just to do it so they can have another litter makes me mad

Firstly Chris hasn't mentioned name/names so I don't think its fair for other people to be coming on posting them or the amount of dogs being rehomed.

Secondly, whilst i know this is an open forum I can't understand why people from other sections want to come jumping in with their false accusations, if they knew or had any concern about non ped whippets they'd know Chris and the fact something must be drastically wrong for her to part with one of her pets, absolutely no way on this earth one is going to make room for a new dog, so the holier than thou posts make me laugh.

my post does not infer asking rescues in this case if you re-read it, im sorry i didnt know the circs of the above but in general getting rid of the oldies to make room for youngsters is becoming more common and it makes my blood boil, i juggle work,kids and dogs as well so i know the problems and can understand people with health and relationship issues needing to part with their dogs but as i said just to do it so they can have another litter makes me mad
In other words you made presumptions, wrongly. I think you owe Chris a public apology.

It's all fine and well criticising the likes of others for things they do but when those accusations are wrong and unfounded it could be seen as libelous.

:oops: Sorry, I got confused because I thought you were referring to the post above which infers that Scruples was asked to help. No offence :b
:thumbsup: THANKS! I HATE IT WHEN THERE'S BAD FEELING. WE'RE ALL ABOUT DOING THE BEST FOR OUR DOGS AND I KNOW THAT SCRUPLES AND OTHER RESCUES' ARE VERY OFTEN CALLED UPON TO PICK UP THE PIECES AND ALTHOUGH I, PERSONALLY HAVEN'T HAD TO CALL UPON THEM, IT'S GOOD TO KNOW THAT THEY ARE THERE, JUST IN CASE! SO, LET'S ALL LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER AND HELP WHEN WE CAN! :wub:

I think everyone who knows chirs will be waiting for an appology off you to her. if you want to post about the suject of some people replacing old dogs for new start your own thread on a scetion you know about or in genral whippets. You know nothing about this situation at all so the only thing needed from you is a public appoliage. try posting of thread of people you catuly know are doing it. I hope you fell very gulity posting what you did on such a lovely csaring person thread.

anyone who can offer a pet home for a whippet contact chris privatly thanks

Back